noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Do you trust this guy?

http://www.******************.com/?hop=1timeprice

I doubt anyone would share a system that is working so I am sceptical. What do you think?

Edit: Looks like the site would not appear but I am talking about a guy with PHD in stats from an Ivy League school who claims to have a system in baseball thats winning 97% of the time and made him a huge fortune.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know, but thats a creative URL

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know. With an Ivy League PHD I'd expect him to hit at least 98.5%.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it

Quote Originally Posted by noober View Post
    http://www.******************.com/?hop=1timeprice I doubt anyone would share a system that is working so I am sceptical. What do you think? Edit: Looks like the site would not appear but I am talking about a guy with PHD in stats from an Ivy League school who claims to have a system in baseball thats winning 97% of the time and made him a huge fortune.
    Oh that's John Morrison. It's a chase system. I haven't tried it but from what Ive read from some people it works. I've read from others that it's a terrible idea. So I can't really help ya with this one.

noober

Yeah that's John Morisson. What is a chase system?

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it

Im not completely familiar with it, but from what Ive read it seems like this

bets $10 on team A
    if they lose, bet $25 on team B
    if they lose, bet $45 on team C
    if they lose, bet $90 on team D

I think he caps it at 6 games, which is why he doesn't have much losses. His system is usually something like take a team on a road trip for all six games and buy X amount of points. A very risky system IMO.

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Trust=NO

RaisyDaisy
    RaisyDaisy's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is playing the odds, but you have to be really consistenet and not back off. I seen alot of people with chase systems with different variations, but you can't be an action kind of bettor.

noober

So chasing systems are based on the martingale system? Read Nassim Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness" and you will never use it.

OSUCOWBOYS
    OSUCOWBOYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Martingale = death

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgood5 View Post
    Im not completely familiar with it, but from what Ive read it seems like this

bets $10 on team A
    if they lose, bet $25 on team B
    if they lose, bet $45 on team C
    if they lose, bet $90 on team D

I think he caps it at 6 games, which is why he doesn't have much losses. His system is usually something like take a team on a road trip for all six games and buy X amount of points. A very risky system IMO.
    Nah, its a 3 game chase, and you can do a search for 'morrison' and find all of his systems already posted here, and his system does work.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

There is much debate on whether martingale works or not. I hate using John Morrison (but have for a few plays in the past) and his system is alright. It is garbage for WNBA only though. If you are only using him for his plays, he is pretty good, and so far even w/ his money management system, he's up.

BUT

as most 'math' people here would tell you, it will EVENTUALLY fail and you'll lose everything.

my problem with this is that it is absolutely true if you are playing to infinity, but we all have to stop playing at some point, thus maybe one would never reach the point of losing everything.

most 'math' people here utilize a money management strategy which is the OPPOSITE of morrison, meaning a constant % of your present bankroll or Kelly. this ensures that you NEVER go bankrupt, BUT minimizes your winnings if ur hitting a good % and increases the break even pt. ex: if you win 5 games at even odds in a row and then lose 5 games in a row, you are down money. if you lose 5 in a row and then win 5 in a row, you are still down. that's why i dont like that strategy, even if it ensures you never go broke.

morrison's system doesn't guarantee that you won't go broke, but maximizes the profits better, and DECREASES the break even point. morrison only has to win 1/3 games to make money. i dont agree with his money management either though.

noober

Masu485, thanks for the information.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    most 'math' people here utilize a money management strategy which is the OPPOSITE of morrison, meaning a constant % of your present bankroll or Kelly. this ensures that you NEVER go bankrupt, BUT minimizes your winnings if ur hitting a good % and increases the break even pt. ex: if you win 5 games at even odds in a row and then lose 5 games in a row, you are down money. if you lose 5 in a row and then win 5 in a row, you are still down. that's why i dont like that strategy, even if it ensures you never go broke.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post

morrison's system doesn't guarantee that you won't go broke, but maximizes the profits better, and DECREASES the break even point. morrison only has to win 1/3 games to make money. i dont agree with his money management either though.
    no

noober

Can you explain?

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

You can easily go broke using Kelly if you can't quantify your edge. If your edge is 3% and you bet 7% you can easily go broke.

Most of what you said Masu is completely wrong. I don't know where to start to explain your errors so I'l just say durito is right.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

I love chase systems! guys have to pour money in on the C and D games, and I get a nice price the other direction. Ty chumps