dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Profit from public craze

Good morning guys,

I wanted to ask a few questions. We all witness some crazy line moves caused by the followers of the system everyone know about so I won't even mentioned its name. What I want to know what are some ways to profit from the blind followers and books adjustments that this casing. We all saw the line movement on the Cubs game, sculping this game could of easily net you about 4% then the day before the WNBA game saw the line moved from +1.5 to -4...let's talk about what can be done to gain value and bet accordingly against this possible system plays.

maxmad
    maxmad's Avatar Become A Pro!

works more on totals i think

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If the line move is for no rational basis (i.e. JM systems), fading them will make money as long as he moved the line enough.

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Could either Justin or dimon elaborate a bit on this? Are you referring to getting down on the overnight line for the system play and then taking the opposite side once the line has been moved enough to justify a scalp?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Say a line opens at -160 in MLB. JM's system causes lots of people to bet it. It moves up to -200/+190.

There could be value on +190. If people speculating on coin flips move the line this far, I'll fade them every time.

dimon

Yeah, and it is opened at -160 and moved to -200/+190 just take +190 and 4.14% ROI is yours...what I want us to share is the basketball line movements...sometimes it will have the line moved hole 5 or more points and you can get in the middle without any additional juice...maybe someone has some other ideas for how to play these plays

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

no i think you summed it up, arbing and grabbing middles is the way to go.

Corey
    Watching all of Justin7's SBR.tv videos
    Corey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by dimon View Post
    Yeah, and it is opened at -160 and moved to -200/+190 just take +190 and 4.14% ROI is yours...what I want us to share is the basketball line movements...sometimes it will have the line moved hole 5 or more points and you can get in the middle without any additional juice...maybe someone has some other ideas for how to play these plays
    How do you get such a specific percentage of 4.14%?

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If the line move is for no rational basis (i.e. JM systems), fading them will make money as long as he moved the line enough.
    Is it free to sign up for JM Systems so we can look for these opportunities? If not, what kinds of games do they give picks for so I can look at the lines on sbrodds for myself?

dimon

There is no need man, MIL was today an A bet...look at the lines and you will understand everything...one cool thing is BetUs who adjust the lines for JM plays has PIT at +150....how cool is that...4.5% easy scalping these two, no risk....wait and watch if it goes to the C bet it will be crazy...I just want to have some similar method for his NBA and other spread plays....you can get in the middle with no juice, but there is no guranteed plays this way...you risking to loose vig on one of the plays if it is completely off the spread...any thoughts?

maxdalury
    maxdalury's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya betus will severely limit you if you keep going on the opposite of JM plays. Cuz they know that you can kick the crap out of them.

dimon

how do you know that? have they limit you before? i have no problem with 3-5K wagers with them

maxdalury
    maxdalury's Avatar Become A Pro!

took them a little bit to catch on but they definitely limit you.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there anywhere to see JM's past picks? Any proof at all of his claims? Even if he fudges the numbers, where can I find that?

dimon

just search this forum man...he indeed winning now, but many people here waiting for the collapse to see what will happen...books taking actions now, well at least some do

Corey

There is no need man, MIL was today an A bet...look at the lines and you will understand everything...one cool thing is BetUs who adjust the lines for JM plays has PIT at +150....how cool is that...4.5% easy scalping these two, no risk....wait and watch if it goes to the C bet it will be crazy...I just want to have some similar method for his NBA and other spread plays....you can get in the middle with no juice, but there is no guranteed plays this way...you risking to loose vig on one of the plays if it is completely off the spread...any thoughts?
    I take it that since one side of the bet is +150, in order for the arb to be 4.5% the other line must be... (plugging #s into SBR arb calculator) -125?

What do you mean by A bet and C bet? this is part of JM's B.S. System? What does the bet changing type from A to C cause to happen?

I'm trying to look at yesterday's money lines history on sbrodds to see how the PIT v MIL moneylines changed.
    Last edited by Corey; 08-29-09 at 01:04 AM.

dimon

I said that it was 4.14%...I think you could of got MIL at -131 early, and then PIT at +150

Corey

I said that it was 4.14%...I think you could of got MIL at -131 early, and then PIT at +150
    OK. I notice on SBRodds you can see yesterday's games and the line changes. Is there an archive of past games on SBRodds?

bettman
    bettman's Avatar Become A Pro!

good info is coming out here.