HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16985

Value of 1/2 Run in First Five Innings?

For those that bet 1st half baseball, how valuable is a 1/2 run in first 5 inning betting? Assume two subsets:

Low scoring with 4 runs or less scored, what % of games are tied after five innings?

High scoring with 5 runs or more scored, what % of games are tied after five innings?

Thanks in advance, HH

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I would guess that the moneyline will affect this. The closer to Pick'em the game is, the more valuable that half-run will be.

Have you read "The book" by Tango? He gives charts on scoring odds per inning. You could generate a 4.5 or 5 inning spreadsheet based on ML/Total, and figure this out for any scenario in about 2 hours.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

You could also just use drop downs at 5Dimes if you really wanna be lazy. Not sure how precise of a number were looking for here.

BigFish
    BigFish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
    You could also just use drop downs at 5Dimes if you really wanna be lazy. Not sure how precise of a number were looking for here.
    Definitely the lazy man's method for guestimating the value of this and many other adjusted spreads; and I'm guilty of using it whenever possible.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

If you collect enough dropdown info I think you're going to get close.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16985

I appreciate the advice given. I've been tracking 1st half results the past month or so and see an extremely strong correlation with the under and +.5 run. Of games where four or less runs were scored in the first half, 68 out of 255 (26.67%) were tied after five innings. Games with five or more runs in the first half were tied only 17 of 204 times (8.33%). I was wondering if this closely matches past seasons' results.

dochall2u
    Update your status
    dochall2u's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for some good info.