Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Anyone know how to arb soccer moneylines?

I cant figure out the numbers if i ever see an arb opportunity for soccer moneylines? please tell me what to look for, i probably went passed so many.
    Also anyone know how to read decimal odds i cant figure that out either? Im used to american odds and would like to learn these things as im gonna probably need to know this in the future.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

The decimal odds are the money you get back after risking $1. Your wager and your winnings.

So 1.50 is risk $1 to WIN $0.50, so you get $1.50 back at the window if you win. It's the same as -200

2.00 is risk $1 to win $1, so you get $2 back if you win. It's the same as +100

3.00 is risk $1 to win $2, so you get $3 back if you win. It's the same as +200.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

go to oddsportal.com

under the section 'sure bets' it list currently available arbing opportunities for soccer

there you can find a arbitrage calculator for soccer, you input the prices for 1x2 and the amount you wish to wager, and it tells you how much to bet on each result

the calculator opens up with the odds of the game you clicked on, but you can substitute those values with those from other games and it will let you know if there is an arb opportunity

http://www.oddsportal.com/sure-bets/

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Was actually coming in to this thread to post the same thing that SportsMushroom has said above. Very easy to use.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Also look for opportunities to arb between an ml and a double chance.

Blax0r
    Blax0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

The easiest way to spot a soccer arb (for me) is to make 3 hypothetical bets that would result in the same total after the bet resolves:

H - +200
    D - +300
    A - +400

1. Bet $20 @ +200 to win $40 = $60 total after win
    2. Bet $15 @ +300 to win $45 = $60 total after win
    3. Bet $12 @ +400 to win $48 = $60 total after win

Make sure the right side of the = sign is the same for each bet.

Now, just sum up your bet totals (20 + 15 + 12 = 47) and compare it to the $60 to determine whether you'll win if you bet every possible event. In this case, 60 > 47; there is an arb! So execute the bets, and you'll win $13 risklessly in this example.

Another way is to set up and solve a system of equations composed of b, the number of possible bets, equations; this can get really ugly if you attempt to find an arb for futures bets where there are 10+ possible outcomes. However, a typical ti-83, or excel, should be able to solve it instantly for most practical situations.

Legions36

Thanks alot.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Also look for opportunities to arb between an ml and a double chance.
    Sorry but whats double chance? and how does that work together?

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Sorry but whats double chance? and how does that work together?
    http://info.bet365-today.com/sports/...ce-betting.php

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is soccer really the only sport available for arbs? I don't suppose US books really allow any arb opps?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    Is soccer really the only sport available for arbs? I don't suppose US books really allow any arb opps?

of coarse not, you can arb in every sport, a lot of people actually arb for a living, no books allow arbing, I guess you could try to fool them, I think they look at betting patterns to try and figure out who's arbing

jolmscheid

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

of coarse not, you can arb in every sport, a lot of people actually arb for a living, no books allow arbing, I guess you could try to fool them, I think they look at betting patterns to try and figure out who's arbing
    Thanks Mushroom...I assume though that one can really only arb in the smaller handicapped sports?

SportsMushroom

Thanks Mushroom...I assume though that one can really only arb in the smaller handicapped sports?

it makes more sense that arbing opportunities arise more often in smaller markets were the price differences between books are greater

but that does not seem like the case

again as I said above, go here http://www.oddsportal.com/sure-bets/

it provides arbitrage opportunities available at the moment, and right now I can see arbitrage opportunities for nba, nhl, and major european soccer leagues

so I guess its possible in most sports

you dont need that website, you can just look around for arbing opportunities yourself but it is very time consuming and exhausting
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 02-12-12 at 06:33 PM.

jolmscheid

Thanks mushroom...is that site the only site that offers arbs? It would be nice of it had US books..

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

u can make about 3 fiddy that way

SportsMushroom

Thanks mushroom...is that site the only site that offers arbs? It would be nice of it had US books..
    check out betbrain.com as well

truth is I am not aware of many sites because I dont actually engage in arbitrage, you can make money from it but it takes work and I just dont have it in me, I am pretty sure you can probably find more websites that give out arbitrage opportunities if you look around

what other people do is look at lines services like sbrodds that have all the prices listed on the same page, and they spot arbitrage opportunities and bet them, in players talk I saw john say that don best is the best for arbitrage, but unlike sbrodds its a paid service