kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

I need some old spreads

I'm looking for NFL lines from 2005/2006 and 2004/2005. I've been taking my NFL system and seeing how it would have done in past years, given that it was successful this past season. I have 3 seasons recorded so far and it still looks really good, but obviously the larger the sample size the better i feel. problem is, most places only go back 3 years with lines history. can anyone point me to where i can find lines for these 2 other seasons?

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kroy, covers.com should have past results for these years and beyond.

MrMonkey

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

I use covers.com for this. Click on contests, then click on concensus picks, then your sport. You can then select the year and date you want to look at. If you click on the details you can even see the line movements. Very handy.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Kroy, I've got 'em, but be advised, 2004 & 2005 are two very difficult years to get any sort of decent results numerically...2005 being the Queen Bitch and perhaps the worst year since 1984 except for 1987 the strike year.

I'm talking NFL sides, of course.

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 04-25-09 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add last line for clarity

Wrecktangle

Data,

Thanks for the link, I'm checking some of the data against what I have and finding numerous errors. Double counts of games, game drop-outs, score errors, line errors, etc, etc. I know my stuff is pretty good as I double checked it. Anyone have checked out dbs? The error rates of some of these sites will break your heart if you base your modeling off them.

Data
    Data's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wrectangle, what sport you are talking about? RickySteve has done a big job posting NCAAF data errata in that thread. I have not used that data myself but I recall that when I was getting NBA and MLB data from Covers myself I found some mistakes as well. Since I have already checked my data I have no plans re-doing this, too busy working on my MLB model.

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA boxscores prior to 1987? any ideas where I might find these?

need scoring by quarter.

thanks

would be willing to trade

Wrecktangle

Data,

The NFL links had errors. Frankly, when I find more than 3 errors, I give up on the source as not worth the time.

Pancho, my db goes to 87 also. Probably the same source as yours.

If anyone is interested in checking dbs I'm all ears. But you need at least two from differing sources.

I've said this in another thread, for all the time spent on modeling by folks, it is surprising how little data quality control happens.