yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Don't agree it is statistically better to knee on 1 yard. The analysis counts the chance of Auburn punching in on 1st and 2nd attempts while concluding the overall winning chance is actually getting better after each failed attempt. This does not make sense. The analysis should only calculate the chance of punch in on 3rd attempt, because 1st and 2nd attempts should be simple knee to burn clock, to be fair to FSU's intelligence. Don't think it is better choice at all.
    absolutely wrong. 1st and 2nd downs should not be knees.

They should be trying to score on each down.

If they score on 1st down, they've still caused FSU to burn a timeout and the play would take a few seconds.

Starting at the 1 is mathematically superior only if you try to score on each down.

If you adopt your horrible strategy of taking two knees (thus starting 3rd and goal at the 2.5 yard line or so, giving yourself one down to get the TD), obviously I'd rather have scored right away.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

the only non athlete I can think of praying Tre would stop at the 1 1/2 yard line would be Steve Bartman. Becasue his GOAT legond would dwarf compared to Tre (as would Chris Webbers) and the Auburn Nation if that sily idea did not work.....

First 12