mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32858

That’s reasonable price for Blues signing Bozak.

Didn`t realize he was 35 years old , I thought he was younger .

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

With training camps starting around the NHL in just a few days, we've reached the start of professional tryout offer signings.
    The Edmonton Oilers signed veteran winger Colton Sceviour to a PTO on Wednesday. Sceviour had 10 points in 46 regular-season games with the Pittsburgh Penguins last year.

mr. leisure

Maple Leafs, Sabres to play in 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

Outdoor game will take place in Hamilton, Ontario on March 13

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
    The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres will play in the 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, Ontario, on March 13 (3 p.m. ET; TNT, SN, SN NOW, NHL Live, TVA Sports).

It will be the sixth Heritage Classic since Nov. 22, 2003, when the Montreal Canadiens defeated the Edmonton Oilers 4-3 at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, the 35th outdoor game in NHL history and third scheduled this season. The St. Louis Blues will face the Minnesota Wild in the Discover NHL Winter Classic at Target Field in Minneapolis on Jan. 1. The Tampa Bay Lightning visit the Nashville Predators in the Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series at Nissan Stadium on Feb. 26.
    The Winnipeg Jets defeated the Calgary Flames 2-1 in overtime at the 2019 Heritage Classic in Regina, Saskatchewan on Oct. 26, 2019.
    "We are excited to announce that we will be presenting another Tim Hortons Heritage Classic this season," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "When the Toronto Maple Leafs meet the Buffalo Sabres at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, we again will honor Canada's preeminent role in the history of our game while renewing a great and longstanding NHL rivalry. In addition, by inviting the first U.S.-based team to a Heritage Classic, we will celebrate the greater Golden Horseshoe region as the home of so many fans of both the Leafs and Sabres."
    The Maple Leafs are 2-1-0 in regular-season outdoor games, their most recent a 5-2 loss to the Washington Capitals in the 2018 NHL Stadium Series at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland. Toronto won the 2014 NHL Winter Classic 3-2 in a shootout against the Detroit Red Wings before an NHL record 105,491 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Maple Leafs defeated the Red Wings 5-4 in overtime in the 2017 NHL Centennial Classic at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.
    "The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to participate in the 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic," Maple Leafs president and alternate governor Brendan Shanahan said. "We're excited at the opportunity to play outdoors again and to bring this great divisional rivalry outside in front of our two devoted fanbases in Hamilton."
    The Sabres are 0-0-2 outdoors. They hosted the inaugural Winter Classic against the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing 2-1 in a shootout at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York, on Jan. 1, 2008. Buffalo also lost the 2018 Winter Classic 3-2 in overtime to the New York Rangers at Citi Field in New York.
    "It's an honor to play in the Heritage Classic game," Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams said. "It will be an incredible atmosphere and we are thrilled to be able to play the Maple Leafs in this special event. Many of us fell in love with hockey while playing on the pond or in backyards, so this will give us a chance to get back to our roots while celebrating the game of hockey."
    Tim Hortons Field is home to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League, the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Forge FC of the Canadian Premier League, and will host the 108th Grey Cup to decide the CFL champion on Dec. 12. It's within walking distance of the site of the original Tim Hortons restaurant that opened in April 1964 at the corner of Ottawa Street North and Dunsmure Road. The franchise was founded by former Maple Leafs defenseman Tim Horton, a Hall of Famer and four-time Stanley Cup winner (1962-64, 1967), and Montreal businessman Jim Charade.

yisman

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Blackhawks have agreed to an entry-level contract with defenseman Nolan Allan, their first-round pick in this year’s NHL draft.
    The team announced the deal on Thursday. The three-year contract runs through the 2023-24 season and carries an $870,000 salary-cap hit.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Maple Leafs, Sabres to play in 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic

Outdoor game will take place in Hamilton, Ontario on March 13

NHL.com @NHLdotcom
    The Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres will play in the 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, Ontario, on March 13 (3 p.m. ET; TNT, SN, SN NOW, NHL Live, TVA Sports).

It will be the sixth Heritage Classic since Nov. 22, 2003, when the Montreal Canadiens defeated the Edmonton Oilers 4-3 at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, the 35th outdoor game in NHL history and third scheduled this season. The St. Louis Blues will face the Minnesota Wild in the Discover NHL Winter Classic at Target Field in Minneapolis on Jan. 1. The Tampa Bay Lightning visit the Nashville Predators in the Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series at Nissan Stadium on Feb. 26.
    The Winnipeg Jets defeated the Calgary Flames 2-1 in overtime at the 2019 Heritage Classic in Regina, Saskatchewan on Oct. 26, 2019.
    "We are excited to announce that we will be presenting another Tim Hortons Heritage Classic this season," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "When the Toronto Maple Leafs meet the Buffalo Sabres at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton, we again will honor Canada's preeminent role in the history of our game while renewing a great and longstanding NHL rivalry. In addition, by inviting the first U.S.-based team to a Heritage Classic, we will celebrate the greater Golden Horseshoe region as the home of so many fans of both the Leafs and Sabres."
    The Maple Leafs are 2-1-0 in regular-season outdoor games, their most recent a 5-2 loss to the Washington Capitals in the 2018 NHL Stadium Series at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland. Toronto won the 2014 NHL Winter Classic 3-2 in a shootout against the Detroit Red Wings before an NHL record 105,491 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Maple Leafs defeated the Red Wings 5-4 in overtime in the 2017 NHL Centennial Classic at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto.
    "The Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to participate in the 2022 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic," Maple Leafs president and alternate governor Brendan Shanahan said. "We're excited at the opportunity to play outdoors again and to bring this great divisional rivalry outside in front of our two devoted fanbases in Hamilton."
    The Sabres are 0-0-2 outdoors. They hosted the inaugural Winter Classic against the Pittsburgh Penguins, losing 2-1 in a shootout at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, New York, on Jan. 1, 2008. Buffalo also lost the 2018 Winter Classic 3-2 in overtime to the New York Rangers at Citi Field in New York.
    "It's an honor to play in the Heritage Classic game," Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams said. "It will be an incredible atmosphere and we are thrilled to be able to play the Maple Leafs in this special event. Many of us fell in love with hockey while playing on the pond or in backyards, so this will give us a chance to get back to our roots while celebrating the game of hockey."
    Tim Hortons Field is home to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League, the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Forge FC of the Canadian Premier League, and will host the 108th Grey Cup to decide the CFL champion on Dec. 12. It's within walking distance of the site of the original Tim Hortons restaurant that opened in April 1964 at the corner of Ottawa Street North and Dunsmure Road. The franchise was founded by former Maple Leafs defenseman Tim Horton, a Hall of Famer and four-time Stanley Cup winner (1962-64, 1967), and Montreal businessman Jim Charade.

Awesome. This will be huge, like Field of Dreams.

Tim Horton knew hockey salary wouldn't last forever, had the smarts to get something going while his name was in the lights.

mr. leisure

Canadiens to host 2022 NHL Draft at Bell Centre

Event to be held from July 7-8; first time in Montreal since 2009

NEW YORK - The National Hockey League announced today that the Montreal Canadiens will host the 2022 NHL Draft™ at Bell Centre. The 2022 event will mark the 27th time the City of Montreal will host the NHL Draft, and the first time since 2009. The city was scheduled to host the 2020 NHL Draft, which was moved to a virtual event for health and safety precautions due to COVID-19.

The 2022 NHL Draft will be held over two days: Thursday, July 7 (Round 1, televised on Sportsnet, TVA Sports, ESPN or ESPN2) and Friday, July 8 (Rounds 2-7, television information to be announced when available). NHL club executives, scouts and coaches will be present on the NHL Draft floor while thousands of fans and hundreds of print, television and radio media are expected to attend.
    "We are proud to announce that, once again, we are conducting our Draft in front of the great fans of the Montreal Canadiens," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "Montreal, the site of the first NHL Draft in 1963, is a wonderful place to bring the NHL family together and to focus on the future of our game as our Clubs call the names of top prospects from around the world. We also thank Geoff Molson and the entire Canadiens organization for their cooperation and support while we needed to conduct the Draft remotely the past two years."
    "We are very excited to have been chosen by the League to host the draft, which will take place in Montreal for the first time since 2009," said France Margaret Bélanger, President, Sports and Entertainment of CH Group. "On behalf of all fans and the organization, we would like to thank the NHL for this vote of confidence, which will allow us to finally present this major event after two virtual editions, while providing an unforgettable experience to several young players."
    "NHL hockey being a major tourist attraction in the metropolis, Tourisme Montréal is happy to fulfill its mandate by contributing to the return of this event in our beautiful city," says Yves Lalumière, President and CEO of Tourisme Montréal. "We are thrilled to welcome back teams and players in the first sports city in Canada."
    The NHL Draft offers the opportunity for hockey fans to witness the beginning of the careers of the latest NHL® stars. Recent No. 1 overall picks include Alex Ovechkin (Washington, 2004), Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh, 2005), Erik Johnson (St. Louis, 2006), Patrick Kane (Chicago, 2007), Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay, 2008), John Tavares (NY Islanders, 2009), Taylor Hall (Edmonton, 2010), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edmonton, 2011), Nail Yakupov (Edmonton, 2012), Nathan MacKinnon (Colorado, 2013), Aaron Ekblad (Florida, 2014), Connor McDavid (Edmonton, 2015), Auston Matthews (Toronto, 2016), Nico Hischier (New Jersey, 2017), Rasmus Dahlin (Buffalo, 2018), Jack Hughes (New Jersey, 2019), Alexis Lafrenière (NY Rangers, 2020) and Owen Power (Buffalo, 2021).
    The NHL Draft was conducted in various Montreal hotels, the League office in Montreal, as well as the historic Montreal Forum from 1963-1984. The event was held outside Montreal for the first time at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in 1985. Montreal again hosted the Draft in 1986, 1988, 1992 and 2009.
    Ticket plans, related events and other details pertaining to the 2022 NHL Draft will be announced at a later date. For historical information and past draft selections, visit records.nhl.com. NHL Network and NHL.com will provide extensive coverage live from the event leading up to and after the 2022 NHL Draft. NHL Social™ will have exclusive coverage on all social platforms, and those looking to join the conversation can use the official hashtag #NHLDraft.

yisman

As per Shawn Simpson: “Brady Tkachuk is leaving St Louis this weekend Heading to Ann Arbour to skate with the USDP. Will stay there until Thursday, and then return to St Louis. A deal can happen at any time, but this tells me nothing is imminent.”

mr. leisure

Chara agrees to contract with Islanders, will play 24th NHL season

44-year-old defenseman gets one year deal, is 13th in games played

Zdeno Chara agreed to a one-year contract with the New York Islanders on Saturday. Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 44-year-old defenseman is the oldest player in the NHL and will enter his 24th season in the League. He scored 10 points (two goals, eight assists) and averaged 18:19 in ice time in 55 regular-season games with the Washington Capitals last season, and did not score a point in five games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
    Chara said May 25 that he planned to take time before deciding if he would play this season.
    "Obviously, I think that it's not always decision that I can make myself," he said. "Sometimes there are things in life that you have to realize, and I have to, obviously, have those conversations with my wife and my children and see where we're going to be in the next few days or weeks. After those conversations, I'm going to probably let those emotions settle in and see where I'm at."
    Selected by the Islanders in the third round (No. 56) of the 1996 NHL Draft, Chara has scored 666 points (207 goals, 459 assists) in 1,608 regular-season games with the Capitals, Boston Bruins, Ottawa Senators and Islanders and ranks 13th all-time in games played.
    Chara has scored 70 points (18 goals, 52 assists) in 200 playoff games and is one of 23 players to appear in at least that many games. He captained the Bruins to the Stanley Cup in 2011.
    The winner of the Norris Trophy voted as best defenseman in the NHL in 2008-09, Chara ranks fifth among defensemen in NHL history in regular-season games, trailing Chris Chelios (1,651), Scott Stevens (1,635), Larry Murphy (1,615) and Ray Bourque (1,612).
    Chara has made the NHL First All-Star Team three times (2003-04, 2008-09, 2013-14) and the Second All-Star Team four times (2005-06, 2007-08, 2010-11, 2011-12).
    The Islanders (32-17-7) finished fourth in the MassMutual East Division last season and lost in the Stanley Cup Semifinals in seven games to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
    New York opens the regular season at the Carolina Hurricanes on Oct. 14.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Evander Kane gambling scandal update

Evander Kane said he never bet on NHL games, but the San Jose Sharks forward admitted he has a gambling problem during an interview with ESPN that aired Thursday.

Kane also said he no longer gambles and has received counseling for the issue.

"I've gambled before. I think that's well documented," Kane said. "It was a big part of my life for quite a number of years. It's something that I would say I definitely had a problem with at certain points throughout those years, certain times more than others."

But Kane denied allegations made by his estranged wife, Anna, in a social media post July 31 that her husband bet on and threw NHL games.

"I knew none of what she was saying was true and I was very confident and comfortable with where I was knowing that I was going to be exonerated and am going to be exonerated of those allegations."

The NHL said in a statement July 31 that it intended to conduct a full investigation into the allegations against Kane. More recently on Thursday, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said of the investigation, "It's ongoing, and we expect to have a report on the findings soon."

The Sharks also issued a statement that day that said, "We support a full and transparent investigation into the situation to maintain the integrity of the game and consistency with our team values."

When asked during the ESPN interview if he ever bet on an NHL game, Kane replied, "Not at all."

Kane, who led San Jose in goals (22), assists (27) and points (49) in 56 games last season, also said he never intentionally tried to lose a game and never altered the way he played because of a wager he or anyone else made.

But he did acknowledge that his gambling contributed to him filing for bankruptcy in January.

yisman

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Sabres captain Jack Eichel will travel to Buffalo for his pre-training camp physical this week amid questions of whether he’ll be cleared to play, and his future with the team in limbo, a person with direct knowledge of the player’s plans told The Associated Press on Saturday.
    The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because discussions between Eichel and the Sabres have been private. The Sabres are conducting their player physicals on Wednesday, a day before opening training camp.
    Eichel has been sidelined since March with a herniated disk sustained in a game against the New York Islanders. The injury has created a widening rift between the player and the team over how it should be treated in what has become an offseason-long standoff.

mr. leisure

Panarin does not want to be Rangers captain: report

Forward says 'we have more deserving candidates for that role now'

Artemi Panarin does not want to be named captain of the New York Rangers, the 29-year-old forward told "Hockey in the Know" on Instagram.

"I think we have more deserving candidates for that role now," Panarin said Friday. "Would I want it? I'd rather say no, actually.
    "It's not just putting a letter on the sweater and walking around taking pictures. It's a lot of rough work in the locker room. And it's not just about playing good hockey. You also have to give your energy between the periods, motivate guys, giving interviews, being the face of the franchise. Overall, it's a lot of work off the ice."
    Panarin enters the third season of a seven-year contract he signed with the Rangers on July 1, 2019 and was an alternate captain with center Mika Zibanejad, forward Chris Kreider and defenseman Jacob Trouba last season. He's scored 153 points (49 goals, 104 assists) in 111 games for New York and was a finalist for the Hart Trophy voted as most valuable player in the NHL in 2019-20 (won by Edmonton Oilers forward Leon Draisaitl.) Panarin's 1.38 points per game are third in the NHL the past two seasons behind Oilers captain Connor McDavid (1.68) and Draisaitl (1.53).
    "I think I'm more effective in hockey," Panarin said. "And I'm afraid that I won't be an effective captain. I even don't speak English. How can I motivate? I can only influence with my own game. And they will listen to me without any letters."
    Rangers general manager Chris Drury said it's a "priority" to name a captain this season and wants coach Gerard Gallant to have some time to assess before a decision is made. New York hasn't had one since defenseman Ryan McDonagh was traded to the Tampa Bay Lightning on Feb. 26, 2018.
    "It's tough to say about needing one," Rangers defenseman Adam Fox told the "NHL @TheRink" podcast Sept. 15. "I think we've had some guys who are great leaders, and guys with experience. The way our team has been with young guys, it would have helped with some direction with one guy to have a voice in that sense."
    Kreider is the longest-tenured player on the Rangers. The 30-year-old forward has played 573 regular-season games and 80 Stanley Cup Playoff games over nine seasons, all with New York, which was fifth in the eight-team MassMutual East Division (27-23-6) last season and has not won an NHL postseason game since 2017. Gallant replaced David Quinn, who was fired May 12 after three seasons.
    Forward Brian Boyle, Kreider's former Rangers teammate who signed a professional tryout contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sept. 3, said Kreider is an ideal candidate.
    "He does everything right," Boyle said at the Smashfest Charity Ping-Pong Challenge on Aug. 5.
    "I mean, I saw him come in as a little puppy dog out of Boston College (in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs). I remember being that kid myself. The effect he had right away was obvious and he was a shot in the arm for us. He's been through everything on that team and now he's the old guard, even though he's not old. He's still got wheels, he's a high-character person, a smart individual and knows what it takes to win.
    "I've been friends with him for a long time, so I'd love to see that."

yisman

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told multiple media outlets that the league projects 98% of its players will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by opening night of the 2021-22 season next month.
    According to that math, fewer than 15 players would not be vaccinated by Oct. 12.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Evander Kane said he never bet on NHL games, but the San Jose Sharks forward admitted he has a gambling problem during an interview with ESPN that aired Thursday.

Kane also said he no longer gambles and has received counseling for the issue.

"I've gambled before. I think that's well documented," Kane said. "It was a big part of my life for quite a number of years. It's something that I would say I definitely had a problem with at certain points throughout those years, certain times more than others."

But Kane denied allegations made by his estranged wife, Anna, in a social media post July 31 that her husband bet on and threw NHL games.

"I knew none of what she was saying was true and I was very confident and comfortable with where I was knowing that I was going to be exonerated and am going to be exonerated of those allegations."

The NHL said in a statement July 31 that it intended to conduct a full investigation into the allegations against Kane. More recently on Thursday, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said of the investigation, "It's ongoing, and we expect to have a report on the findings soon."

The Sharks also issued a statement that day that said, "We support a full and transparent investigation into the situation to maintain the integrity of the game and consistency with our team values."

When asked during the ESPN interview if he ever bet on an NHL game, Kane replied, "Not at all."

Kane, who led San Jose in goals (22), assists (27) and points (49) in 56 games last season, also said he never intentionally tried to lose a game and never altered the way he played because of a wager he or anyone else made.

But he did acknowledge that his gambling contributed to him filing for bankruptcy in January.
    I wonder if he posts here at SBR? I should quit gambling after yesterday’s football.

mr. leisure

Patrick signs two-year contract with Golden Knights

Restricted free agent forward gets $1.2 million annually, was acquired in trade with Predators

Nolan Patrick signed a two-year contract with the Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday. It has an average annual value of $1.2 million.

Patrick, who turned 23 Sunday, was a restricted free agent. He was traded with defenseman Philippe Myers to the Nashville Predators by the Philadelphia Flyers for defenseman Ryan Ellis on July 17 and then traded to the Golden Knights for forward Cody Glass. Patrick scored nine points (four goals, five assists) in 52 games last season after not playing in 2019-20 because of a migraine disorder.
    Patrick has scored 70 points (30 goals, 40 assists) in 197 NHL games, all with the Flyers. He was selected by Philadelphia with the No. 2 pick of the 2017 NHL Draft.

yisman

There was relief from the Detroit Red Wings when defenseman Jared McIsaac appeared to be OK after he lost consciousness following a scary incident night. “Hit his head on the glass, hit his head on the ice. Lost consciousness for a little bit. Went to the hospital and was evaluated. He’s thankfully doing well — he's moving his arms, moving his legs. He’s coherent, talking. It’s not as bad as it initially looked.”

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

There was relief from the Detroit Red Wings when defenseman Jared McIsaac appeared to be OK after he lost consciousness following a scary incident night. “Hit his head on the glass, hit his head on the ice. Lost consciousness for a little bit. Went to the hospital and was evaluated. He’s thankfully doing well — he's moving his arms, moving his legs. He’s coherent, talking. It’s not as bad as it initially looked.”
    Scary situation , glad he is doing better .

yisman

The Minnesota Wild re-signed left winger Kirill Kaprizov to a five-year, $45 million deal, ending a stalemate with the reigning Calder Trophy winner as the NHL's rookie of the year.

mr. leisure

NHL investigation regarding Evander Kane completed

No evidence of gambling on League games uncovered; investigation into separate allegations of wrongdoing ongoing

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today that it had concluded its investigation of allegations that San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane gambled on League games, having found no evidence to support those allegations, or allegations that Mr. Kane made any effort to negatively impact his own Club's games.

The extensive investigation of the allegations, which were made in social media posts by Mr. Kane's wife Deanna, was conducted by Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP in conjunction with NHL Security.
    The report states: "The investigation included a detailed review of social media, public data, and court filings from the bankruptcy proceeding initiated by Mr. Kane in January 2021 and his pending divorce proceeding; a review of sports betting data and analysis; and in person and virtual interviews of members of the Sharks organization and others, including Mr. Kane. It should be noted that Ms. Kane refused to participate in the investigation.
    "The investigation uncovered no evidence to corroborate Ms. Kane's accusations that Mr. Kane bet or otherwise participated in gambling on NHL games, and no evidence to corroborate the allegations that Mr. Kane 'threw' games or did not put forward his best effort to help the Sharks win games. To the contrary, the evidence raises doubts about the veracity of the allegations.
    "While Mr. Kane denied the accusations, our findings are not based on these denials but instead on other evidence uncovered during the investigation.
    The investigators analyzed relevant gambling information provided by Sportradar, a leader in the fields of sports data collection and analysis.
    "We requested and received from Sportradar bet monitoring reports and analyses on Sharks games from the latter part of the 2018-19 season, including the 2019 Playoffs, and the 2020-2021 season."
    The report concludes: "Our review of public and non-public documents relating to Mr. Kane, including data and analysis from a leading sports integrity service, and our interviews of those individuals most familiar with Mr. Kane's on-ice performance over the past three seasons yielded no evidence to corroborate Ms. Kane's allegations that her husband gambled on NHL games or 'threw' hockey games."
    During the course of this investigation, however, two additional matters were brought to our attention which we feel require further investigation and study. Both allege potential wrongdoing by Mr. Kane, one involving serious accusations relating to his past behavior toward Ms. Kane and the other involving allegations of inappropriate behavior potentially jeopardizing the health and safety of Club members. These matters are being thoroughly investigated and the National Hockey League will have no further comment regarding their substance pending completion of that process.
    While reserving the right to investigate any new information that might arise relating to the gambling allegations, the National Hockey League now considers that specific matter closed.

yisman

Robert Thomas has agreed to terms on a two-year contract with the St. Louis Blues worth an annual average value of $2.8 million.
    Thomas will be on the ice for training camp when it begins Thursday at Centene Community Ice Center and was the last remaining restricted free agent left to sign.

mr. leisure

Sabres star Jack Eichel fails physical, is no longer captain of team

The Sabres and Eichel have not been able to agree on how to treat his herniated disk, an injury that has sidelined him for six months

We've entered the latest chapter of drama between Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres. It was reported on Thursday that the star failed his physical. Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams, in a statement announcing that Eichel has been moved to the injured reserve, said the team has absolute trust in its own doctors.
    "Jack Eichel's health is most important to the organization," he said. "We were hoping to avoid surgery, but it is needed. Eichel will not accept Sabres' desire for fusion surgery."
    He also announced that the 24-year-old Eichel is no longer a captain on the team.
    "I feel the captain is the heartbeat of your team. I felt that we needed to address that," Adams said.

The Sabres and Eichel have not been able to agree on how to treat his herniated disk, an injury that has sidelined him for six months. Eichel is looking to have artificial disk replacement surgery, but, because this procedure has never been done on an NHL player, the team wants him to have the disk fused instead.
    Teams are able to have the last word on how a player deals with and treats an injury, which is under the NHL's new collective bargaining agreement. Oh course, that doesn't mean Eichel has to agree to anything. At this point, the team can suspend Eichel, which would only add to this saga.

The Sabres selected Eichel with the No. 2 pick in the 2015 draft. He currently has five years left on an eight-year, $80 million contract.

yisman

Sabres need to trade Eichel

Sabres won't be competitive for another decade it seems like

mr. leisure

[QUOTE=yisman;30548907]Sabres need to trade Eichel

He has 5 years left on a 80 million dollar contract .

hotcross

Meanwhile, defenseman Rasmus Dahlin agreed to a 3-year contract extension with the Sabres.

Kings goalie Calvin Petersen also took a 3-year extension.

yisman

When the Penguins first announced that Evgeni Malkin underwent successful knee surgery back in June, they said a more definitive time frame for his return would be provided around training camp.
    And general manager Ron Hextall kept his word, providing that time frame when the team took the ice on Thursday at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex.

"Geno is not going to play for at least the first two months," Hextall said. "That's where we're at right now."
    Hextall also provided an update on the captain, saying that Sidney Crosby is on track with the time frame he was given - a minimum of six weeks - after undergoing successful wrist surgery on Sept. 8.

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    When the Penguins first announced that Evgeni Malkin underwent successful knee surgery back in June, they said a more definitive time frame for his return would be provided around training camp.
    And general manager Ron Hextall kept his word, providing that time frame when the team took the ice on Thursday at UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex.

"Geno is not going to play for at least the first two months," Hextall said. "That's where we're at right now."
    Hextall also provided an update on the captain, saying that Sidney Crosby is on track with the time frame he was given - a minimum of six weeks - after undergoing successful wrist surgery on Sept. 8.
    Lots of injuries already for the Pens .

hotcross

did anyone notice the start of the pre-season aka training camp today, in the midst of the College Football action?

7pm Montreal at Toronto

8pm Minnesota at St.Louis

all times eastern

yisman

John Tavares scored in his return from injury, the Maple Leafs played in front of their home fans for the first time in more than 18 months, and Toronto beat the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 in the opener on the NHL’s pre-season calendar Saturday.

hotcross

both Home teams won on Saturday (and covered the puckline)

Sunday has 9 games scheduled, beginning at 2pm eastern

Seattle Kraken host the Vancouver Canucks at 9pm eastern

mr. leisure

Going to be an exciting season .

yisman

draftkings actually offers preseason NHL DFS

I won't play it, though

mr. leisure

Kraken won their first game tonight .

yisman

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...eer/ar-AAOSOfE

Tom Wilson is, without a doubt, the NHL’s most divisive player. Washington Capitals fans, rightly, love Wilson’s pestering style of hockey while also contributing offensively in the team’s top six.
    The rest of the NHL, on the other hand, despise Wilson’s dirty play and cheap shots, all while the league does nothing to curb his dangerous hitting habits. In his eight-year NHL career — spanning 569 games before the start of the 2021-22 season — Wilson has 221 points and an astounding 1,123 penalty minutes.

Yes, Wilson nearly has double the amount of penalty minutes as games played in the NHL.
    With a total of five suspensions, a handful of fines, and countless dustups across the league, Wilson has been a busy player since entering the NHL in the 2013-14 season.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Wait. This in nhl pre season right?

When does regular season start

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Wait. This in nhl pre season right?

When does regular season start
    Tuesday october 12, two games :

Pittsburgh / TB

Seattle / LV

yisman

The National Hockey League and Adidas dropped a league-wide jersey change on us this morning, and while the primary focus was on the new more environmentally-friendly construction of the sweaters, there was some interesting new design features incorporated as well.
    They’ll be known as Adidas ADIZERO Primegreen jerseys, made with a minimum of 50% recycled content while still retaining their high-performance materials. The new jerseys will be worn by all 32 teams on the ice beginning with the start of the 2021-22 regular season two weeks from now.

First 12345 ... Last