Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Help with Middles??

Say u wanna arb middle some lines for say basketball what would be some +ev numbers or how can u get them. The thing is when i find them they would count towards rollover, so this needs to be taken into consideration. I mean sometimes i see a half point difference but i dont know if im missing out on +ev for these, i also find some at 2 point differences and also how do i bet accordingly to compensate for the extra point difference. These are basketball situations and would be counting towards my rollover which i believe has to work to my advantage. Any help would be great.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

As a simple guide you need a minimum 1.5 points for the middle to have +EV on NBA/NCAAB sides at -110.

As always however, that does not mean that taking the middle when the line moves in your favour is usually not the smart thing to do. The 'rollover' issue doesn't change that.

If you have a situation where the line has moved a full two points from +7.5 to +5.5 and we assume that +5.5 is the fair line. Then your initial bet (at +7.5) has a nominal +EV of around 10%, the second bet (on the other side at -5.5) would have -EV.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    As a simple guide you need a minimum 1.5 points for the middle to have +EV on NBA/NCAAB sides at -110.

As always however, that does not mean that taking the middle when the line moves in your favour is usually not the smart thing to do. The 'rollover' issue doesn't change that.

If you have a situation where the line has moved a full two points from +7.5 to +5.5 and we assume that +5.5 is the fair line. Then your initial bet (at +7.5) has a nominal +EV of around 10%, the second bet (on the other side at -5.5) would have -EV.
    Thanks alot.