Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Handicapping the GOP Race? Keep an eye on search trends

Candidate popularity by search

Of course during certain events, positive and negative, there are spikes. This is a good capping tool to detect potential value before the mainstream media channels pick their guy/gal.

We are much more social media than we were in the last election. Internet ad buys are way up and television ads way down overall.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

pretty sure obama was like 100-1 at one point during the decision to pick democratic candidate. forget what thats called.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

He was a big dog. I'd bet if you you pick the date range in this tool you can see his popularity outpace the others in the primary before the odds changed. Decisions will be made with even more internet info and less TV than the last primaries.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

i remember looking at bodog odds at one point and obama was the last guy listed and was at least 100-1. might of even been 125-1

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good Advice Billy

People definitely will be looking for a change

Everyone tired of Obama other than the lazy that do not work

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good Advice Billy

Moron...you never miss a chance to turn a gambling thread into a political thread.

hey JJ, it's almost 6am and there's still some blow left on your coffee table, shut down the laptop and get back to doing what you do best.

LarryF
    LarryF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too early to pick a front runner, there is still lots of time for all to step in it.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Perry should be a shoe in. If Perry does not get the Nod Obama wins reelection with ease.

asjulian
    asjulian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

perry is getting the nomination, going to get killled against Obama. American people will not elect another republican from Texas far a while

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Ron Paul 2012!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: losturmarbles

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    Moron...you never miss a chance to turn a gambling thread into a political thread.

hey JJ, it's almost 6am and there's still some blow left on your coffee table, shut down the laptop and get back to doing what you do best.
    yeah who would think a thread about betting on POLITICS would turn political

like in my thread about taking detroit today, i sure as hell nobody talks about baseball!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think that is very true and people will be reminded of George Bush with another guy that looks just like him. Perry is supported also by the tea party people and if he gets to radical he will not win next year. I say the GOP is very unpopular right now and that is an asset to the Democrats. If Democrats are smart this time around and do it right they should win again. It still depends on the unemployment issue and gasoline prices next year.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4937

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post

Dude....this is a political thread.

Keep it up JJ!

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good Advice Billy

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

search trends are probably similar to those "positive intensity" polls. not a bad trend to keep an eye on.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem with Rick Perry is this. While he got the expected spike in the polls today, he is now the front runner. He will now take the brunt of the attacks by the Obama Administration, as well as other Republicans. If Bachmann wins in Iowa and Romney wins in New Hampshire, Perry is in trouble. Assumig that he wins in South Carolina, he will be seen as a regional candidate, not a national candidate. He has to run against the Tea Party and the Evangelical Conservatives that back Bachmann, and at the same time, the Moderates who back Romney. That may be a very tough needle to thread. Frontrunners do not have a very good record of late. Just ask Hillary or Mike Huckabee. I certainly would not conceed the nomination to Perry just yet. He is going to have a very difficult time winning States outside the South. Now if Perry wins in Iowa, and does well in New Hampshire (a respectable 2nd), he could be home free, but right now, that is just not in the cards. Romney got a huge break this past weekend. Pawlenty, his moderate challenger dropped out, and Perry, who is a driect challenger to Bachmann, jumped in. So now it is two conservatives against one Moderate. Advantage to Romney.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The problem with Rick Perry is this. While he got the expected spike in the polls today, he is now the front runner. He will now take the brunt of the attacks by the Obama Administration, as well as other Republicans. If Bachmann wins in Iowa and Romney wins in New Hampshire, Perry is in trouble. Assumig that he wins in South Carolina, he will be seen as a regional candidate, not a national candidate. He has to run against the Tea Party and the Evangelical Conservatives that back Bachmann, and at the same time, the Moderates who back Romney. That may be a very tough needle to thread. Frontrunners do not have a very good record of late. Just ask Hillary or Mike Huckabee. I certainly would not conceed the nomination to Perry just yet. He is going to have a very difficult time winning States outside the South. Now if Perry wins in Iowa, and does well in New Hampshire (a respectable 2nd), he could be home free, but right now, that is just not in the cards. Romney got a huge break this past weekend. Pawlenty, his moderate challenger dropped out, and Perry, who is a driect challenger to Bachmann, jumped in. So now it is two conservatives against one Moderate. Advantage to Romney.
    I hate it when you post something I agree with ... it's the same feeling that I would imagine that you would get if you kissed a pretty girl only to find out later that she is really your cousin. ... its that ... (I really enjoyed what you did .. but know I shouldn't have) feeling.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Google Insight is partial to Ron Paul

#imjustsayin

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Perry should be a shoe in. If Perry does not get the Nod Obama wins reelection with ease.
    Perry and Obama are the same candidate: Lap dogs for the scum global elite, the international banking fraudsters.
    These criminals already decided Perry would be the GOP nominee at this year's Bilderburg meeting. They picked Obama in 2007 also.
    They control both parties.

The only true outsider is Ron Paul, which is why the corporate media has done their best to ignore his win at Iowa and his rising popularity. His message has gained so much credibility, that other candidate are trying their best to mimic him. (e.g. Rick Perry) Truth is the bankers are scared by Paul since he's now a GOP frontrunner and gaining more supporters everyday. "Not electable" is just code for "Challenges the Powers-That-Be".

losturmarbles

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post

#imjustsayin
    #youdontknowwhatyourefuckingtalkingabout

losturmarbles

And to the OP:

Search trends mean nothing. Easily manipulated or censored.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I like the angle. Will have to read more on this. but at the moment, I already have small positions at the Reps to win in 2012 at +145, +165 and +175...that value is long gone boys.

At some point between now and then, barry will be at -160 again and at some point he will be -110.

Just like sports teams, this election is about buying/selling at the best price, fukk the outcome.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by losturmarbles View Post
    #youdontknowwhatyourefuckingtalkingabout
    ?? Ron Paul is all over that insight page.

I chose the wrong word with "partial" - I just meant it had a lot of Ron Paul hits and thought it was really interesting.

Google Insight is not biased.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

#imjustsayin
    It's the 'trainwreck' phenomenon. Can't stop staring.

losturmarbles

?? Ron Paul is all over that insight page.

I chose the wrong word with "partial" - I just meant it had a lot of Ron Paul hits and thought it was really interesting.

Google Insight is not biased.
    Cheers. I took it you meant they had a bias toward Paul.

Of course Google is biased. Everyone is biased. Are they biased toward reporting the truth? Absolutely not. They regularly and unjustly censor and manipulate their search results. They regularly and unjustly censor and manipulate youtube videos. Why would they act any different with Insight?