booboo
    booboo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Labrouchere Questions

I have a couple of questions on using Labrouchere (labby) line. Lets say we have a line that looks like this with the number representing the number of unit: 1 would be one unit, 2 = two units.

1 - 1 - 1 - 1

On the first bet I wager to win 2 units at the odds of 1.25, so I actually lost 2.5 units. So the next labby would look like this

1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2.5

My questions are is it best to place the wager to risk or to win the units? How does the varying ML odds affect the labby line?

I want to start using the labby but these points are confusing. Any ideas? Thanks

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Whatever happened to 'no systems in the think tank'?

Spend your time figuring out how to beat the market, not this garbage.
    Points Awarded:

Waterstpub87 gave NunyaBidness 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

booboo
    booboo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

How is this a system? I thought a system was what teams to play according to criteria that fit into a designed plan. I am trying to figure out a wise way to spend my money and didn't consider that a system. You must see something different than I do. Please explain what I must of got wrong, according to you.

parlay100
    parlay100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4596

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I have a couple of questions on using Labrouchere (labby) line. Lets say we have a line that looks like this with the number representing the number of unit: 1 would be one unit, 2 = two units.

1 - 1 - 1 - 1

On the first bet I wager to win 2 units at the odds of 1.25, so I actually lost 2.5 units. So the next labby would look like this

1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2.5

My questions are is it best to place the wager to risk or to win the units? How does the varying ML odds affect the labby line?

I want to start using the labby but these points are confusing. Any ideas? Thanks
    I bet to win. Because i want that 2.5 units back. It you bet to risk. you will still be losing a small amount of juice even more if the odds are greater than -110

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    How is this a system? I thought a system was what teams to play according to criteria that fit into a designed plan. I am trying to figure out a wise way to spend my money and didn't consider that a system. You must see something different than I do. Please explain what I must of got wrong, according to you.
    Well, to start, it's must have. You must of missed that day in school.

No string of -EV bets can become +EV bets because of their order or amounts you bet on them.

Focus on making +EV bets.

Might as well read tea leaves.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

You should directly be looking for ways to determine a mathematical edge; this looks like a fancy martingale (apologies if I'm misunderstanding).

Basically, if you do not factor in an event's betting odds to your betting decisions, you either have a system or the belief that the bet will win with 100% certainty.

*edit*
    NunyaBidness beat me to it. Especially pay attention to his statement regarding a string of -EV bets not amounting to a +EV bet.

brettd
    brettd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Blax0r View Post
    this looks like a fancy martingale
    Correct, as with all the other 1001 staking systems in existence. You can't polish a turd. If the bets are fundamentally -EV, nothing is going to save you.

jv040
    jv040's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

labby line is best used when betting heavy favorites. also making sure the system your betting on comes in at around 70% on the A bets.

if your labby line is 5-5-5-5 and your line is -150 then you would bet 15 to make 10 and if it loses then split the loss between first and second line like this

5-5-5-5-750

5-5-5-5-750

if it wins your new line for A bet would look like this 5-5 crossing out the two end numbers.

jv040
    jv040's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

place wager to win units. lines under the -150 favored you can choose to bring the whole amount down. if it was favored by like -110 or something like that.