usma1992
    usma1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Modeling the blow outs... in college football...

I think one of the items that is tough statistically is how include the Miami Savannah State or the Ohio State Florida A&M. Do you throw the game out? Probably best, but when I download the stats... I want to be able to do it easily without having to account for these matchups. One thing I do is throw out the amount of points scored...I do a few other things to adjust their offense. I actually think the offense statistics are far more affected by the blow outs than the defense statistics. So I am trying to account for these the best way possible. Of course, one of the ways I do this is to wait until week 5. Does anyone have website that provides statistics... Ignoring these matchups... Thank you in advance...

YourAllAmerican
    YourAllAmerican's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 907

I do not include games vs. FBS teams in the stats section on cleanuphitter.com. They can be included by using the selection menu, but by default they're left out.

YourAllAmerican

Quote Originally Posted by YourAllAmerican View Post
    I do not include games vs. FBS teams in the stats section on cleanuphitter.com. They can be included by using the selection menu, but by default they're left out.
    Correction: I meant to say games vs. FCS (formerly I-AA) teams are not included.

usma1992
    usma1992's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2268

Tried the website...looked good but everytime I tried to switch to defense...

I only got 2012 info for defense... I was not able to get up to date def for 2013. Maybe, I am an idiot but it wasn't readily apparent. When I changed the obvious, it didn't work. Dave

YourAllAmerican

2013 is there, for both offense and defense:
    http://cleanuphitter.com/cfb/stats/c...orm=SHOW+STATS