Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Buying points NBA/NCAA HALFTIME

If you could buy points on totals/spreads on one of these markets ..how would you calculate how much its worth?

Much appreciated

Azzurri
    Azzurri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

quick answer would be at least double what is charged for point buying for a whole game...that would be 20 cents for first half half point but with only a small or 1 or 1.5 point Max buy
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave Azzurri 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    quick answer would be at least double what is charged for point buying for a whole game...that would be 20 cents for first half half point but with only a small or 1 or 1.5 point Max buy
    Thanks win13..that was my first gift of points! cool

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

pinny drop downs, or from data.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

This would be terrible advice.
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave sharpcat 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

There is no simple answer largely because values on sides are skewed around half points that would produce a full game tie.

If you account for the above then the premium, relative to full game values, on totals will be considerably higher than on sides simply due to a lower expectation of deviation.
    Points Awarded:

Winner_13 gave FourLengthsClear 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

subs gave FourLengthsClear 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

not even close

Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho sanza View Post
    not even close
    why then you guys who said i am why have have not even given anything? I mean how much are you gonna charge?..i think i hit it on the head actually..and anyone who would buy points at half time for prices like that would be insane and out of there bankroll but fast..and like i said thinking about it very quickly i gave that answer and still think its pretty much the best way to go about such a thing. All id did was double what most books charge for point buying in a whole game really and just figured that would be the way to go...im sure there is a very good reason why nobody(that i know of or heard of) offers halftime point buying anyways.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

Azzuri,

u can buy/sell half time points... but points r not all worth the same amount so the Q "how much is a point worth" is not a good Q.

DUC?

how to calculate them is in this thread but in much more detail in this forum, just search a bit more.

GL
    Last edited by subs; 02-19-12 at 10:07 PM.