bboots
    bboots's Avatar Become A Pro!

line changes

just learnin....question...when does a book decide to change their line???is it after they receive too much money on one side???...or do they change it manually after reading the don best line changes???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not usually, it is when the Don Best Line Screen goes black the books then all follow

Very few books move on money bet anymore

bboots

what do you mean by "goes black"??? Does the don best screen literally go black and when it reappears with new lines the books scramble to match it?

jjgold

Its when the majority of books change their lines and the line is shaded black for the change on the Don Best Screen.

bboots

how much of a time difference is there between the don best change and say SBR Odds??

jjgold

About 30 seconds the most

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Couple of years back I bet 3 dimes on a college football game at Pinny and after I made the bet the line did not change. A few minutes later it moved the other way. The next week I was visiting Pinnacle and they explained to me that they dont move the line on "squares action". [fuvckers!] Oh and I lost the bet.

marc
    marc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Prop bets are highly sensitive to the action the book is getting. At some books you will notice that after you place a bet, they move the line. But its hard to know, if it was you wager that made them move the line, or if it was that after getting your wager, they looked at the don best screen and realized they needed to update the line.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of books adjust their lines on action too.

A favorite little book of mine, Las Palmas, will make big moves in their moneyline after I place a max bet (and their max is only $500). Happens every time. It happens to a lesser extent with their spreads and totals too.

Like they'll move a NCAAF line from +400 to +360 after I put $500 on it.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Yea I'd like to move a line just once. In fact, I'd love to get booted for winning too much!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John
    Yea I'd like to move a line just once. In fact, I'd love to get booted for winning too much!
    Cmon John, You place a bet and the whole screen turns colors.

Guys, when you see the lines above go red, its because John is putting in his plays for the day.

magnavox
    magnavox's Avatar Become A Pro!

John, do you bet online, 'cause I've heard your employees cannot...?

SBR_John
    Wisky

Hell yes I bet online...f\*\*k the employees! :icon_mrgr

Actually I bet very little now and we have so much review work where we bet into books with real money accounts that I get all I want working.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Couple of years back I bet 3 dimes on a college football game at Pinny and after I made the bet the line did not change. A few minutes later it moved the other way. The next week I was visiting Pinnacle and they explained to me that they dont move the line on "squares action". [fuvckers!] Oh and I lost the bet.