jameellionaire
    jameellionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fading the public on SFTC?

I don't have time to build models and I failed 11th grade math 3 times, so I try to keep it simple. Has anyone considered using the posted games on ESPN's Streak For The Cash as a tool for handicapping?

One would think the "Streakmaster", as they call him, has incentive to post plays that will bury the public because the first to hit a predetermined streak (27 wins this month) gets paid.

I have no clue how this would fit into a larger model but I try picking my spots to fade the public, generally on TV games, and it seems to work pretty well. I have Dayton +3 and Arksansas -1.5 so far today.

Thoughts?

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I always look at what matches they have on there and like if they have a straight up match on there and the books have one of the teams -5 or so, I stay away ... I figure ESPN feels like it could be a trap ... I dont pay attention to the percent of players picking what game though

bee gee
    bee gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1316

I always fade the public on the big games with http://www.twominutewarning.com/bettracker.htm. Especially on late moves toward the favorite.