JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    His replacement Matt Mervis just got called up so dfa time gotta be soon!
    Thought there might have been a Hosmer love affair in the windy city!

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Made a couple of fantasy trades today - obviously I'm collecting some serious underachievers and hoping positive regression comes my way.

I send Hunter Greene and receive Teoscar Hernandez
    I send Eduardo Rodriguez and receive Jazz Chisholm

Thoughts?
    12 team league and these 2 traded pitchers were essentially my bench (Cole, Castillo, S Gray, Eovaldi, M Keller, H Brown, Snell, B Miller)

Chisholm would replace Bryson Stott
    Hernandez goes to the bench since he is likely behind my 5 OF/DH spots (Garcia, Harper, Springer, Marte, Castellanos)

It sure feels like I'm getting something for nothing but these two jokers are on pace for 200+ strikeouts each

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    Made a couple of fantasy trades today - obviously I'm collecting some serious underachievers and hoping positive regression comes my way.

I send Hunter Greene and receive Teoscar Hernandez
    I send Eduardo Rodriguez and receive Jazz Chisholm

Thoughts?
    12 team league and these 2 traded pitchers were essentially my bench (Cole, Castillo, S Gray, Eovaldi, M Keller, H Brown, Snell, B Miller)

Chisholm would replace Bryson Stott
    Hernandez goes to the bench since he is likely behind my 5 OF/DH spots (Garcia, Harper, Springer, Marte, Castellanos)

It sure feels like I'm getting something for nothing but these two jokers are on pace for 200+ strikeouts each
    I like each guy you received better than the one you gave up...

That said, i keep waiting for Rodriquez to come back to earth but he continues to kill it...

Chisholm has way more power/speed upside than Stott

boscokid

Today I learned: Bryce Miller is the first pitcher in MLB history to have 1 run or less, 3 hits or fewer and 1 walk or fewer over his first 3 starts. Obviously next stop Cooperstown!

Oh and WTF Jazz - outfield walls don't yield when you hit them at full speed

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Is this a force out at 2nd?

Runner on first no outs

Runner on first attempts to steal 2nd but the batter pops the ball up to 2nd basemen. As the runner slides in and touches 2nd base the fielder drops the ball. The runner only hears the coaches yelling back and starts to go back to first but then sees the 2nd baseman has dropped the ball. He tries to go back to 2nd but the 2nd baseman throws it to the shortstop and the short stop steps on the bag.

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres are an absolute disgrace...something is amiss with this mix of players.

If this continues do they double down or blow it up? I vote the latter as there a lot of issues and I do not see a trade or 2 fixing anything.

Literally 90-95% of the team is underachieving, I'm absolutely disgusted.

Otters27

Jake do you know the answer to my question above

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Is this a force out at 2nd?

Runner on first no outs

Runner on first attempts to steal 2nd but the batter pops the ball up to 2nd basemen. As the runner slides in and touches 2nd base the fielder drops the ball. The runner only hears the coaches yelling back and starts to go back to first but then sees the 2nd baseman has dropped the ball. He tries to go back to 2nd but the 2nd baseman throws it to the shortstop and the short stop steps on the bag.
    I'm not certain but I believe so. My only question is that since he touched 2nd and then went back to 1st is it a force still or do you have to tag the runner out?

The shortstop can tag 2nd and then walk runner down towards 1st just to be certain to get the out.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Yes, force out.

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm not certain but I believe so. My only question is that since he touched 2nd and then went back to 1st is it a force still or do you have to tag the runner out?

The shortstop can tag 2nd and then walk runner down towards 1st just to be certain to get the out.
    Thanks that's what I was wondering since he already touched 2nd did the shortstop need to tag him?

JAKEPEAVY21

Today I learned: Bryce Miller is the first pitcher in MLB history to have 1 run or less, 3 hits or fewer and 1 walk or fewer over his first 3 starts. Obviously next stop Cooperstown!

Oh and WTF Jazz - outfield walls don't yield when you hit them at full speed
    You mushed him, he got shelled last night.

boscokid

You mushed him, he got shelled last night.
    LOL and absolutely shelled again today - his Disney story might end with him back in the minors this year

boscokid

Does anybody else use Blake Snell box scores to tell how close we are to the Fourth of July? He has been pitching much better lately but will be put to the test Sunday @ Rockies and of course I started him in a two start week

JAKEPEAVY21

Does anybody else use Blake Snell box scores to tell how close we are to the Fourth of July? He has been pitching much better lately but will be put to the test Sunday @ Rockies and of course I started him in a two start week
    Shockingly his ERA is almost below 4.00 now.

I don't like him and never have, way too inconsistent and not dependable.

Other than his light out Cy Young season years back, his career has been mediocre at best.

boscokid

I know, I know but his post all-star game numbers last year were so damned tantalizing for what amounted to my fantasy 4th starter. I went back and looked just to make sure and he really did dominate after July 8th (87.2IP 121SO 2.57ERA 8-5 Record)

Otters27

Are angels night games thicker air like the dodgers?

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres and Mets proving that throwing around money does not guarantee success.

Padres playing a bit better of late but the Mets look like an absolute dumpster fire.

JAKEPEAVY21

Padres playing some decent ball lately...

Tatis had a huge game last night:

1st player since 1901 to have this stat line...homer, 3 extra base hits, 2 runs scored, 2 steals, a walk and an outfield assist!

He showed off all his skills last night

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Which side of this fantasy trade would you take ?

Spencer Strider or Bryce Harper and Pablo Lopez

boscokid

Shockingly his ERA is almost below 4.00 now.
    All*Star Break numbers!

6 wins 2.85era 1.224whip 132so 98ip batting average against .200

Maybe Snell not the problem in San Diego?

boscokid

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    LOL - that's a tough one. Usually I like to get the best player in any deal which is Strider but if you also needed a bat then Lopez + Harper is decent consolation prize - too bad wins are so hard to come by in Minny.

Traded Eovaldi for Glyber Torres today. I have a surplus of starting pitchers and Jazz Chisholm's banged up ass on IL so took what I could get.

Gotta figure Eovaldi career first half is as good as it gets for him and with velocity down the last 5-6 starts he may break down sooner than later.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post

I like whoever got Strider.

Harper has been sapped of his power with this injury.
    All*Star Break numbers!

6 wins 2.85era 1.224whip 132so 98ip batting average against .200

Maybe Snell not the problem in San Diego?
    Credit where credit is due, Snell has arguably been the best pitcher in the majors the past 2-3 months.

It's a real shame he goes through the prolonged awful stretches because he is elite when it is all working for him.
    LOL - that's a tough one. Usually I like to get the best player in any deal which is Strider but if you also needed a bat then Lopez + Harper is decent consolation prize - too bad wins are so hard to come by in Minny.

Traded Eovaldi for Glyber Torres today. I have a surplus of starting pitchers and Jazz Chisholm's banged up ass on IL so took what I could get.

Gotta figure Eovaldi career first half is as good as it gets for him and with velocity down the last 5-6 starts he may break down sooner than later.
    Yikes, that is an awful trade for you. Eovaldi has been one of the best starters in the majors after his first couple of starts of the season.

I'm not sure I'd pick Torres up if he was on the waiver wire.

boscokid

Yikes, that is an awful trade for you. Eovaldi has been one of the best starters in the majors after his first couple of starts of the season.
    I'm not sure I'd pick Torres up if he was on the waiver wire.
    Guess we gonna find out - admittedly Torres is a fundamentally bad baseball player but he is a stat accumulator who bats at the top of an order, CBS has him as the 8th highest scoring 2B so far this season. For reference - this league is deep so the top 30 2B are rostered which leaves tasty choices like Taylor Walls, Zach McKinstry and Miguel Vargas as best remaining options.

I mostly use a site called pitcherlist.com and guy there does in-depth stat analysis and has been beating the drum for an Eovaldi implosion for about a month now. My team is currently 15-13 with 10 games left to play and normally it takes about 18 wins to make the playoffs so I'm more concerned with who will still be standing come playoff time (weeks 20-25) and already 6 games back from division lead and a bye.

Nathan Eovaldi (TEX) vs TB (W) – 6.0 IP, 0 ER, 2 Hits, 3 BBs, 2 Ks – 11 Whiffs, 22% CSW, 93 pitches.

93.8, 94.4,96.1, 94.1 mph. Those are Eovaldi’s previous four outings. This one? 93.1 mph. HOW IS HE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? I’m also perplexed the Rangers haven’t stepped in as he’s so obviously injured once again (he’s supposed to be 96/97!) and yet, he’s surviving against teams like the Rays. I guess we start him until this blows up in our faces…? H’oh boy.

JAKEPEAVY21

Guess we gonna find out - admittedly Torres is a fundamentally bad baseball player but he is a stat accumulator who bats at the top of an order, CBS has him as the 8th highest scoring 2B so far this season. For reference - this league is deep so the top 30 2B are rostered which leaves tasty choices like Taylor Walls, Zach McKinstry and Miguel Vargas as best remaining options.

I mostly use a site called pitcherlist.com and guy there does in-depth stat analysis and has been beating the drum for an Eovaldi implosion for about a month now. My team is currently 15-13 with 10 games left to play and normally it takes about 18 wins to make the playoffs so I'm more concerned with who will still be standing come playoff time (weeks 20-25) and already 6 games back from division lead and a bye.

Nathan Eovaldi (TEX) vs TB (W) – 6.0 IP, 0 ER, 2 Hits, 3 BBs, 2 Ks – 11 Whiffs, 22% CSW, 93 pitches.

93.8, 94.4,96.1, 94.1 mph. Those are Eovaldi’s previous four outings. This one? 93.1 mph. HOW IS HE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? I’m also perplexed the Rangers haven’t stepped in as he’s so obviously injured once again (he’s supposed to be 96/97!) and yet, he’s surviving against teams like the Rays. I guess we start him until this blows up in our faces…? H’oh boy.

Bosco, you got fleeced pal.

boscokid

Bosco, you got fleeced pal.
    Eovaldi getting his turn skipped due to arm fatigue. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Bosco may eventually be proven to have been fleeced in this trade but he aint no noob at the fantasy game.

First ... 9101112