Pair of 5s Sir
    Pair of 5s Sir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4231

StatFox

How terrible is it, since Statfox left SBR. What's up about that? Please bring back Statfox/SBR format.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Since I'm new here, what did Statfox get us here that we can't get by going to Statfox?

Pair of 5s Sir

The format is different and the convenience of integration with SBR

Wrecktangle

...humm, somethings quirky with the machine today, I know I posted to this thread earlier. Anyway, what I said was:

So, nothing new (i.e. free) that we can't get by going to Statfox, right?

dave134
    dave134's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am new here. What did Statfox offer here?

Pair of 5s Sir

Quote Originally Posted by dave134 View Post
    I am new here. What did Statfox offer here?
    Statfox was the statistical provider for SBR. Now, you have to go to statfox.com to get the information. Also, the format on the website is different than the format offered previously on SBR.

Wrecktangle

...maybe Ganchrow the Grinch didn't pay 'em enough, I see almost everyone else uses their feed...

...or maybe Ganch said something about standard deviations and the Statfox boyz thought he was talking about their Mommas...

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

it sucks terribly, mainly because all the historical statfox data that SBR had is now gone forever it seems. i can't find it anywhere else.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    ...maybe Ganchrow the Grinch didn't pay 'em enough, I see almost everyone else uses their feed...

...or maybe Ganch said something about standard deviations and the Statfox boyz thought he was talking about their Mommas...
    Ganchrow The Grinch was certainly the point man behind this change, I'd be interested to see him enter this thread and explain the decision making process behind this change.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Why would they pay for someone else's service when they can do it themselves?

Wrecktangle

Well, in spite of my lukewarm jokes about Ganch the Grinch, I still don't see why one can't just head over to Statfox and get stuff. Matter of fact, IMO Ganch's math comments make this site one of my favorite. So I gotta believe Ganch "did the math" on Statfox and found them wanting in some way, otherwise they'd still be here.
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 04-13-09 at 10:12 PM.

andy06
    andy06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You can find the Statfox feed all over the internet, which is great. There is a lot of good info there. The problem with it no longer being offered by SBR is: this is the only place I could find the historical statfox data. You can go to statfox.com and get the stats for today's games, but that is it.

I was using the info on this site to backtest a couple of things and now that is done because the historical data is gone. Anyone know where else you can find that?

Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 429

I just posted a thread about Statfox being offline today. Something is up. Oh yes it is.

Interesting that SBR has...well had banner ads at Statfox for the last couple of weeks.