rcross23
    rcross23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Questions about tracking bets/P&L

Hey all,

I am new here and so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

Basically along with a co-worker, I have developed a system that I believe to be pretty profitable and is supported by a lot of historical data. We are testing it on a small scale right now, in order to truly test the validity of our methods. However, I am curious if there is somewhere on this site (or another site you can recommend) where we could enter in our bets each day (5-10 per day) and the number of units per bet, and it would then track our profit and loss. This way, if we can prove this out over a year or two, we would have something to support our claims that we have made X amount of dollars in the event that we want to sell picks.

We ARE betting this system currently, and our doing decent so far, but we would have no concrete PROOF for potential "investors" to show that we have really made this money using our system.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TMoney33
    Sanchez Blows It: YES -2000
    TMoney33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by rcross23 View Post
    Hey all,

I am new here and so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.

Basically along with a co-worker, I have developed a system that I believe to be pretty profitable and is supported by a lot of historical data. We are testing it on a small scale right now, in order to truly test the validity of our methods. However, I am curious if there is somewhere on this site (or another site you can recommend) where we could enter in our bets each day (5-10 per day) and the number of units per bet, and it would then track our profit and loss. This way, if we can prove this out over a year or two, we would have something to support our claims that we have made X amount of dollars in the event that we want to sell picks.

We ARE betting this system currently, and our doing decent so far, but we would have no concrete PROOF for potential "investors" to show that we have really made this money using our system.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Just wondering if your system is profitable why would you want to sell it? Unless you get limited everywhere you play.

rcross23

Hope you don't mind a couple questions. Is that spreadsheet visible to everyone or can I keep it hidden until I want to show people? If it is visible, is it possible to just show my win/loss, but not the actual plays made? In order to keep my system private, for now, I wouldn't want someone to be able to take all the picks I have made previously, analyze it, and figure out what my system is.

Thanks

rcross23

Just wondering if your system is profitable why would you want to sell it? Unless you get limited everywhere you play.
    Haha valid question. I'm not going to come on here like I assume many people do and say that my system is foolproof or anything silly like that. At THIS point, it is profitable. Obviously I hope that it stays profitable but can't guarantee anything of the sort.

There are a couple reasons we would want to sell picks. First of all, we are accountants, and so as much as we enjoy gambling, some guaranteed income would be nice, as opposed to the risk that comes with betting. The other thing is that we don't live in or near Vegas, and our thoughts are that it is super risky to rely on online betting to make SERIOUS money. Who knows if an online book is going to screw you if you make a lot of money, or if they'll get shut down, etc. So if we don't move to Vegas or Atlantic City or something, our thoughts were that if we could prove our system out over a couple years, we could sell picks and make a decent amount of money.

Might be silly thinking, but there it is

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198