sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Anyone have any Live Betting Strategies

Does anyone have any live betting tips to beat the books or is this just something to stay away from?

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

This is where knowing the sport and knowing both teams really well helps a ton. Mainly, I'd just go against public perception. Say Miami beats the Mavs 8-4 before the first commercial break. If the line comes back Miami -6 or something of that nature, I'd take Mavs +6. This is, of course, extremely generalized, but I think it's a good example.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Bet scalps with Pinnacle's live betting number.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    Bet scalps with Pinnacle's live betting number.
    Yeah I would do this to start and you might learn how the markets work and figure something else out.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Live Soccer it great to make money , mostly I bet on the under , but can not say I have a strategy , I just look for value using statistic of the teams.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I like to do it on hockey...I look for momentum swings, etc.....Then I try and determine if there will be another goal or multiple goals...

Stay patient I say, and look for the value...Also don't pull the trigger on a bet right away...hang on and see if the line changes in your favor....Most games I watch there is usually something that pops up which is good value...BOL !

CHUBNUT
    CHUBNUT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7628

Live betting is the vogue thing at the moment and because a few people posted how EASY it was early on, the herd agreed. Live betting is anything but easy as taking prices from the books means heavy vig while the exchanges will pick you off like daisy's. If you are to join in then you need to be fully aware of what your trying to achieve before the start and you need to have a cheat sheet of all the different situations already priced up. Once again the problem is psychological in that once you have decided to get involved beforehand you tend to push your intened position regardless of price and value.

usernametaken
    usernametaken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 828

a team that is gaining momentum might be getting the heavy odds. it might be wise to bet against them

clairvoyance
    clairvoyance's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    I like to do it on hockey...I look for momentum swings, etc.....Then I try and determine if there will be another goal or multiple goals...
    ok i'll bite, how do you quantify a momentum swing?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need experience and enough angles to quickly respond when one shows up. Example. Refs calling a lot of early fouls in a NBA game. Not only does it mean FT's and easy points, but it also means the defenses soften up to avoid foul trouble. If you see this happening, as it did early in game 5 of the NBA finals, bet the over. You basically need to have a quicker understanding of what's unfolding than the book. In the above case the book offered a line of 190 pts, just 5 pts higher than the pregame total. I think the teams combined for 215 pts.

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    This is where knowing the sport and knowing both teams really well helps a ton.
    live betting is where you do not need to know the sport and both teams.
    I know someone,who makes a living from trading at Betfair and he doesn't know anything about the teams.
    instead he knows the bots at BF,their mistakes and the advantage of the super high odds (+1000,+2000) in trading.
    Last edited by tachi; 06-12-11 at 01:55 AM.

sdiamond8065
    sdiamond8065's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

baseball home team wont get swept

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Honestly to truly use LIVE BETTING as an investment you would have to constantly be at your computer for the entire game... hitting the refresh button.... thinking... it's more like a "pressure move or play" every commercial break. Sounds like a pain in the A$$. Betting one way... then the opposite way. You'll never have a chance to totally enjoy the game. In my opinion... strong books who use IN-GAME BETTING are looking for that one guy to hit a huge favorite for -500 and then the underdog wins. Cleans that guys entire bankroll out. That's really what it was designed to do. Books... like 5Dimes and Pinnacle... that's the only reason why they have it. You're better off hitting one side before a game starts... and watching the entire game.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

As in every bet, the secret is finding value. There is supposedly more value to be found in live lines, as the oddsmaker have very little time to come with a number, and the lines cannot be so ironed after being in the market for a long time. There are even a few times when different books come with arbable numbers. Of course, it need your full attention during the game, and often you cannot find anything worthwhile due to the higher vig.

Krtica
    Vamos a Ganar !
    Krtica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Speaking just about soccer LIVE-betting.
    From time to time LIVE-bets where among the most of my bets from all (pre-game and live)
    Firstly i bet just pre game , but as the years passed , aproximately just 20-30% of my all bets are pre game bets.
    Lately i prefer LIVE betting on soccer (speaking just on AH , asian handicap betting).

-Nowdays no one bets 100% pre game its just bad , and many things got turned upside down in LIVE. Especially in soccer.
    -So just because of this , many upside -downs in one game produced new way of betting > asian handicap LIVE betting , which alows through all 90minutes to have chance at any result to choose two-way , i mean two side bets like 1.96-1.96 aproximately in any situation. So offer is average 1.96 on both sides , both teams , just the AH (asian handicap) changes all the way ( .... -2.0 , -1.75 , -1.5 , -1.25 , -1.0 , -0.75 , -0.5 , -0.25 , 0.0 , +0.25 , +0.5 , + +0.75 , +1.0 . +1.25 , +1.5 , +1.75 , +2.0 , +2.25 ... etc , etc ...) etc ...
    Thats far more better than betting LIVE on 1-x-2 markets. So there is a big fluidity on this. Markets are very busy and very dynamic. And when speaking of knowledge of the teams , squads especially following live the games , we can have best possible offers on IN-RUNNING bets.

-So enough of this. Someone said here that its needed great experience to bet in LIVE markets. Yes I agree.
    So try to spend time to follow offers live in same time when you watch the games , but beware, just bet recreational sums until you realy gain nice experience.

Cheers !
    Last edited by Krtica; 06-13-11 at 03:02 PM.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

In soccer live markets, there's only one bet I focus on: Over.

I turn on the broadcast and watch the game. If I see value on over, I place my bet. Usually, I like waiting first 10-15 minutes. If line is 3, it drops to 2.5 usually. Sometimes I pick Over 2.5, sometimes I wait for 2 line. If there's a goal in half time, good. What happens if half time is 0-0?

I consider Over 1.5 bet but not in all games. Game must be fast and should be an open game. Even when there's lots of scoring opportunities, there may not be goals in halftime. No prob. They usually score in 2nd half.

I pick Over 1.5 (usually at Evens or -105) in 45" and wait for goals. If no goals scored, no problem. Lost this one. Off to next game. You can't win every game..but if you can read the game right, you can win majority of your bets..

The hardest thing in live betting is Self-Control. Always put limits to yourself. You should have nerves of steel and patience of a guru. It gets better and better and better by time.

In soccer inplay betting, I have a golden rule: I never pick side bets. AH, 1x2, DNB etc. Never ever. Over or not. Rest is no bet in my book.

Sawyer

Another important thing is,

Inplay betting market is not controlled by oddsmaker!

It's BETTING MARKET!

Remember what happened in Costa Rica - El Salvador game..or Nigeria-Argentina game. In Nigeria game, odds for "Under 4.5" didn't dropped! Why? Because somebody with large cash was pounding Over. There was a huge money in betting market and they manipulated it. Same thing happened in Costa Rica game as well. Costa Rica odds were 1,30-1.40. Then suddenly odds started to raise dramatically and there was no goals nor cards. Then El Salvador scored. Game Result? Hot favourite Costa Rica failed to win, lol.

It happens in Italia Serie B too. Too many fixed games in soccer lately. If odds are suspicious/weird, there may be something "fishy". Be careful, Always..

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Honestly to truly use LIVE BETTING as an investment you would have to constantly be at your computer for the entire game... hitting the refresh button.... thinking... it's more like a "pressure move or play" every commercial break. Sounds like a pain in the A$$. Betting one way... then the opposite way. You'll never have a chance to totally enjoy the game. In my opinion... strong books who use IN-GAME BETTING are looking for that one guy to hit a huge favorite for -500 and then the underdog wins. Cleans that guys entire bankroll out. That's really what it was designed to do. Books... like 5Dimes and Pinnacle... that's the only reason why they have it. You're better off hitting one side before a game starts... and watching the entire game.
    Yeah i tend to believe this.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by sdiamond8065 View Post
    yeah, baltimore didnt sweep texas and astros didnt sweep cardinals last season.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by sdiamond8065 View Post
    bluejays literally just got swept by the redsox

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

where can you get good live limits?

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by tukkk View Post
    where can you get good live limits?
    Pinnacle would be the obvious answer I would imagine for people who have access to it, or maybe matchbook or one of the euro books like bet365, I dont really know the status of Matchbook though.

For Americans I am pretty impressed with Betonline , 5dimes has pretty low limits but offers a good variety, bookmaker/dsi are pretty average but offers alot of lines juiced on both sides for your betting pleasure. LOL

fockthat
    fockthat's Avatar Become A Pro!

live betting on soccer on the over but i dont have a strategy

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Where can Americans bet live for soccer at a trusted book?

Sawyer

For soccer wagering,

Make sure you got these:

Sbobet
    Betfair
    Pinnacle

No need to Matchbook since liquidity is very poor. Almost zero.

For Americans,

I'm afraid your best bet is 5Dimes..and they don't have "live" soccer. Limits are also low. (200-250$)

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by gtkid911 View Post
    Where can Americans bet live for soccer at a trusted book?
    Sports interaction probably the only choice

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I do a lot of live betting in Nfl football. My only rule is, I only place bets if I get 10 points of value from the closing line. I have gotten burned on a couple blow outs like the Pats Bears game and Pats Jets second game but cashed pretty much all of the other ones that I bet.