newbee
    newbee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

NHL lineup info

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a good site for NHL lineup info for upcoming matches? What time does it get posted?
    Thanks,

newbee

Thanks Tackleberry. I think both of these sites post expected line up info. What I was looking for is actual lineups, i.e. the players that will actually be playing in tonight's game. (obviously they will not be split into forwards and defense, but at least I will know what players will be on ice). Is there a site that has this info even if it is only a few hours before the game?

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not aware of that info being available, but would certainly be interested if it was. As far as I know it's not official until the coach hands the sheet to the officials just prior to the start of the game so to get exact info would be near impossible. I could be wrong on this.
    I think you would be best off using the two sites above in combination with tracking injuries (http://tsn.ca/nhl/injuries/) and use the info to make the best educated guess possible.

Best of luck

thompsontw
    Update your status
    thompsontw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1653

Hey Newbee -
    I get this info from nhl.com
    Home page then Scores then click Preview then Stats then Roster Report.

The page is updated about 10 to 5 minutes before the puck is dropped with the starting lineup in bold.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/RO021132.HTM

Hope this helps-

TT

newbee

Quote Originally Posted by thompsontw View Post
    Hey Newbee -
    I get this info from nhl.com
    Home page then Scores then click Preview then Stats then Roster Report.

The page is updated about 10 to 5 minutes before the puck is dropped with the starting lineup in bold.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/RO021132.HTM

Hope this helps-

TT
    Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I always thought the starting lineup was given a few minutes before the puck drops, basically the visiting team gives their lineup to the scorer and the home team gets that info then gives their starting line up to the scorer. Great info when looking at first period plays, line changes and how a team plans to play the first period.

This is all a few minutes before the puck drops. In terms of line up roster for the entire game I always look for starting goalies at leftwinglock.com, they always have it way before daily faceoff.
    Last edited by gregm; 03-29-11 at 05:56 PM.

newbee

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I always thought the starting lineup was given a few minutes before the puck drops, basically the visiting team gives their lineup to the scorer and the home team gets that info then gives their starting line up to the scorer. Great info when looking at first period plays, line changes and how a team plans to play the first period.

This is all a few minutes before the puck drops. In terms of line up roster for the entire game I always look for starting goalies at leftwinglock.com, they always have it way before daily faceoff.
    I have not investigated leftwinglock and dailyfaceoff closely, but according to left's description they pretty much estimate their lineups using previous game data, which one can generally do him/her self. Dailyfaceoff seems to be incorporating injury and trade data, which should be more accurate even if delayed. But that is purely based on what I've read on their sites.

Getting lineups 5-10 mins before the game is actually good if the model is optimized to act quickly on the data. Actually it looks like NHL has the lineups (though does not specify starters) a few hours before the game in many cases. Not sure if these are their estimates or actual lines their get from teams.