byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1108

Quote Originally Posted by RickySteve View Post
    A player's risk management has zero relevance to the book.
    I was always under the impression coinflipping vs a very large bankroll was -ev not 0ev, since variance eventually wipes out the smaller of the two. Would this not magnify for -ev betting?

McFly86
    McFly86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    I was always under the impression coinflipping vs a very large bankroll was -ev not 0ev, since variance eventually wipes out the smaller of the two. Would this not magnify for -ev betting?
    No. This is wrong for the same reason that there is no validity to Martingaling.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6675

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    It's 0EV, -EG. EG is not zero sum, EV is.

maheldman
    maheldman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

yes, but rarely are totals a "true" 50/50 play. bookmakers come fairly close in the long run, but for each game, if you were to check the game's score after ending, that score would be the true total, to which 50% would go over, and 50% would go under. its pretty rare that they get it on the number. That's why proper handicapping is so important. You can find an edge or an improper total and take advantage of that in the long run. TWO WORDS- REGRESSION ANALYSIS. become friends with it.

First 12