FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

When to bet?

When is the best time to bet on a game?

I normally like to find my plays early in the morning and then I'd like to think that by gametime you can sometimes get the dogs at better prices because the public with bet hard on their favorite right before game time.

Is it just better to bet when you know which side you want to take it.. Where the longer it's up the longer the market is fairing out the line and you can't and don't want to risk trying to beat it?

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

this seems to have a wide range of answers because of the investors individual style
    myself i am a big edger that usually means whenever i get in on a line it moves against me so the earlier for me the better,thats just one style
    if you are a underdog looking for medians than just the oposite would apply most of the time

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

when i have a lot of free time to shop around and i know i won;t be distracted for hours. bet in a hurry usually means i have to sweat it out.

dogman
    dogman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10911

Watch which way the line is moving and most of the time it will move in the same direction thruout the day, especially with totals. If you see a big move in the opposite direction in the morning it will usually start going that way.

Afrot69
    Afrot69's Avatar Become A Pro!

when do the lines move. and when can they stop moving

Stoned Robot
    Stoned Robot's Avatar Become A Pro!

I prefer to bet when I deem the most value in a line. Which can be whenever...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There is no right answer to this, sharps move lines whenever they find value and it could be at any time.