dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Opinion on book about exchange betting.

Hey guys,

I was looking to read some stuff about the matchbook and similar exchanges and come across this book...is it worth of s*h*i*t or a good book?

http://www.winontradesports.com/

Thanks in advance

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Anything in a book probably won't be worth the cover price. This is overselling itself, so I'll call bullshit.

dimon

thanks man...that's what I was thinking myself

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

You may be throwing away forty bucks, but there could be one or two gems hidden in there. That's the problem with books on sports betting. You never know. One of the most useful things I've found in such books is from a book that is generally ridiculed.

Unitage
    Unitage's Avatar Become A Pro!

care to share this piece of knowledge?

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

The risk isn't throwing away forty bucks; that's unfortunate and the most likely result, but you're only out $40 and that is worth even a tiny chance of finding even one key insight. Justin is right of course that it's probably BS. The danger of BS is that you might buy into it, and that can cost you a lot more than forty bucks. I'd stay far, far away.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17549

I never trust and read those books. You can learn a lot more from gambling forums

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

- Tradesports has been dead for more than a year. They claimed that the US restrictions on fund transfers killed it.
    - The real value in Tradesports was that all lines traded *during the game*.
    - Matchbook is the only analog of which I am aware, and they make some very weird decisions about what if any lines trade during any given game.

send your $40 to me instead and I'll teach you how to use Matchbook.

dimon

Quote Originally Posted by bombCanada View Post
    - Tradesports has been dead for more than a year. They claimed that the US restrictions on fund transfers killed it.
    - The real value in Tradesports was that all lines traded *during the game*.
    - Matchbook is the only analog of which I am aware, and they make some very weird decisions about what if any lines trade during any given game.

send your $40 to me instead and I'll teach you how to use Matchbook.
    Well my man thanks first of all...I know how to use it, I was just wanted to learn some technicals points where you can make money on arbs and similar things...JM system moved the lines like crazy this MLB season...there will be even more line movement this NBA season, and I think that being marked as "JM follower" on betus still (not sure how long will they keep me that way) you can get awesome odds on the opposite of JM plays, wich creates great arb posibilities...I just wanted to use matchbook for similar things, not sure if "in-game" or live betting is for me...the most I interfere in during the game is half-time bets that's it...

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dimon

I made some decent $$ this weekend on matchbook during the Bills / Patriots game. Before the game, I bought some Bills to win straight up at +660. Then as things started looking up for the Bills, I sold half at +330 (which is really buying the Patriots at -330) and the rest later at +150. At one point I could have got +something on the Patriots, but at that point I was just kicked back watching and having fun. Not every game swings like that, but when it does it's cool and I took my $$ off the table long before the Bills lost.

Now, if I could figure out how to turn that into 100 pages, I could sell it to you for $40. Autographed copy?

dimon

YEAH, it would be nice...but in the scenario you described, Patriots jumped to 14:0 lead and that's it, most likely you will loose everything, right?