Saab
    Saab's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

SportsDatabase or other databases

I have one great source for baseball stats, but I am looking to expand some of my computer models to other sports. Anyone know of a great online database for stats? I think it would be most ideal if they were by matchup, so like team a vs team b in basketball could have points per game, defensive stats, stuff like that.

I know sportsdatabase has the capability, but I have only just discovered it and would love some Tips on how to tweak the queries or scrape it to save for later...

Meestermike
    Meestermike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this free site has a great deal of data updated daily Basketball Reference

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

I would recommend scraping and building your own database. You can easily query your own database using something free like OpenOffice (or Access) or PostgreSQL. It's more work, but you can customize to include anything you want.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

sure would be nice if we could all get together and share dbs. Never seems to happen, tho.

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/colleges/

This guy has some really interesting facts & figures about pro & college players. It doesn't seem to be real user friendly for our purposes but has alot of info. Worth checking out. I haven't messed with it much but it seems to be more about personal stats & not team stats.