Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I plan to repay them 50% (5000) anually. I know that is a lot, but I wouldn't have the opportunity if they didn't have the cash.

Thanks,
    rmdanie

koko
    koko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by David
    If I was starting out with 10K I would deposit half of that at Pinnacle to take advantage of their $500 sign-up bonus and divide the rest among two or three recreational books that have good sign-up bonuses.

This could be VERY dangerous. The 2-3 recreational books will have sign bonuses with rollover requirement. 95% of the time, if the rollover isn't met you can't cash out.

What happens if/when you loose your Pinnt balance to these books AND the rollover still hasn't been met?

Another thing, what happens when you get one side down and the other book goes OTB before you get the other side down? Now you're exposed for maybe 50% of your whole roll. Thats not a good spot to be in. No matter how careful you are, mistakes happen (goes off OTB, arb a half with a game line, different rules for sports at different books turn a win into a loss, etc etc etc.) 10K doesn't give you enough cushion to absorb these mistakes, unless you're not betting the max allowed at the books. If that's that case, you'll make 50 cents instead of $5.

Also, I find it very hard to believe you'll find as many 2%-3% arbs as you think you will, especially if you still to "safe" books. Most of the arbs will be VERY small (.25-.5%), and they ususally don't last long. When the 2%-3% arbs do show up either they don't last long and/or the are created by a "bad line" at one book. You grab it, only to find out later the book canceled your bet because the line was "bad". Now you're exposed.

To make real money with arbs, you need at least 50K. 100K is a good start, but really even when you have 100, you'll wish you had $200K (especially during football season).

tribet
    tribet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I cannot agree with the .25-.5% arbs,I don't do any less than .5%
    as there are plenty above that if you know where to look.

koko
    koko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by tribet
    I cannot agree with the .25-.5% arbs,I don't do any less than .5%
    as there are plenty above that if you know where to look.
    The OP is onl going to have 10K in action, so he won't in a position to find these and/or to act on them when he sees them.

With only using Pinny and one or two other books, the OP isn't going to have a lot of flexibility in where he looks. Plus, if he wants to make any money at all, he will have to turn his roll whenever he can. If he waits for bigger arbs at the 2 or three books bhe has funded, he might go days/weeks without seeing something better that .5%.

If he started with 100K and had several book funded at all times, then the chances of finding larger arbs on a regular basis will go way up.

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Why anyone that makes money arbitraging would attempt to help someone else compete with him completely mystifies me.

DrSlamm
    DrSlamm's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed

Yoshi
    Yoshi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koko
    To make real money with arbs, you need at least 50K. 100K is a good start, but really even when you have 100, you'll wish you had $200K (especially during football season).
    Bullshit...i made around 3k per month with a 15k bankroll alrdy back than, just because some people cant do that it doesnt mean you *need* so much money.

Yoshi
    Yoshi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve
    Why anyone that makes money arbitraging would attempt to help someone else compete with him completely mystifies me.
    Well i wouldnt tell where to find the best lines etc, but its no secret that Pinny loves scalpers...they even want people to do it.
    So its no problem to share the basics imo.
    Of course you wouldnt post "book xxx has ecxellent scalpable lines on halftimes" etc

Only the really slow books should dislike scalpers.
    Scalpers are no sharps, they just bet what Pinny etc offers them.

El Helado Patata
    El Helado Patata's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really dont understand why people keep telling others that 10k is not enough. Lets say that you manage 12.5% increase per month (fully achievable) then you have doubled your BR after 6 months meaning 10k>40k after a year. I think that is okay money even thou you obviously can make a lot more if you have 100k+

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

it seems you're kind of forgetting you also gotta live and eat and drink etc, so you can't reinvest it all in your bankroll like you seem to be suggesting (if you will be able to reinvest any of it, 1,25k a month will not do much for you, at least where i live). ofcourse, you could reinvest if you have another source of income, like say a job which is paying your living cost, but this would mean a lot less free time, which would actually mean 12,5% would become unachievable

El Helado Patata
    El Helado Patata's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by noyb
    it seems you're kind of forgetting you also gotta live and eat and drink etc, so you can't reinvest it all in your bankroll like you seem to be suggesting (if you will be able to reinvest any of it, 1,25k a month will not do much for you, at least where i live). ofcourse, you could reinvest if you have another source of income, like say a job which is paying your living cost, but this would mean a lot less free time, which would actually mean 12,5% would become unachievable
    I managed to do that with other fulltime activities. In fact, I was (or am) very new so I didnt use my BR optimally either.

My view of ALL investments are that you should not cashout anything until you have come to a level where the income is more then want you originally wanted. Of course, if you do this for a fulltime living then you have to cashout but I doubt that a lot of people quit their dayjobs directly to start off arbing with under 15k.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    I concur Ricky.

Nobody in their right mind would give away their secretes if they wanted to continue to make decent coin arb'ing.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I concur Ricky.

Nobody in their right mind would give away their secretes if they wanted to continue to make decent coin arb'ing.
    And nobody in their right mind would bump a thread nearly a year old concerning arb-ing discussions.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i guess if you want to do arb, you better get a pinny account.

First 12