ABanks
    ABanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Best way to "gamble" to grow a limited bankroll?

Hey everyone, I was wondering what the best way is to try and grow a limited bankroll. In a perfect world I would have at least a 25,000 dollar bankroll and would wager 2% of it on each bet I made, hoping to be able to produce a 3% roi. However, right now my bankroll is only 1,000 dollars. At this point I would rather take some risks and try to build a bankroll rather than wager 20 dollars per game. I understand that the likely outcome is that I lose the entire 1,000 dollars but what do you think would give me the best shot? Should I try to hit a parlay with a high payout or maybe bet 500 dollars per game and hope to go on a streak and then start parlaying favs on the ml? Basically, what would be the best strategy to turn 1,000 into 25,000? I'd rather take a risk and lose my entire bankroll than bet 20 dollars a game for a year hoping to make 600 dollars. All suggestions are welcome, I am sure there are a lot of options I haven't thought of. I am far from an expert or pro and any help I could get from the Think Tank would be much appreciated.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Grow some balls and bet with them. I'd probably pick like 2-3 solid picks and put $100 on them if your really concerned with bankroll management. I'm just here for recreation purposes though and have way less than you so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. Good luck dude

jer_33
    jer_33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

If you can make some modest gains on your initial investment, you can make you high-risk/low prob plays on your winnings instead of risking your bankroll.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Whats wrong w/ using $50/unit? You can easily flip $50/unit into $500 profit in a month, and then up your units more and more.

Parlays are never the answer.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by ABanks View Post
    Hey everyone, I was wondering what the best way is to try and grow a limited bankroll. In a perfect world I would have at least a 25,000 dollar bankroll and would wager 2% of it on each bet I made, hoping to be able to produce a 3% roi. However, right now my bankroll is only 1,000 dollars. At this point I would rather take some risks and try to build a bankroll rather than wager 20 dollars per game. I understand that the likely outcome is that I lose the entire 1,000 dollars but what do you think would give me the best shot? Should I try to hit a parlay with a high payout or maybe bet 500 dollars per game and hope to go on a streak and then start parlaying favs on the ml? Basically, what would be the best strategy to turn 1,000 into 25,000? I'd rather take a risk and lose my entire bankroll than bet 20 dollars a game for a year hoping to make 600 dollars. All suggestions are welcome, I am sure there are a lot of options I haven't thought of. I am far from an expert or pro and any help I could get from the Think Tank would be much appreciated.
    What's the best strategy to turn 1k into 25k?

It's a general advice to stick with %2-3 per game..but you can be more agressive (like %5) since your bankroll is 1k. It's an affordable amount even if you lose it. I suggest to be more conservative (like %2 or %2.5) when your bankroll reaches 5-digits.

So at this point, you can bet %5 each game. Be patient. Even %20-25 bankroll increase / month is good. You will have wild months where you increased your bankroll by % 40-50 and you will have bad months where your bankroll is decreased %10-20.

If you can increase your bankroll %20 every month, your bankroll will be x8.9 after one year and x26.6 after 18 months.

Stay away from parlays, round robins etc..

Stick with flat, straight, single betting!

cliffcoast
    cliffcoast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by jer_33 View Post
    If you can make some modest gains on your initial investment, you can make you high-risk/low prob plays on your winnings instead of risking your bankroll.
    this sounds smart

pokergal58
    pokergal58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bankroll

I actually started out with $500. The tendancy is to make higher bets so you build your bankroll faster but I stayed discipline. I bet $50 a game to start and stayed pretty much even for the first 4 months of this year. Most of my plays were MLB, NBA, and NHL hockey. (the typical sports)
    I began to really study international soccer and play mostly over/under 2.5 games that show some value. I have done really well and have increased my bankroll to $4,479.71. I think it's better than almost any pro out there!

ABanks
    ABanks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Thanks for the responses everyone, it looks like my best option is to flat bet 5% of my bankroll instead of 2% With a 3% edge would I be relatively safe betting 5% of my bankroll per wager or is there a good chance I could go bust?

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by ABanks View Post
    Thanks for the responses everyone, it looks like my best option is to flat bet 5% of my bankroll instead of 2% With a 3% edge would I be relatively safe betting 5% of my bankroll per wager or is there a good chance I could go bust?
    5%flat too much risk , try something like 1% or 2% maximum

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I seem to do well on betting futures. You could do the same.

I had Drew Brees to have the most passing yards at 5 to 1 odds and Green Bay Packers at 4 to 1 odds before the season started.

You could place $100 or more on the Green Bay Packers to win the super bowl at 4 to 1 odds or 3 to 1 odds and when if they make it, you could hedge your bet on their super bowl opponent.
    Or you could bet on one AFC team and one NFC team that you believe will win the super bowl.

On Intertops, you can bet on the winner of the November Nine to win this poker tournament. You could put half your bankroll on this by betting 3 to 4 players.

I have placed a bet evenly on Eoghan ODea 5.5 to 1, Ben Lamb 5.5 to 1 and Phil Collins 6.5 to 1 to win this poker tournament. I believe one of these 3 are the winners from what I seen on TV and their poker history that's on the internet.

VegasGambler
    VegasGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Futures can be fun and you may be able to get a decent value from an underdog, but I don't like having any significant portion of my bankroll locked up all year. And everyone who said stay away from parlays is right, they're sucker bets. Stay with single, straight up bets and grind it out. It's all about finding value. Scalping lines and predicting movement. If you can get a half a point here and a half a point there, you will increase your margin.

Who does everyone like in the LSU/BAMA game?