vicwootn
    vicwootn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

mlb switch-hitting

Does anyone know of a site that will give me information on the dominant hand a hitter used in a previous at-bat? Saying that switch hitters bat lefty vs righties and righty vs lefties is not the answer I'm looking for. Thanks!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Not exactly sure your question is clear........but I can tell you that EVERY switch hitter in the history of the MLB is a dominant left handed hitter.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-19-14 at 03:11 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

skrtelfan.........every switch hitter in the history of MLB is a dominant left handed hitter. I didnt say hits for a better average or power from the left hand side. Why would a natural/dominant right handed hitter learn to hit from a side of the plate 70% of their AB's that isn't their dominant side????

The numbers you provided are simply stats.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    skrtelfan.........every switch hitter in the history of MLB is a dominant left handed hitter. I didnt say hits for a better average or power from the left hand side. Why would a natural/dominant right handed hitter learn to hit from a side of the plate 70% of their AB's that isn't their dominant side????
    Perhaps...to better perform in the 30% of his job that involves opposing a RHP? You have no idea what the f you are talking about. Here's a tip: check what pct. of switch hitters throw righty.

Regul8er
    Wordd

The question is not even close to being clear then. If a switch hitter faces a right handed pitcher, then his at bat is from the dominant side (left). I don't know what else to say here guys.

And evo....who gives a sh!t what % of switch hitters throw righty?? It's not relevant. But, since ALL switch hitters are natural left handed hitters, I would say over 50% throw left handed...but again, who cares?

evo34

Your claim is blatantly false. Where the fuq did you get the idea that 100% of switch hitters are natural lefthanded hitters? Do some actual research or shut the fuq up.

Regul8er
    Wordd

evo.....who in the fu(k would learn how to hit from their unnatural side for 75% of their AB's?

CleaRLY another guy who has never played competitive baseball thinking he knows the ropes, lol.

evo34

Tons of people, as it turns out. What world are you living in? The majority of switch hitters were in fact former rightside-only hitters. Chili Davis, Mickey Mantle, Eddie Murray. Ever heard of them? All were right-handed hitters who became switch hitters. Educate yourself here :

"In baseball history, many switch-hitters have been fast, little guys, middle infielders that couldn't hit enough from the right side, so they switched to the left side to get a step closer to first base, which, in part, explains why only 7 percent of switch-hitters all-time throw left-handed."

Regul8er
    Wordd

I swing left handed, and throw right handed.......ever heard of Chris Davis, Joe Mauer, Joey Votto, Ichiro, Ted Williams, Joe Morgan, etc etc etc? All lefties who throw right handed.

OK...so it appears some switch hitters were right handed originally....good job there.

I'm just gonna let this one die man....could argue all day with you..just not worth it.
    Last edited by Regul8er; 08-23-13 at 09:19 AM.

evo34

There's nothing to argue about in the first place. The facts speak for themselves. Going fwd, check your facts before spouting off with absurd generalizations. Then when someone with more knowledge corrects you, back off. 99% of the world abides by these policies. Join us.

P.S. To add even more insult to your feeble claim, all six of the guys you mentioned are natural right handers who learned to hit lefty...as are just about all other left-hitting catchers and first basemen. Christ.

Regul8er
    Wordd

OK evo....now your just flat out embarassing yourself. All 6 names above aren't even switch hitters, they are all strcitly lefties.
    Joey Votto and Ted Williams natural righties?? hahaha..unreal dude!

evo34

So you think Votto and Williams were born left-handed but decided to learn how to throw righty? You might be the dumbest piece of fecal matter on this entire board. Williams and Votto did/do everything in life right-handed besides hitting.