legendary1
    legendary1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer Theory

Knowing "system" is a taboo word around here, I would like to discuss an idea I had. In soccer moneyline betting, most teams, including favorites, are given + odds. My idea is to bet on all of the favorites that are given - odds at home, and weight the amount wagered towards the overwhelming favorites, with the idea that teams that fit this criteria will very rarely lose.

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

no.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Every bet you make is juiced, to make money you have to find which side has value, and its always different, or it doesn't even exist for some wagers. Hence why systems do not work.

littlezola
    littlezola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

This is wild on a number of levels.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

horrible idea as because your betting - favs the juice will get to you and you need to be hitting at a very high rate to profit.

littlezola

......and not just that, the whole idea is built around the assumption that the markets are completely inefficient when dealing with probabilities for favorites at home, as if an opportunity like that wouldn't have been hammered out of existence at the dawn of time.

I've actually read the original post about 10 times because I keep thinking I am missing something.

HUY
    HUY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3257

Quote Originally Posted by legendary1 View Post
    Knowing "system" is a taboo word around here, I would like to discuss an idea I had. In soccer moneyline betting, most teams, including favorites, are given + odds. My idea is to bet on all of the favorites that are given - odds at home, and weight the amount wagered towards the overwhelming favorites, with the idea that teams that fit this criteria will very rarely lose.
    What a horrible "idea".

jumpsquat
    ako ko naidje jebiga...
    jumpsquat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

http://networkedblogs.com/BBy7A

the idea might not be so horrible after all...

brettd
    brettd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Your idea actually has a little merit. You will lose money much more slowly betting big home faves in many soccer leagues as you would with other bet types.

But as to breaking into +EV territory, you will not achieve this just blindly betting this angle.

littlezola

"all home bets at -odds" is the original parameter - within that large an array of games there are naturally some +EV - but let's not get carried away here.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    horrible idea as because your betting - favs the juice will get to you and you need to be hitting at a very high rate to profit.
    If he is not chasing the steam of course. Otherwise, your statement is very true.