hajune
    hajune's Avatar Become A Pro!

Advanced basketball handicapping

One must dig and dig into substantiate handicapping material then have a money management plan to support the evidence that allows the handicapper to have an edge.
    At this time of year ther are opportunities that come up allowing the enlightened handicapper a serious edge. It is then up to the teams to cooperate. They sometimes do not understand they are supposed to win or lose according to the evidence, so one must be cautious.
    Here is a good handicapping tool. It works , but requires some effort. Many of you out there do not want to make an effort . Do not expect to win without it. We are looking for teams that are favorite by spreads they are UNFAMILIAR with while playing teams who have succeeded at spreads close to today's spread. Teams that are favorite by unfamiliar spread margins are required to play at a heightened tempo. They are more likely to fail then succeed. Thursday Jan 22 there were 2 games that one could have taken advantage of concerning the spread margins. One such game was St Peters was playing Loyola Marymount. The spread was -9 Loy Mary. That was a spread that they were unfamilar with, having been at minus 7 just once all year while losing that game. On the other hand St Peter's , who without fanfare has become a spread winning magnet has covered al 3 times at similar spreads. This is a game with "value" and I thought was probably off by about 5 points as I handicapped it . St Peter's won.
    In another game Tenn Martin was favored by a whooping 20 1/2 against S E Missouri. Tenn Martin has never ever been CLOSE to being favored by that much. S E Missouri on the other hand has been an average team against the spread and has done ok at this spread margin. The spread in my opinion was off by 3 -7. It is a typical game in this situation that the favorite is overvalued. Of course S E Missouri won ,as is always the case in handicapping examples. You will be able to find this pattern at this time of year. Take advantage of it and make sure the teams cooperate and understand what they are supposed to do.
    Cheers

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

I follow TPowell alot for his insight, Have seen a few of your posts with your experienced insight, I have been sports fanatic for years, just starting wagering in 11/08 (viewing it as a part time Job) and have done fairly well so far but have had a rough last week in CBB. This stuff is alot harder than I even imagined?

Big Spiders fan so being fav. by +10.5 over St. Bonny fit this theory last weekend? Followed them for years and you're right how unpredictable they are? They always seem overvalued but then they cover? Was going to experiment and try picking UR games either way, but glad I didn't!

Didn't want St. Louis to get killed by Temple, now UR might be getting less Sunday. Maybe +3? Not much but from watching this team I think they will go in there and win. IMO completely different team that is athletic and can shoot the ball from team not that far removed. If they play DEFENSE? Wish Geriot was there, wondering your thoughts?
    Thanks!

MrMonkey

hajune

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
    I follow TPowell alot for his insight, Have seen a few of your posts with your experienced insight, I have been sports fanatic for years, just starting wagering in 11/08 (viewing it as a part time Job) and have done fairly well so far but have had a rough last week in CBB. This stuff is alot harder than I even imagined?

Big Spiders fan so being fav. by +10.5 over St. Bonny fit this theory last weekend? Followed them for years and you're right how unpredictable they are? They always seem overvalued but then they cover? Was going to experiment and try picking UR games either way, but glad I didn't!

Didn't want St. Louis to get killed by Temple, now UR might be getting less Sunday. Maybe +3? Not much but from watching this team I think they will go in there and win. IMO completely different team that is athletic and can shoot the ball from team not that far removed. If they play DEFENSE? Wish Geriot was there, wondering your thoughts?
    Thanks!

MrMonkey
    This has been an uneventful 2 weeks of college handicapping for me. My plays were all part of a long term winning formula but a number of teams seemed to have changed chararter suddenly and without warning. Sometimes when you play texas holdem the lower % cards seem to pop up on the river an abnormal amount of time then straightens it self out. Yesterday I had a decent day and hope college basketball gets HOT for me. If you followed my football plays I am perfect (8-0). I am doing good in the NBA and beat up on the bowl games. Now if I can get college games to behave themselves I will back to normal.
    I will be posting some good stuff in the following 3 weeks. To win you miust use valid information that the line makers DO NOT use. It is best to play dogs overall , since they usually add a point onto favorites in many games.
    Cheers

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

To win you miust use valid information that the line makers DO NOT use.
    Well, that part of what you write I do agree with.

GL with you plays.

hajune

There was one good game Saturday using this technique. Montana State was a 14 point dog playing S Miss. S Miss has never been close to being a 14 point favorite. Montana St is 1-1. Mont St covered as to be expected