Newguyintown
    Newguyintown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

EXCEL (or other database) PROGRAMMING ASSISTANCE NEEDED!

Hello Think Tankers:

I'm looking for assistance designing a spreadsheet that would give me CLV % for MLB once I just enter price and close. Ganchrow has this on his sheet but it takes quite a while to do each value individually. I'd just like to, for example, enter I got -135, the close was -145, my edge was X%. If you already have a sheet that does this I'd love to pay you for the blueprint (or whatever you call a blank sheet with formulas).

I'd also like something designed (likely in EXCEL since that is where the data is but I suppose it could be moved if there was something better) to create subsections of data (e.g. only thru June, or only when $500 or less is risked, or thru June when $500 is risked). This might be something simple to do, I don't know.

I'd like to hire someone to assist me with this, please PM me if any interest and we can discuss! thanks

Newguyintown

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

For question one... how are you calculating the CLV%.

For question two... pivot tables are your best friend.

antonyp22
    antonyp22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

I assume he means the percentage difference between the taken line and the closing line?

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

Serious Question. Isn't Brock Landers in IT? I swear he said he worked in IT for a university...
    Another question, so do you need this only done in Excel to make the calculation?

Newguyintown
    Newguyintown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 626

Yes the percentage difference between the taken line and the closing line, or however Gancrhow does it on his famous spreadsheet. So I'm currently doing it manually however he does it. The sheet grabs the midpoint and then you put in the price you actually wagered and it gives you the theoretical percentage value. I'm sure most of you guys here are pretty familiar with that sheet. That's the only thing on that sheet that I know how to do....

I don't necessarily need it in EXCEL, I do have some EXCEL google docs with a lot of the info there. I suppose it could be moved if there was a better format.

akphidelt
    akphidelt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 640

Quote Originally Posted by Newguyintown View Post
    Yes the percentage difference between the taken line and the closing line, or however Gancrhow does it on his famous spreadsheet. So I'm currently doing it manually however he does it. The sheet grabs the midpoint and then you put in the price you actually wagered and it gives you the theoretical percentage value. I'm sure most of you guys here are pretty familiar with that sheet. That's the only thing on that sheet that I know how to do....

I don't necessarily need it in EXCEL, I do have some EXCEL google docs with a lot of the info there. I suppose it could be moved if there was a better format.
    You have that file available?