eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Anyone ever use Fox sheets?

Has anyone used them to aid their handicapping?

I was wondering if their info was worth it?

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

I've looked at it. Saw nothing but data mined systems and angles. Lots of them. Enough that, after every game, they can say "Look, this one worked. That one, too."

Oh, and lots of vanilla stats. Not that I think there are any chocolate ones in football.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

No

Statfox uses the "data mining" info to get you in the door. They don't update any of it very well. Many times the info based on the same topic contradicts itself. They just want to get you to spend on other products.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    nothing but data mined systems and angles
    This.

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

In life's long struggle with beating the books you have to try everything and see how it lies within your perception of success, very simular to having sex really. Where the proof is in the eating of the pudding according to folklore, the reality is nothing else matters ( as metalica would say) but profitability or more in line with reality, a hobby costing very little loss.
    I've said this on other posts, the step up to earning a living at this nonsense is huge and certainly not good for the rest of your existance. It does make me sad when I read of people in awe of betting prowess, if only you knew the lonely life it leads.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

nm.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 09-13-11 at 06:03 PM.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBNUT View Post
    In life's long struggle with beating the books you have to try everything and see how it lies within your perception of success, very simular to having sex really. Where the proof is in the eating of the pudding according to folklore, the reality is nothing else matters ( as metalica would say) but profitability or more in line with reality, a hobby costing very little loss.
    I've said this on other posts, the step up to earning a living at this nonsense is huge and certainly not good for the rest of your existance. It does make me sad when I read of people in awe of betting prowess, if only you knew the lonely life it leads.

I'll have whatever he's having

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

This is one of the most truthful and insightful statements I have ever read, written by an obviously experienced man who has wondered through the murky world many of us function in. A glamorous world that is only viewed that way by the uninitiated and naive. Machiavelli wrote it best when he said, "Gamblers have no honor. They don't care how they win!
    Last edited by Leo Bello; 09-26-11 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Bello View Post
    This is one of the most truthful and insightful statements I have ever read, written by an obviously experienced man who has wondered through the murky world many of us function in. A glamorous world that is only viewed that way by the uninitiated and naive. Machiavelli wrote it best when he said, "Gamblers have no honor. They don't care how they win!
    Chubnut^2.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Useless data-mined garbage

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by CHUBNUT View Post
    Have you ever seen the movie California Split?

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Useless data-mined garbage
    Are you serious? Man the FS have made me a ton. If these are garbage then i really want to know what is considered good.

Formulawiz
    Formulawiz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have found several errors at times with StatsFox, you need to compare their stats with other sites providing this.
    I use software for college and pro football to create just about any trend or situation and gives me a win/loss breakdown both SU and ATS.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Formulawiz View Post
    I have found several errors at times with StatsFox, you need to compare their stats with other sites providing this.
    I use software for college and pro football to create just about any trend or situation and gives me a win/loss breakdown both SU and ATS.
    Good point by formula. When I found the first error, started wondering, on the second, dropped sub, on the 3rd, built my own db.

Do your own work, make your own errors.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

theres no substitution for foxsheets, best handicapping service available on the net

Dakota
    Dakota's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17242

Quote Originally Posted by ferndog View Post
    Are you serious? Man the FS have made me a ton. If these are garbage then i really want to know what is considered good.
    what would u say is the best way to use them in Football? i have had FS before but was never able to make any consistent money with them. AApreciate ur help>>thanks

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

I have not had much luck with them myself..

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Formulawiz View Post
    Many times, the info provided in two separate parts of the sheets on the same trend or topic completely condradicts each other. The more one uses them, the more errors one will come across.

And said worthless info is many times not adjusted to line changes, player changes, changes in the conditions, etc.

ferndog

had to edit

ferndog

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    what would u say is the best way to use them in Football? i have had FS before but was never able to make any consistent money with them. AApreciate ur help>>thanks
    On the FS read the strategies and on the website look at knowledge and support. Some of the better cappers at the SF forum will post some good trends for certain games from the FS that can help.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

Many times, the info provided in two separate parts of the sheets on the same trend or topic completely condradicts each other. The more one uses them, the more errors one will come across.

And said worthless info is many times not adjusted to line changes, player changes, changes in the conditions, etc.
    This is absolutely the problem I face. I can make a case for either team almost all the time with the stats provided. Data-mined

Thunders77
    Thunders77's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like it for Selections, but as a pretty comprehensive Stat Tool.