reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beat the Prickster stats.

I'm keeping an eye on the collective results of the Beat the Prick contestants.
    Now my theory is that the public as whole does not hit 50%.
    Right now the pricksters are hitting 47.5% with about 2700 picks in. Now of course a lot of the picks are the same and the #'s are correlated.
    What will we be able to tell from the final results?
    For example if the public tends to bet favs and favs have a bad year will the results be misleadingly bad? Or some similar bias?
    Or will we be able to say the final #'s are more or less indicative of the forum's skills after 17 weeks?

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Looks like they're currently at 48.5% or so. Not going to make it to 50. Can we say from this that lines are shaded? Or that the vast majority would be better off going against their own picks?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I would be looking at how many games are sampled here, reno. I really don't think you'd have a high enough sample size (in total games) for your results to be conclusive.

BobbyBaseballs
    BobbyBaseballs's Avatar Become A Pro!

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

im 45 % in btp contest but im at 58 % for the year

reno cool
    the meaning of harm

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    I would be looking at how many games are sampled here, reno. I really don't think you'd have a high enough sample size (in total games) for your results to be conclusive.

yeah. There are 20,000 picks, but who knows how many different games. Probably not too many. Curious as to how you would even go about calculating the significance of something like this.