allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

History of in-play odds at half time

I know there are sites where you can see the pre-match odds on any game at many bookmakers, but is there some database that stores in-play odds?

allin1
    Update your status

For example I was watching the in-play odds for a match and I wrote down the odds at key moments

Name:  odds.JPG
Views: 1199
Size:  19.7 KB

This is a little bit too much, but at least the odds at half time, those would be great to see archived somewhere.
    Last edited by allin1; 11-13-11 at 06:02 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: againsttheodds

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi allin1,

I'm not really sure the answer to this question, but I've copied the thread to the Think Tank forum, where someone might have the answer.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

You definitely need to program a scraper to capture the live line changes. It is extremely hard to bet live on matches because you not only need to have live lines to backtest, but you also need a model that is capable of computing the correct line at any given moment.

I could be mistaken, and there could be a website somewhere with some information, but it would be news to me.

canepole
    Update your status
    canepole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8117

good info

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

I have (not polished) software, that does it. But I am not ready to share it Although it is hard for me to imagine why one would need such info. Live odds change due to situation in a game, so you need to store also that info..

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sharlataans View Post
    I have (not polished) software, that does it. But I am not ready to share it Although it is hard for me to imagine why one would need such info. Live odds change due to situation in a game, so you need to store also that info..
    I was testing live on paper some trading strategies using exchange betting (betfair). I wanted to take a big sample of matches and study how the odds at half time were, compared to pre-match ones, but also regarding half time score (and if there was a red card in rare cases).

The model picks only certain situations (matches) and locks the positions for a profit or a loss at half time. With a big sample of examples 1000 or more, I wanted to estimate how often and how much will the model profit or lose. This can also be done live, manually but it takes some time

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Hi allin1,

I'm not really sure the answer to this question, but I've copied the thread to the Think Tank forum, where someone might have the answer.
    Thanks Lou! it worked

allin1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by stefani88 View Post
    i don't understand the question.

Right now it is not that important any more because I prefer to follow them live because I chose the matches I analyze considering other markets as well, not just 1x2.
    Last edited by shari91; 12-28-11 at 04:27 AM. Reason: removed spam link from quote

Foxhound
    Foxhound's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    Thanks Lou! it worked
    Here i can find that?? Thk

jbreezy
    jbreezy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I need more post to send a PM?

jbreezy
    jbreezy's Avatar Become A Pro!