Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

NBA Teaser Math

Measuring teaser results, I would go 21 and 15, or 59% of picks in 2 team teasers at +105, ties win. Is it in my interest to bet teasers at this result? or should I consider 3 teamers?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

You should break down your results to date. How many of the 72 plays within the 2-teamers would you have won if you had just played them ATS?

As a value proposition teasers in the NBA are generally awful.

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

how many points you getting?

your results are meaningless it's just a math problem so provide all the details.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

4 points, ties win, only doing totals. Straight up results would be 18 and 28. Its from the same system I have posted before. These are the results that arise from the total being from 3 to 4 points off.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

IMO the points u r buying r worth < 4.4% each, which would be around ur breakeven.... or 20% in total.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

teasing NBA 4pt totals is super +EV. Bet 7% of your bankroll on each, and become rich. But delete this post and stop giving out rice bowls to the whole forum.

subs

^^^ lol....be nice

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    teasing NBA 4pt totals is super +EV. Bet 7% of your bankroll on each, and become rich. But delete this post and stop giving out rice bowls to the whole forum.
    Rice Bowl as in " a protected project"?

AlwaysDrawing

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Rice Bowl as in " a protected project"?
    When you give out those systems that sharps know about, then you make it harder for us to make money, and yourself.

Ask yourself, how often do you see the kind of edge you're seeing? Hardly ever. Just keep it a secret or the books will adjust.

I bet Pinnacle is reading this forum, and changing their teaser rules as we speak.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

When you give out those systems that sharps know about, then you make it harder for us to make money, and yourself. Ask yourself, how often do you see the kind of edge you're seeing? Hardly ever. Just keep it a secret or the books will adjust. I bet Pinnacle is reading this forum, and changing their teaser rules as we speak.
    Point taken. Thanks.
    Last edited by Waterstpub87; 02-08-12 at 12:05 PM.

subs

I bet Pinnacle is reading this forum, and changing their teaser rules as we speak.
    LOLfest

Last edited by subs; 02-08-12 at 03:52 PM.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

?????? Are you looking at any recent data on nba totals ? Anybody who thinks their rice bowl is being messed with by some poster in the think tank should be encouraging everyone to tease totals in the NBA in here. Maybe this is all in jest but it doesnt seem like it.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    ?????? Are you looking at any recent data on nba totals ? Anybody who thinks their rice bowl is being messed with by some poster in the think tank should be encouraging everyone to tease totals in the NBA in here. Maybe this is all in jest but it doesnt seem like it.
    AD was being 100% sarcastic. NBA 4-Point Teaser Math = Don't Do It 95% of the time (99% on totals)

TomG
    TomG's Avatar Become A Pro!

even under optimal teasing strategy (picking up all 4.5 points, only teasing spreads on the best games) this is going to be solidly -ev. congrats on your past success though.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

I know it is foolish to even consider it. But over the past three days, I've only been able to bet on 2 games straight. So it might be impatience on my part, but I'm always looking for additional ROI opportunities.

AlwaysDrawing

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    AD was being 100% sarcastic. NBA 4-Point Teaser Math = Don't Do It 95% of the time (99% on totals)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    even under optimal teasing strategy (picking up all 4.5 points, only teasing spreads on the best games) this is going to be solidly -ev. congrats on your past success though.
    Two very sharp posters said it was -EV, and I was supremely sarcastic in saying it was +EV.

In CBB there might be a couple times where you can tease low single digit spreads and have a positive expectation, but in the NBA, it happens approximately never. Totals are even worse than spreads.

Azzurri
    Azzurri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

i bet there hoping like crazy they get more and more nba teasers.