Lets_Get_Money
    Lets_Get_Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

2nd Half Betting Scenario

Does Anyone have the numbers where the favorite is losing at half time and they cover the Halftime line? It's seems like it's very sucessful and Hits around 65% of the time but I'd rather have the numbers to be exact.

For Example

Lakers Down 14 vs Chicago @ Half, 2nd Half Laker line -6.5. Lakers Cover and Win the game.

I think the Samething happened with these games within the past week, all the teams covered in the 2nd half

Orlando vs New York
    Chicago vs Washington
    Villanova and American

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If the Lakers are a favorite and down 14, they will be favored by more than 6.5 (or should be, absent an injury).

Lets_Get_Money

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    If the Lakers are a favorite and down 14, they will be favored by more than 6.5 (or should be, absent an injury).
    they weren't won the game by 9, maybe because they were on the road

14. [Won] $90.91 (Play) [Won: $90.91] Straight bet. Risking $100.00, to win $90.91. Ticket Id:358152
    • [Win] LA Lakers -6½ -110 on LA Lakers - Chicago [Sat, Mar 21 9:57PM] [NBA 2nd Half]

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    Can you clarify a bit here?

Are you saying they would be favored by more than 6.5 regardless of how big of a favorite (for the game) they are?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wherever you can find motivation in the NBA, and a team that can translate it into success, the pastures are green.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho sanza View Post
    Can you clarify a bit here?

Are you saying they would be favored by more than 6.5 regardless of how big of a favorite (for the game) they are?
    Nevermind. I overgeneralized - thanks for pointing out the flaw.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Get_Money View Post
    Does Anyone have the numbers where the favorite is losing at half time and they cover the Halftime line? It's seems like it's very sucessful and Hits around 65% of the time but I'd rather have the numbers to be exact.

For Example

Lakers Down 14 vs Chicago @ Half, 2nd Half Laker line -6.5. Lakers Cover and Win the game.

I think the Samething happened with these games within the past week, all the teams covered in the 2nd half

Orlando vs New York
    Chicago vs Washington
    Villanova and American

No offense, but if that system hits at 65% Ill eat my hat. In fact, I'll go so far as to guarantee you won't hit more than 52% blindly taking favourites who are down at the half. I suggest digging deeper.

Lets_Get_Money

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    No offense, but if that system hits at 65% Ill eat my hat. In fact, I'll go so far as to guarantee you won't hit more than 52% blindly taking favourites who are down at the half. I suggest digging deeper.
    Maybe not blindly taking the favorites but lets just say the team that is losing is head and shoulders above the team that it's playing against. I don't know how you can filter that it's really just a gut feeling. Top 4 in either Conference vs a non top 8 team I don't know what would be appropriate or not in filters but I'll try my best

For the record SA fit the Criteria and Didn't cover in the 2nd Half. I'll Track it for the rest of the Season right here on this Thread.

YTD: 0-1

3/24/09: SA (-6) 2nd Half Loss

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

IMO, these spots are big time losing propositions. I generally wait for the market to pound the pregame favorite and then play the dog at the peak and have been very successful with these 2H wagers..

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lets_Get_Money View Post
    Maybe not blindly taking the favorites but lets just say the team that is losing is head and shoulders above the team that it's playing against. I don't know how you can filter that it's really just a gut feeling. Top 4 in either Conference vs a non top 8 team I don't know what would be appropriate or not in filters but I'll try my best

For the record SA fit the Criteria and Didn't cover in the 2nd Half. I'll Track it for the rest of the Season right here on this Thread.

YTD: 0-1

3/24/09: SA (-6) 2nd Half Loss
    Give me your parameters and I'll track it for the last ten years for free, save you some time (and maybe money).

Just a few questions so the data base can quantify.

What range of favorites do you want?
    Home favorites only?
    Road favorites only?
    How much down at the half?
    How many points are you willing to give within the point ranges specified above?

That sort of stuff......

Lets_Get_Money

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    Give me your parameters and I'll track it for the last ten years for free, save you some time (and maybe money).

Just a few questions so the data base can quantify.

What range of favorites do you want? (Greater than 7 points)
    Home favorites only? (Doesn't matter) If you could try to see if the reults vary
    Road favorites only? (Doesn't matter) " " " " "
    How much down at the half? (Down by 3 or greater)
    How many points are you willing to give within the point ranges specified above? (lines of 7 or greater @ Halftime)

That sort of stuff......
    thanks

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK.

I don't know what lines the books had up for the second half, I don't know where (if any place) this information is recorded.

But, in the NBA...

1) I have 3535 home favorites or -7 or more.
    2) 660 of these were down my 3 or more at the half.
    3) 378 of these won the second half by seven or more.

Lets_Get_Money

Thats a good enough a sample for me, thats hitting at 57% clip.

Philly/Minn fit that criteria yesterday, 76ers covered.

Thanks for the Help

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

The average line in such games will be more than -6.5, and rarely will it be less than -6.

JoePrez
    JoePrez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giving points to a team that is kicking your but just dont seem like a winning philosophy. Those look like set up plays, the I knew they would come back theyre better philosopy will get you in trouble in the long run. I bet the winning percentage is less than 50%.