subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

Thremp, how'd u get busto, was it:

a/ just variance
    b/ gambling mistakes
    c/ hookers and blow

If b could u pls elaborate.

just asking cos u appear to b further down the line than me, so obv. i don't want to make those same mistakes (think i'll b ok with the hookers and blow tho; i went from ballah, to ball-and-chain and ballache) ... u going busto is more than a little worrying cos thought u were making the loot.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably a combo of all three. Justin7 thinks I lost my BR because I can't handicap. I think its because all my balances were at 0. Bottles and models probably contributed as well. Maybe one day I'll be like dur-made like a million dollars or something-ito

subs

i feel 4 u man.... must have been v painful time 4 u.

Having stalked ur posts (and many others') i feel that it is a big shame we lost u (and most of them too) even if u're a little abrasive.

Best of luck dude, like to hear that u balling again.

and try to give Justin a break, dude's just doing his job (pretty well IMO).

Thremp

Maybe someone who doesn't know me very well can chime in with what they think contributed to my demise. Easier to have an objective viewpoint.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

You have a wager log that can be analyzed?

Could actually be helpful to people to have it critiqued publicly...

I'd completely understand if you didn't want to provide that publicly though.

subs

wouldn't even need to b public, i mean we could discuss it here, but Monkey (if he has the time) or i could do it and maybe you and every1 else could get something very positive out of it...

calm
    FREE GRUMPERZ
    calm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 797

Thremp has no skills and no friends except that guy who ripped him off for $3.50. I doubt he ever made any money at all. My guess is he's in some third world shithole living off the piddling handout he got from his old man, playing the know-it-all tough guy online to delude himself about the true state of his sad, miserable existence.
    Last edited by calm; 05-15-12 at 04:26 PM.

Thremp

I didn't bother keeping records. Seemed like a ton of extra work for no real gain.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Busto Thremp makes me sad. He was an example of how efficient bottom feeding (no offence bro - I'm talking pure lineshopping etc rather than any expert LOCK skillz) could lead to robusto.

Stuns me you didn't keep records, although I can understand it, it is a bit of a ballache even on my lol volume and number of books.

Thremp

I guess I stopped keeping records around the time things started really falling apart. Maybe a psychological bias on my part? I don't know. I don't think it really affected my wagering in any significant way.

Anyway, bottom feeders are some of the biggest fish in the sea. While it may be sexier to be a shark, the best bottom feeders are bigger fish.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thremp maybe you can find work with me at SportsInsights.com? It seems a shame for your knowledge of the sports betting marketplace to go to waste. I can get you in touch with their CEO. Let me know.

Thremp

That would be great! Do they require any skills like programming? If so, they should hire a programmer instead of expecting someone to learn a pointless side task that isn't their core competency. What next? Should I be expected to learn how to fix the ******* toilet? Boohoohoo.

subs

i don't really now what i'm talking about here, but:

I've heard a lot of talk about price manipulation; taiwan this or taiwan that. i assume (assumptions being the mother of all **** ups) that a syndicate will aim to move pinny, and then buy back on all the books that move on air/arbs. maybe i'm wrong?

i'm still feeling my way around basses (1st serious season) but take today's A's @ Rangers game.

according to SBR odds, total was 9 @ pinny.

opened ~ 109/-120
    lowest ~ -130/116
    closed ~ 104/-115

most of this movement was in the last hour before post. do u guys think this is definitely manipulation, or maybe i'm missing something, maybe news?

maybe this is contributing to busto bottom feeders, IDK.
    Last edited by subs; 05-16-12 at 08:41 PM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

There was a shakeup in the Rangers lineup. Ian Kinsler was scratched because of a stomach flu.

Michael Young also got the day off.

subs

, i got that 1 wrong, thanks. need to pay way more attention - where's the fastest/nicest lineup news at?

but on the whole, do u guys think we r we seeing more manipulation leading to a lot of u-shaped line graphs and poor bottom feeders.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

http://www.rotoinfo.com/?game=lineup I have seen initial lineups up like 6 hours before game time on occasions and lineup changes are up almost instantly.
    Points Awarded:

subs gave LT Profits 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thremp

Why has Justin not responded to anything about the 15 RR parlay with tiny edges?

I'm interested in how much -EG he manages betting "as much as possible". Why does no one want to show any work?

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    Why has Justin not responded to anything about the 15 RR parlay with tiny edges?

I'm interested in how much -EG he manages betting "as much as possible". Why does no one want to show any work?
    It's almost like he doesn't like you Thremp. Go figure.

Thremp

Why? Because I pointed out how his strategy is terrible and loses huge amounts of money?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Why? Because I pointed out how his strategy is terrible and loses huge amounts of money?
    Discussing theory with you is -EV. You misstate and misunderstand what I wrote. I don't have time to waste explaining your errors.

Thremp

Moreso now?

Thremp

Could you atleast clarify how you would stake your 15 +EV bets wrapped up in parlays (Not a RR) where you bet as much as possible? Like what combinations if not a RR? Do you use AMPL to solve for this? What happens in the lag time between betting and solving if lines move?

I don't really see it. I've asked everyone I know who has actually won money, and none of them see it either. Please advise. What part am I misstating or misunderstanding (I thought you meant a RR before, my b)?

I can't eat without handouts. I'm like Africa.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Thremp has no skills and no friends except that guy who ripped him off for $3.50. I doubt he ever made any money at all. My guess is he's in some third world shithole living off the piddling handout he got from his old man, playing the know-it-all tough guy online to delude himself about the true state of his sad, miserable existence.
    lol, at first I thought you were talking about durito

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    lol, at first I thought you were talking about durito
    who are you?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could you atleast clarify how you would stake your 15 +EV bets wrapped up in parlays (Not a RR) where you bet as much as possible? Like what combinations if not a RR? Do you use AMPL to solve for this? What happens in the lag time between betting and solving if lines move?

I don't really see it. I've asked everyone I know who has actually won money, and none of them see it either. Please advise. What part am I misstating or misunderstanding (I thought you meant a RR before, my b)?

I can't eat without handouts. I'm like Africa.
    Justin finds so many +EV bets at rec books and his bankroll is so ginormous that he is able to crush 15 team round robins for the max on parlays that do not pay true odds and does not even have to worry about staking.

What did you think just because he works for SBR extorting rec books for 30k a year that he is not a multi millionaire?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thremp

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Justin finds so many +EV bets at rec books and his bankroll is so ginormous that he is able to crush 15 team round robins for the max on parlays that do not pay true odds and does not even have to worry about staking.

What did you think just because he works for SBR extorting rec books for 30k a year that he is not a multi millionaire?

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    who are you?
    Durito, when you act like an ass 24/7 in this forum, the list of people who don't like you gets longer and longer.

Instead of trying to figure out all the people who can't stand you, focus on the select few who can.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Durito, when you act like an ass 24/7 in this forum, the list of people who don't like you gets longer and longer.

Instead of trying to figure out all the people who can't stand you, focus on the select few who can.
    Irony.

Great advice.

You should take it.
    Points Awarded:

subs gave MonkeyF0cker 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post

'

Wrong forum.
    Points Awarded:

subs gave durito 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought this forum part is for more serious stuff, not PT niveau spamming..
    guess i was wrong, man SBR is falling apart not just Thremp.

Thremp

Why won't anyone take this seriously and explain this to me? I'm trying to learn something so maybe next time I don't lose all my money. Especially since this is some of my parent's retirement money and I don't want them to be p00r like me now.

subs

Andy Pls leave the adults alone, k?

Thremp, this thread isn't about optimal growth, it is about lasting a little longer at rec books. if u're just looking 4 a fight (that just isn't coming anyway) maybe u can have 1 with andy?

thremp -50000
    Andy no side
    Last edited by subs; 05-19-12 at 04:43 AM.

Thremp

You appear to be confused on what you're asking. If your goal is to maximize lasting at rec books, then lose. I assume your goal is to max EG, via giving up some expectation with cover play. If it isn't, then you should move this thread to PT.

But thanks for trying to speak with the adults.

subs

LOL u're right, i could have written that more accurately... u're line just dropped

thremp -55000
    andy no side
    subs

did u ever try any cover play?
    Last edited by subs; 05-19-12 at 06:24 AM. Reason: ask bout cover play

First 1234 Last