balsflow
    balsflow's Avatar Become A Pro!

1/2 Point 1/2 Juice suggestions

Yo... New to the forum, not new to this world. Local book is giving me 1/2 point and 1/2 juice on all nba plays this year. I fully understand that typically a 1/2 point on an nba side will cost you -120, thus making the no vig line at -110. Im getting all these games at -105, and yes I understand the implied win percentages, and the long term strength of this advantage by simply playing every game on the sharper side, (based off of Pinny.. and a few other books) I am just curious if anyone has any suggestions to capitalize on this opportunity outside of what I just described.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

If the +.5 point only costs you 5 cents (5 dollars) and you can buy multiple points at 10 cents (10 dollars). Buy as many as you can within like 8.5, 10.5, 15.5 or 20.5. So if you can get -190 with buying +8.5 the actual bet amount should be -406.

YOU ARE NOT GETTING A BREAK AT -110 IF YOU CAN ONLY BUY A HALF OF A POINT. Fair line at buying a half of point is -109. Fair price on betting a spread would be even money/No VIG.

My guess is this bookie knows what the hell he is doing and you're not going to take advantage of him. NBA is the hardest sport to prognosticate (predict) because it is very random and there are not many people who bet NBA professionally who make great money. I would be extremely worried if you think there is a sharp bet in the NBA. Only money making NBA bets that I know of are futures and over/under win totals.

MLB, NHL, WNBA, NCAAB, NCAAF, Soccer, and NFL all have many sharps who have been proven successful. You don't hear about people making money off NBA games now-a-days (internet/computers), but you hear about people making money off the WNBA.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 09-26-13 at 12:19 AM.