sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Warning: This interview contains a lot of BS

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

dude i need to move out of the US so i can play at pinnacle... if there is another way, someone PM!

meckis
    meckis's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8113

I hope next chapters will be more interesting

Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

maybe he doesnt know about granchrow..or RAS but hes basically stating u can bet RAS since they do not subscribe and move right away you probably have a min or 2... weird, what else did he lie about

Ibrakadabra
    Ibrakadabra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Interesting interview but this "non-scientific" approach to profiling customers sounds a bit strange...

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Guy probably owns the nite-life down there. Maybe wife/kids for show. 7 inches for sure.

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7772

when is ep3 coming out? i hope its not as long as the wait for ep2.
    Last edited by brumbies; 04-10-11 at 11:10 PM.

subs
    subs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

the pinnacle PR channel sucks. a little truth wouldda been better, u know, sell a little truth b4 u lie? its a good dollar, the old slip in a lie among the facts routine.

people might actually believe u....

yea sure account 33445566 is sharp but account 33445567 is a whale and 33445568 is super sharp. yea right! and u guys r all autistic to remember 10,000 account numbers and have them profiled in ur head.

u r not Dustin Hoffman- Rainman, sorry.

or was that ur boxer shorts on the highway?

Justin 7 says he worked on profiling players for pinnacle... 1 of them is lying...
    Last edited by subs; 04-11-11 at 05:24 AM.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

justin7 can you please explain whats going on. How come threads like this justin7 never makes an appearance?

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Not a big deal whether they really "lie" about profiling or not. Winning players can't hide forever. If you has picked best lines all year long and somehow not winning much, they won't care a bit about what you do.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

Seriously, this guy could be cleaning the floors in pinna's offices as his answers are nowhere close to answers I'd imagine from a guy who actually knows what he's talking about. The informational value of this interview is a big fat zero. I'm not trying to poop on SBR's effort - in fact I applaud it - but you need to squeeze this guy a bit harder for info.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    He sounds like he's from southern Wisconsin, or maybe Illinois? Anybody else getting that from his dialect?
    No he is from western PA, near the Ohio border.

joeytunes
    joeytunes's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff

ararat2010
    ararat2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

such a good company - with such a bad platform ((( still down...

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

yeah, next interview should be about why they have so much downtime.

specialronnie29
    specialronnie29's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is the biggest crock of shit i have ever heard

First reason is -- other sharps i know have higher or lower limits than me. One guy i know has just been a scalper bonus whore for 10 years and so has lost hundreds of thousands at pinnacle. of course pinnacle has him labeled as such and has higher than usual limits. how can a book not love guy who fades steam.

2nd reason. in some markets where pinn has lines automatically adjusted by a computer this same guy can make a max bet and line will move 3-4 cents. if i make the same max bet (for a lower amount) the line moves 10cents.

someone teach this bald cokehead loschak how things work so he can call bullshit on this senior trader (aka janitor) at pinnacle

qukubau
    qukubau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

good interview. thanks sbr.

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Richards View Post
    He sounds like he's from southern Wisconsin, or maybe Illinois? Anybody else getting that from his dialect?
    pennsylvania....from the first interview

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

subs - "the pinnacle PR channel sucks. a little truth wouldda been better, u know, sell a little truth b4 u lie? its a good dollar, the old slip in a lie among the facts routine.
    people might actually believe u....
    yea sure account 33445566 is sharp but account 33445567 is a whale and 33445568 is super sharp. yea right! and u guys r all autistic to remember 10,000 account numbers and have them profiled in ur head.
    u r not Dustin Hoffman- Rainman, sorry."

jairocon - "The informational value of this interview is a big fat zero."

Agree with both the above.

They've recognized sharp players, but they have nothing programmed into their system - the Bookie - sorry, "Trader" - sits at the terminal 24/7 with the account #'s memorized of the sharps so he can move on their action.
    And what about the 2 days a week he's off? His 2 day a week replacement has also memorized every account # of sharp players in whatever sport this "Trader" deals with?
    ???

Also - it's been a few years since he dealt NCAA BB, so he's not familiar with RAS.
    He should still be familiar with them from a few years ago. And certainly their effect has to have been much discussed around the Pinny "Trader" offices.

I heard years ago from a knowledgeable person that certain players were limited on overnite MLB.
    Last edited by Scooter; 04-18-11 at 04:14 PM.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by specialronnie29 View Post
    this is the biggest crock of shit i have ever heard

First reason is -- other sharps i know have higher or lower limits than me.
    Can you give a specific example - the sport, and your limit compared to others?
    In most sports, Pinny progressively moves the betting limits higher - so I suppose your highest limit in the sport you feel you are limited in would be of interest.
    Last edited by Scooter; 04-18-11 at 04:16 PM.

saratoga1927
    saratoga1927's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boring............

snehalgarg
    snehalgarg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi Friend! I agree with Your views. Thanks for providing us such an interesting & useful information. We can easily places bets on the sport we would like to choose like Football, Baseball, Basketball etc & also you would just with the bookie except it is on a website on the internet.Sports-book on the internet ranges from fraudulent operations with no intention of paying their customers to multi-billion dollar publicly traded companies.

gman2114
    SBR Rocks
    gman2114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

Not canadian.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why are some of you dudes saying this is all bullshit?
    Iam using Pinny for close to 10y now, and i know for sure that what he says about their programmed system is true.

When you make a bet of a certain amount on an early line, or a market with lower limits, it automatically moves the line. (and he says that, "once the market is settled in it won't move").
    Iam not sharp, and i move lines all the time when arbing. Then, often enough the line jumps back after a few seconds.
    This is manually done. If it would be programmed, aka the system would know iam square, it would jump back RIGHT AWAY.

This is a nice interview, ofc he is not telling all the secrets, or stuff that sharp players wouldn't know already.
    This is ment for the average Joe, and is prolly interesting for those ppl. So don't be such dikkheads.

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Wow that was interesting. I'd like to hear more of that... is there a written version of these interviews somewhere?

But what I don't understand is that he said they don't limit certain players. Well that's only partially true, they do impose limits on certain accounts, but per-bet limits instead of per-game limits. I wonder if there's a more fine-grained control over these limits, or if there's fixed limits for standard accounts and flagged accounts.

Some interesting thing I've noticed is that they seem to flag sharp accounts, but only for certain leagues. When you place $50 on a certain league they take the line off and adjust it manually, while you can place $5000 on another league and nothing is adjusted. That's actually quite interesting, because all other books I know flag accounts in general but not for each and every league. Actually quite smart, because someone might be a sharp player in college basketball, while later blowing all his winnings with NBA bets. Not very likely, but possible
    Last edited by in play, run(s); 04-19-11 at 02:08 PM.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Why are some of you dudes saying this is all bullshit? Iam using Pinny for close to 10y now, and i know for sure that what he says about their programmed system is true. When you make a bet of a certain amount on an early line, or a market with lower limits, it automatically moves the line. (and he says that, "once the market is settled in it won't move"). Iam not sharp, and i move lines all the time when arbing. Then, often enough the line jumps back after a few seconds. This is manually done. If it would be programmed, aka the system would know iam square, it would jump back RIGHT AWAY. This is a nice interview, ofc he is not telling all the secrets, or stuff that sharp players wouldn't know already. This is ment for the average Joe, and is prolly interesting for those ppl. So don't be such dikkheads.
    That isn't what he said. Listen to what he actually said.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Love how the Pinnacle guy says he's "heard of, but is not familiar with [Right Angle Sports'] work," and then within 60 seconds refers to them as "RAS"...

Overall, while this guy is clearly not being 100% forthright, the bigger issue is that he doesn't appear to be very good. Odd stuff.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    Love how the Pinnacle guy says he's "heard of, but is not familiar with [Right Angle Sports'] work," and then within 60 seconds refers to them as "RAS"...

Overall, while this guy is clearly not being 100% forthright, the bigger issue is that he doesn't appear to be very good. Odd stuff.
    I agree. That "RAS" reference did seem to flow quite fluidly.

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

This does not compare to my local. Here you agree to make a bet with certain amount and odds, you pay and they give you receipt with different odds!!! They say, I don't know. Odds in our system change... bullshit

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

pinny is to be used as a line movement service.

First 12