trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much is .5 pt worth in 1st half nba?

ganch's tool is a good approximation for buying .5 pt across the whole nba game, anyone have a reasonable estimation for 1st half .5 pt values? I don't have a 1st half DB so looking for some help here..

today for example i want to take atlanta, obv -7 across the whole game is unreasonable due to the inflated value of 7 being a key spread. so i was left w/ 1st half -3.5 -115 or 1st half -4 -105, i decided to take 1st half -4 -105 but would like to see if there is a general estimation rule we can use going forward on 1st halves. Are there any key 1st half spreads like 6 or 7 for full games?

also what is the general approximation for .5pt value on 1st half totals? ..obv they're worth less than the 1st half spread .5 pt.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Unfortunately I lack reasonable historical data on this.

No promises, but I'm hoping that this will change come late January/early February.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would think a half point on 1st halves is more valuable than a half point on a game, so I would think the -3.5 -115 would be the better play.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

a quick footnote, thanks to thremp for pointing this out to me, using the pinny drop down estimation method .5pt on the 1st half spread is worth slightly less than 10c, however the difference is miniscule

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    trixtrix[/B];1213761]a quick footnote, thanks to thremp for pointing this out to me, using the pinny drop down estimation method .5pt on the 1st half spread is worth slightly less than 10c, however the difference is miniscule
    Ahh, back when you guys were friendly

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Between 7.5 and 9 cents..........depending on the line and other circumstances.