spell
    spell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2643

Books that set their own lines

So, I was comparing the overnight lines in NBA, MLB, and NHL between Pinny and BetIslands.

I found that the vigs for the Run Line, Puck Line, Spread, and Money Line faves were all exactly the same between the two sites. (The vigs for the dogs were obviously worse than Pinny, since Islands spreads lines with more vig than Pinny does.) The vigs on the totals differed some, but the vigs for the lines mentioned above were identical to the cent.

My question is this: How many books actually make their own lines, and how many copy (to whatever degree) another book (Cris, Pinny, whatever)?

Furthermore, and this may not be the proper forum for this question, if Islands is copying Pinny's lines (and it remains to be seen if Islands is just copying openers or is just cloning Pinny all the time), is that one of the reasons they moved to their own facility? I know they were with Jazz before, so it would make sense that now they're "setting their own lines" by just copying Pinny.

JohnRingo
    JohnRingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

LVSC and
    CRIS set the lines as far as Im concerned. Everyone else just follows suit. Lines are set by public perception.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If you like EXPLOITABLE homemade lines, check out Heritage advance NBA lines the days before the games, usually up by 1:00 ET.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

I've seen Betonline and a couple of others have lines up before BM and Greek. These lines are often inaccurate. They seem to change to conform with the rest of the board when they open lines. I don't know if this is due to them changing it manually, or if they get bet down quickly. Probably the former.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    I've seen Betonline and a couple of others have lines up before BM and Greek. These lines are often inaccurate. They seem to change to conform with the rest of the board when they open lines. I don't know if this is due to them changing it manually, or if they get bet down quickly. Probably the former.
    they put up vegas numbers I think as opposed to making them up