Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Bank Roll Management Question

There's a question after this, I promise.

BANKROLL A (poker)
    Should always reflect 40% of OVERALL BR

BANKROLL B (sports)
    Should always reflect 30% of OVERALL BR

BANKROLL C (misc,BJ,horses)
    Should always reflect 20% of OVERALL BR

BANKROLL D - Supplemented by daily surpluses
    From BANKROLLS A,B,C. BANKROLL D
    NEVER supplements BANKEOLLS A,B,C
    Basically, anything that goes into BR D STAYS in BR D

So, any surpluses from any particular BR are used to supplement the other bankrolls proportionately. If I win $10 in BANKROLL A- $4 stays in BĀNKROLL A, $3 goes to BANKROLL B, $2 goes to BANLROLL C & $1 goes to BANKROLL D.
    If I lose $10 in BANKROLL A - $3 is supplemented from BANKROLL B to BANKROLL A & $2 is supplemented from BANKROLL C to BANKROLL A.

The question is, with limited knowledge of spreadsheets or excel & virtually no knowledge of VB or compilers, what is the best way to calculate the daily amomts that need to be transferred to each Bankroll?

bihon
    bihon's Avatar Become A Pro!

D can't be part of total bankroll as it is not reusable.

Win:
    D=win*0.1
    A=win*0.4
    B=win*0.3
    C=win*0.2

Loss:
    A=-loss*0.444
    B=-loss*0.333
    C=-loss*0.222

If A was the losing one you transfer to it from B and C accordingly.
    Last edited by bihon; 05-05-14 at 09:09 AM.

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

This set-up would have a high probability of draining your ABC bankrolls IMO. Unless you win a larger % of days or have a rather large return on the dollar, you will probably eventually bankrupt bankrolls ABC.

Joe.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

for sports the best money management is the bettingresource's money management.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Bihon, so basically I am taking any profits realized from bank rolls A,B &C and I am multiplying them by .1 to calculate how much should be transferred to bankroll d. and any losses that are realized are multiplid by .444 or .222 or .333 to determine how much will be supplemented to the losing bankrolls?

U21c, I agree that the bank rolls will drain however hopefully by the point that they are drained bankrolle D will have provided, let's call it a supplemental income.

747, really good article I enjoyed reading it most helpful was the realization that I do not have to recalculate my bankroll after every bet or even after every day. Recalculating your bankroll on a weekly basis seems much more feasible.

bihon

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Bihon, so basically I am taking any profits realized from bank rolls A,B &C and I am multiplying them by .1 to calculate how much should be transferred to bankroll d. and any losses that are realized are multiplid by .444 or .222 or .333 to determine how much will be supplemented to the losing bankrolls?
    Right. Your total tradeable basket A+B+C equals 0.9.
    1/0.9=1.1111 which is the multiplying factor for each one of them.

bihon

Quote Originally Posted by u21c3f6 View Post
    This set-up would have a high probability of draining your ABC bankrolls IMO. Unless you win a larger % of days or have a rather large return on the dollar, you will probably eventually bankrupt bankrolls ABC.

Joe.
    Agree. Actually the winning ratio should be higher than 53%, (with odds 2.0).
    Last edited by bihon; 05-08-14 at 04:42 AM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only bet what you would not miss.........

Poker Gods will bless you every time...........

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

This is a bankroll management strategy for my upcoming trip to Vegas. My bankroll is $2700. My living expenses such as rent and food will come out of this BANKROLL as well.
    I'm trying to decide if it is better to proportionately subsidize each bank roll as the totals fluctuate or would I be better off not subsidizing each bank roll and when one bank roll is depleted I simply stop playing that particular game. For example if I lose 100 percent of bank roll A, I simply stop playing poker and focus on sports in bankroll B and blackjack and horses in bankroll C?

If you're not familiar with my Vegas thread Polly you wouldn't know that I always bring the same amount 2700 dollars. I spent a long time saving this money, through sports gambling and online poker. If the worst case scenario rears its ugly face, the most I can stand to lose is $2700 and I can afford to lose it.

Right now the reason I am in this forum is because I am concerned with my money management strategy. It never hurts to gather advice and information. Thanks for all the responses and the links I am sure they are going to prove to helpful.

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

I would not subsidize the bankrolls. Not only is that easier but I wouldn't want to take money from where I am performing well to put towards monies where I am not performing well.

Joe.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

When you put it like that it makes sense

Maybe a hybrid version of the money management system where there is a just a BR A & BR D.

I am already required to split my BANKROLL into Tournament BR & cash game BR

suzie
    suzie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

oooooooooo ok was going to offer what i learned from good friend

thought ya was talking about Money Management

lamichaeljames
    lamichaeljames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

how'd you do in Vegas?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO