Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Sharp money/Baseball Betting

In football and basketball I look at line movement and where the money is at and only bet sharp money for the most part.I bet Michigan plus the number Sunday against Kentucky but that was based on a trend I noticed that had been working in college hoops based on line movement.Ive done this the past few years with overall success in this two sports and then baseball comes along and well fukk.

My question is,anyway you can follow sharp money in sports like baseball and hockey where betting is mainly ML?I Mean I know how to look at money line and percentage of bets placed and see how its moved or not moved,but does that work betting wise in those sports?

Any insight would be appreciated,
    Fieldy

antonyp22
    antonyp22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

Would greatly depend on whether everyone else has taken their slice of the +EV pie and if there is any left for you.

Hustler11
    Hustler11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by antonyp22 View Post
    Would greatly depend on whether everyone else has taken their slice of the +EV pie and if there is any left for you.
    Andddd, how exactly do you figure that out? My guess is you can't.

antonyp22
    antonyp22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

IMO that's where the approach of following sharp money is flawed. You won't really know whether you're wagering on something that has +EV or whether the what you're betting has been bet to a point where it is efficient.

Modelling is the better approach.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

Furthermore, some sharps bet and move the line on a game just so that they can drive the price of he other team to bargain levels, and then all the steam chasers join in and make the other team even more of a bargain. Then the sharp buys the other team at the last minute, and he wins by making everyone else lose.