ck7
    ck7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moneyline Parlays or spreads?

I have reason to believe long term we would be better off doing ML Parlays than betting spreads. Spreads such a gamble, you can be right and still lose.

Teams want to win their games at least. You know for the most part they are going all out to win the game. Why not just bet ML's?

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Better off doing teasers...

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by ck7 View Post
    I have reason to believe long term we would be better off doing ML Parlays than betting spreads. Spreads such a gamble, you can be right and still lose.

Teams want to win their games at least. You know for the most part they are going all out to win the game. Why not just bet ML's?
    your betting on professionals favorites or dogs they both play to win. ex indy +10 at sf won out right, knicks-9 vs charlotte lost out right miami-11.5 to philly lost out right jags + 12.5 won out right i can go on and on all of those favorites were -400 or better

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

The problem is most games have two different teams, and they both want to win the game.

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ml parlays strictly for college fball the favorites win more than nfl

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am starting to like money lines more

Too much stuff happens with spreads that have no impact on winning game

BenGooGa
    BenGooGa's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mostly play ML parleys and win most of the time (when compared to spreads). But my bookie (Bookmaker) wont post money lines anymore. Not sure if they have restricted my account or they just dont post ML anymore.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

your restricted im with justbet same company but i have ml's

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Better off doing teasers...
    The fact that you say this tells me that you have no idea what you're doing. If you take two teams the are 6 point favorites each and tease them , then bet those same two team in a ML parlay, the ML parlay will always pay more.

Grizzles pk/Magic pk 6 point teaser -158

ML parlay of Magic/Grizzles is -104

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Stick to college for Money Line parlays.

In NFL too many underdogs win str8 up...

example jacksonville and st louis both winning on the road last week.

If your going to parlay NFL do underdogs ATS

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Bet small underdogs (less then 3 points in NFL and NBA) on ML.
    Bet favourites on spread. If you have doubts about cover, then don't bet.

Betting heavy favourites on Moneyline is considered very square, amateur action. Pros don't lay big juice. Don't bet on short odds like -300, -500.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    The fact that you say this tells me that you have no idea what you're doing. If you take two teams the are 6 point favorites each and tease them , then bet those same two team in a ML parlay, the ML parlay will always pay more.

People actually do 2 teams ml parlays or teasers? Then I guess I don't know what I'm doing. I stick to 3-4 team sweethearts and they have been very profitable for me with a mix of fb and basketball thrown in. Plus a teaser allows you take a dog and roll with the points. If you are just betting ML faves, you won't win much in the long run since dogs win outright all the time. In the end do you want to win money..give me a -110 teaser and let me cash it while you sweat out the last leg of your ml parlay for a team that looks like it took the week off.

If its a thrill your'e looking for, stick to spread parlays...or the hell with it, do a pleaser. Nothing like turning 5 bucks into 1300.

I do them all, by far the best moneymaker for me is the teasers. The rest of my parlays are for shits and giggles.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 11-13-13 at 04:32 PM.

jjgold

Betting money
    Favorites all the time will send you to the poorhouse

You have to pick your spots with them

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Betting money
    Favorites all the time will send you to the poorhouse

You have to pick your spots with them
    Jj you have had some quality posts today.. I'm proud of you!!

kzee89
    kzee89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

hahahaha. Quality posts are key

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Teasers are the absolute worst plays on the board. The odds are so in favor of the house that you cannot hope to break even. It is easy for you amateurs to remember the wins, but do you remember the losses? A three team parlay will pay you 30 bucks for a 5 dollar wager, but should pay you 35. It gets worse as the number of teams is increased. Teasers are worse than that, because not only are you getting screwed going in, but the books make it so tempting. All of your teams have to hit 71% of the time to win teasers. That is just the break even point. The point is that you are NOT going to have all of your teams hit at a 70% rate at the same time consistanly. Remember one loss means the entire wager loses. Now if you wager on each team with a straight wager, you need to win 52.38% of the time to break even. Do the math. 71 minus 52 equals 19. Since most two team teasers pay off at -110, you are giving up 19% to the books. Pass for me.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInTheMist View Post
    Ml parlays strictly for college fball the favorites win more than nfl
    This is my experience and it also makes intuitive sense. Check.

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post

Good thing to remember. ALWAYS check the ML parlay if you are going to consider a 2 team tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Stick to college for Money Line parlays.

In NFL too many underdogs win str8 up...

example jacksonville and st louis both winning on the road last week.

If your going to parlay NFL do underdogs ATS
    Again, more support and good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Teasers are the absolute worst plays on the board. The odds are so in favor of the house that you cannot hope to break even. It is easy for you amateurs to remember the wins, but do you remember the losses? A three team parlay will pay you 30 bucks for a 5 dollar wager, but should pay you 35. It gets worse as the number of teams is increased. Teasers are worse than that, because not only are you getting screwed going in, but the books make it so tempting. All of your teams have to hit 71% of the time to win teasers. That is just the break even point. The point is that you are NOT going to have all of your teams hit at a 70% rate at the same time consistanly. Remember one loss means the entire wager loses. Now if you wager on each team with a straight wager, you need to win 52.38% of the time to break even. Do the math. 71 minus 52 equals 19. Since most two team teasers pay off at -110, you are giving up 19% to the books. Pass for me.

As I've stated elsewhere, the only teasers to play are sweetheart. And with those, 4 team 13 is by far the best.
    What proves this other than evidence? EVERY book still offers 3 team 10. Which book hasn't either:

1. Done away with 4 team 13 pointers
    2. Juiced them up more and more
    3. Disallowed totals on them

You're welcome for the insight. 4 team 13 pointers with the maximum allowed totals (when you like them, of course) is the only way to go. You can gamble with sides, but the standard deviation on sides is WAY higher than totals. Also, I've found as a handicapper, I hardly every really like 4 sides in any given week. Maybe I like 3.

What goes against this entirely? When I'm right I usually don't even need the 13. Seriously.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

"you amateurs "

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the penetrate happened to this place.

TheSuit
    TheSuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Money line is where the profit is.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuit View Post
    yes like with duke today

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Quote Originally Posted by BenGooGa View Post
    I mostly play ML parleys and win most of the time (when compared to spreads). But my bookie (Bookmaker) wont post money lines anymore. Not sure if they have restricted my account or they just dont post ML anymore.
    Yeah...lots of times you can't get the money line ...

jjgold

I try everything and in the long run both put you in the red pretty deep

ML's you do seem to win more though and hang longer

husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuit View Post
    Parlays with the money line?

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

moneylines, especially when there is a big fav/dog, are juiced heavy...much bigger margin than the standard juice for spread. And when you parlay, you lose extra juice.

husky
    husky's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know vegasreaper on this forum does well with money line parlays in the -300 to -800 range. It would be interesting to see if others have done similar wagering with good results