ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Arbing in MLB

I'm looking at opportunities where both the -1RL for the favorite and the dog ML pay +money. For example, tonight the Cleveland Indians were +115 on the ML and the LA Angels were +108 on the -1RL. Is this enough +Money to arb? I think it's called a polish middle? where we win money as long as the Angles do not win by exactly 1 run. If they do, we push the -1RL bet and still lose the dog ML bet. In every other occurence, money is made. How big do the +number have to be to make it a +EV bet? I think it would be best to figure out how often a home favorite wins by exactly 1 run

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    I think it would be best to figure out how often a home favorite wins by exactly 1 run
    You're getting closer.

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Yes, it is exactly a Polish middle (maybe yours is a Polish side because it only ever loses half the bet). I would analyse it as a NO bet on the prop "will the favourite win by exactly 1 run?" for the amount you lose when that happens to win the amount you win if you Dutch the dog ML and Fav-1.

From there, if you know how often the favourite wins by exactly 1 run you know if it's a good bet.

For extra credit look at push rate by total.

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Inspired by this thread, I dove into my trusty MLB database to check out push rates, and potential arbing opportunities. I only looked at -1.5 Run Lines, but unfortunately I found nothing even close to +EV.

Maybe I need to search more books in order to find better lines, or maybe I need to try -1 run lines instead. Does anyone know if there is +EV out there, or if I am wasting my time?

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Nevermind. I spent about an hour running calculations in excel, and I found 1 on today's card. Unfortunately, now that I have zero access to matchbook, and there is basically no liquidity on BetMaker, arbitraging baseball is basically not an option.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

-1 RL's are computed for the bettor on 5dimes. and they are usually the same or very close to what the payout would be for using the -1.5RL and ML conversion.

How do I find out how often the favorite wins by exactly 1 run?

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    -1 RL's are computed for the bettor on 5dimes. and they are usually the same or very close to what the payout would be for using the -1.5RL and ML conversion.

How do I find out how often the favorite wins by exactly 1 run?
    You can use pinnacle's run lines/alt run lines to get an idea.

Calculate the > 1 probability (using the runline) and subtract the result from the overall win probability using the moneyline.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

the home fav wins by exactly 1 run appr. 18%----the road fav wins by exactly 1 run appr. 11% of the time as per "the logical approach"--you can find it if you type in "baseball favs winning by exactly 1 run" on whatever search engine you use. I use dogpile

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

This thread was of interest to me. That avatar is strangely disconcerting.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

You can find arbitrage opportunities if you shop for the best lines. For example, just 2 days ago Toronto was +107 in Book-A and Seattle was -102 in Book-B. It's a surebet and you're guaranteed to make profit..but of course, it's not much, only %1.2. You win $1.2 for every 100$ you wager. So if your total wager (both sides) is 600, your profit will be only 7.2$.

Personally, I ignore any surebet opportunities if it's below %2. Anything in %2-3 (or more) can be worth of it, if limits are not small. Betjamaica won't allow you to wager more then 300$ on overnight lines.

Zuon
    Zuon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 708

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    You can find arbitrage opportunities if you shop for the best lines. For example, just 2 days ago Toronto was +107 in Book-A and Seattle was -102 in Book-B. It's a surebet and you're guaranteed to make profit..but of course, it's not much, only %1.2. You win $1.2 for every 100$ you wager. So if your total wager (both sides) is 600, your profit will be only 7.2$.

Personally, I ignore any surebet opportunities if it's below %2. Anything in %2-3 (or more) can be worth of it, if limits are not small. Betjamaica won't allow you to wager more then 300$ on overnight lines.
    Someone have considerered to search surebet opportunities on Rebate Wager using the 40% rebate bonus?

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

This question never gets old.

Zuon
    Zuon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 708

Quote Originally Posted by Zuon View Post
    Someone have considerered to search surebet opportunities on Rebate Wager using the 40% rebate bonus?
    I re-send this question.
    I'm interested in it.