Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Question about bankroll?

if I'm hitting around 60% of my even money plays what kind of bankroll would i need to get things started?

VLR100
    VLR100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 985

Ideally as much money as you can find. Borrow money, sell all your assets to get as much money as you can. You basically have a printing press of money, the output conditional only on the quantity of money as an input.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

A max of 16% of bankroll per play into -110. But realistically 3%-5% if you want to stay sane. Realize you need huge volume to actually make real money at sports betting. A 4% play (2k) with a 50k roll at 60% win-rate profits $250-$300 a bet.

PS: You could be dreaming about your 60% win-rate...especially if you have to actually ask this question.

Conan

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    A max of 16% of bankroll per play into -110. But realistically 3%-5% if you want to stay sane. Realize you need huge volume to actually make real money at sports betting. A 4% play (2k) with a 50k roll at 60% win-rate profits $250-$300 a bet.

PS: You could be dreaming about your 60% win-rate...especially if you have to actually ask this question.
    thanks for the info ive bean betting for a while now but not real serious i keep depositing and cashing out not really trying to make a thing of it but i wanted to try and put some aside and see what i can make of it without hitting a win and cashing out and going on a bender and blow it.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

60% on more than 400 bets?

allin1
    Update your status

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=...#watch_actions

How often do you bet? If your 60% is reliable then you can bet with kelly (15%) but I doubt it is because you wouldn't have asked here this question if you really knew what you are doing. You would have gone through the numbers yourself.

If you still think you will keep hitting 60% but want to risk less here is a simple scenario:

you have 50000 and risk 1100 per bet. You would expect to make 16000 after 100 bets (60*1000-40*1100).

I don't understand why you haven't gone through these kind of scenarios yourself and see what you can expect.

Conan

I have bought in four times to books 1st 3 didnt keep track got a bonus so i worked out the roll for the bonus and cashed out made a good proffit those times so i decided to keep track of my bets the next time so i bought in again and am 90-60-8 at the moment hopefully 91 after the giants win tonight. im just trying to get more serious about things and wanted some starting thoughts to work off of.

allin1
    Update your status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH-aCkLkpOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyATmCJf4fc

watch all his videos if you want, it is good info to start with

there is also a lot of info in the think tank but you would have to go back and find threads that are much older

with such a small sample size that 60% can be deceiving and you can end up losing money in the next 100 picks

HUY
    HUY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3257

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    if I'm hitting around 60% of my even money plays what kind of bankroll would i need to get things started?
    You don't hit 60% of your even money plays, period.

Conan

Quote Originally Posted by HUY View Post
    You don't hit 60% of your even money plays, period.
    ok thanks for the thought provoking input