mm9182
    mm9182's Avatar Become A Pro!

middling football

Does anybody here strickly middle football games and make profit? especially football halfs? if so what do your stats look like? tips?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I'm not really sure at the correct mathematical processes, but I would imagine you have to start with a decent size bankroll.

I would also assume you have to get the best number and be betting college/nfl right when the lines come out. You have to have the ability to gauge which lines might move and bet them at that early number. More often in college because the lines move more drastically than nfl.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

If you limit yourself to one thing you need to be very very good at it.

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

Quote Originally Posted by mm9182 View Post
    Does anybody here strickly middle football games and make profit? especially football halfs? if so what do your stats look like? tips?
    no one does it and they lose at what they don't do. Thus, they have no tips.

FadePolice
    FadePolice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or they just don't want to share them.

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

the best bet is the first half total of 20 if you can get a 19.5-20 or 20-20.5 for the first half try to hit a side you get 10-1 you will make money since 20 is the best first half number in pro football forget the game lines the lines are to close

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

yea for example .. get the bears now at +7.5 ... and wait for -6.5 on the saints

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

If you can beat the lines by picking an early number, then you have no reason to try for middles.

mm9182
    mm9182's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree with beating the lines picking an earlier number for the game..but what im really talking about is when the second half lines come out..the spreads come out very different and constantly change..if your fast enough you can get maybe a second half bet of jets -2.5 and giants +3...my question is does anybody do this and hope for that push and is it profitable? (granted you get it at -110 or better on both sides)

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

mm9182,

Assume you are a genius at betting halftimes. You can bet a lot of these and hit 55%, or be more selective and hit 60%. After the line settles down, you can take back the wrong side at 49% (or maybe 50% at a different book).

Why would you ever make a -EV play to aim for a middle? Perhaps if you want to bet more on the opener than your bankroll can afford... but for most people that can crush h2 lines, your goal is to bet as much as you can where you have an edge. They have the bankroll to take multiple limit bets on a number until it is gone.

So short answer, no. Most pro players do not aim for middles on h2 lines (but they will take it in the rare game where there is positive equity on both sides).