jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

newbie with ?s about following service plays

Hi everyone. Just found this site and love it. I am going to put some $ at a couple different books and try and build a bankroll.

I plan on tracking the service plays forum for a few weeks to find the best/most consistent cappers for each sport and then essentially ride their coat tails. I assume there are other people on this site doing the same thing, I would appreciate any input you can give as far as bankroll management, top cappers etc.

Also I know there are a lot of great cappers on this site. Is there a link to or a forum with a list of the top cappers or do I need to check each indiv sports thread and track each capper. I though I came across a list of the top cappers when I was going through the site earlier but now I cant find it. thanks for any help.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

visit service plays section here you find dozens of different sports services.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    Hi everyone. Just found this site and love it. I am going to put some $ at a couple different books and try and build a bankroll.

I plan on tracking the service plays forum for a few weeks to find the best/most consistent cappers for each sport and then essentially ride their coat tails. I assume there are other people on this site doing the same thing, I would appreciate any input you can give as far as bankroll management, top cappers etc.

Also I know there are a lot of great cappers on this site. Is there a link to or a forum with a list of the top cappers or do I need to check each indiv sports thread and track each capper. I though I came across a list of the top cappers when I was going through the site earlier but now I cant find it. thanks for any help.
    Welcome to SBR.

To be honest, your approach to betting from the start is entirely wrong. This place is a very solid resource for learning how to handicap games. Following other people's picks is ultimately a losing proposition. There's a LOT of people that have the bright idea to sell their "insight" on games, and very very few that actually have any talent. There's no easy answer, but a lot of people claiming they have it... Most of the time, you're better off investing that money in a wager than paying someone for their opinion. In short, buying picks is like paying an additional tax for no reason.

Before you spend any money on wagering, I would recommend you take a shot at doing it yourself. It involves looking at stats, trends, injury reports, etc to find situations where you feel like you have an advantage.

What sport(s) are you interested in? I can probably direct you to a couple of threads that will help you learn about handicapping particular sports.

jayfly

thanks for the insight. while i agree with most of what you said sk some of the "professional" cappers do make people a lot of money. I will not be paying for their picks I will get them for free here. I would love to be able to spend my time on handicapping myself but at this point in my life i am chained to my full time job nor do i have enough of a bank roll to make enough $ to make enough money quickly enough to justify trying. someday though.

I think the potential to make money is here, i just need to sift through the bs cappers to find the honest consistent ones.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    thanks for the insight. while i agree with most of what you said sk some of the "professional" cappers do make people a lot of money. I will not be paying for their picks I will get them for free here. I would love to be able to spend my time on handicapping myself but at this point in my life i am chained to my full time job nor do i have enough of a bank roll to make enough $ to make enough money quickly enough to justify trying. someday though.

I think the potential to make money is here, i just need to sift through the bs cappers to find the honest consistent ones.
    I can understand that. For now, take a look through the "Two Minutes for Roughing" thread if you're interested in Hockey, "Roag Bettor's Season Thread" for NBA insight, and Line Crusher's threads in College Football. Those are probably where you'll find the best insight into the respective sports.

Good Luck.

jayfly

thank you sir