Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Nash, your Royals were burying my Cubs about a week ago. Crazy how that has changed so quick!

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10101

the over squeaked by in the dodgers game

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Wow just watched the Gerrit Cole soon rate video.

Just how can they stop this cheating scandal

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Nash, your Royals were burying my Cubs about a week ago. Crazy how that has changed so quick!
    Royals bats have gone cold after they got off to a great start. If they don't get much production from their offense they're going to struggle because their pitching is average at best. Didn't take long for the White Sox to ascend to the top of the division like many predicted prior to the season starting.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Jacob deGrom is scheduled to start Sunday’s game against the Diamondbacks, as the Mets ace reported no ill effects after a bullpen session. DeGrom was scratched from his last start on Tuesday due to inflammation in his right lat, but “as we did the due diligence and work on it, it wasn’t something that anyone thought was a major issue,” Mets GM Zack Scott told The New York Daily News’ Deesha Thosar and other reporters.
    In other Mets injury news, Scott said that Seth Lugo and Noah Syndergaard will begin rehab outings “in a week or so,” with Lugo (bone spur removal surgery) expected to make his 2021 debut by the end of May, and Syndergaard (Tommy John surgery) still ticketed for sometime in June. The news isn’t as good for infielder Luis Guillorme, as Thosar tweeted yesterday that Guillorme is still feeling discomfort in his injured right oblique when he takes swings. Guillorme is eligible to be activated from the injured list on Sunday, but he might not return for another week.
    More from around baseball…

• Luis Robert is facing a long absence from the White Sox lineup, but the outfielder will apparently avoid surgery on his Grade 3 hip flexor strain, the team revealed in its pregame notes package (hat tip to MLB.com’s Scott Merkin). That likely counts as a small bit of good news for Robert, though it probably won’t materially change the possibility that his season could already be over. The Sox have already announced that Robert will need 12-to-16 weeks just to resume baseball activities.
    • Adalberto Mondesi has yet to play this season due to a right oblique strain, though Royals manager Mike Matheny provided reporters (including MLB.com’s Bill Ladson) with another positive update on the shortstop’s condition. The switch-hitting Mondesi cannot yet hit from the left side of the plate, though he can take batting practice and swing normally as a right-handed hitter. Mondesi will soon be working out at the Royals’ Spring Training facility, and it isn’t yet known when he might embark on a rehab assignment.
    • Rockies first baseman C.J. Cron has missed the team’s last two games due to lower back tightness, and manager Bud Black told The Denver Post’s Patrick Saunders and other reporters that it isn’t yet clear if Cron will require an IL placement. “We’re hoping it resolves itself the next day or two, to avoid the injured list…I think tomorrow and Monday are really big days when we evaluate C.J.,” Black said. Signed to a minor league deal during the offseason, Cron has been a huge contributor for the Rockies, hitting .290/.394/.495 with five homers over his first 109 PA in a Colorado uniform.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

let's see what Degrom has

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Padres offense in paper looks great but they haven't been producing as good as it looks on paper
    The offense has been pathetic so far. Hopefully they wake up soon.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Ironic.
    I was just about to post I'm in the middle of an infamous KC Royal slide.
    They do this every year to me.

Even in 2015 we started out like 7 and 0.
    2015 without checking I think we had 4 five game win streaks and 4 five game losing streaks.

You want to root for the worlds most streakiest team.
    KC Royals are it.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Degrom under F5 innings.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Degrom under F5 innings.
    -300 again
    Mets (not deGrom) but the Mets when he starts is a money making fade.
    They can't give him any less run support.

Ridiculous 46 percent K rate.
    Insane!

stevenash

*edit*
    Double post

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Let’s hope DeGrom is ok, his ERA is like .6 right now, lol. He is playing a video game.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    The offense has been pathetic so far. Hopefully they wake up soon.
    They woke up big time today against Cueto but I almost expected it with Cueto likely rusty and the Giants taking the first two games. Can't keep a good team like the Padres down for too long before they start playing like they're capable of.

EmpireMaker

4:18 pm: New York is sending deGrom for an MRI “just to see what’s going on,” manager Luis Rojas told reporters (including Anthony DiComo of MLB.com). Rojas says deGrom’s current discomfort is in the right side of his lower back, not his lat.
    2:15 pm: The Mets announced deGrom was removed for precautionary reasons with right side tightness (via David Lennon of Newsday).
    1:56 pm: Mets ace Jacob deGrom left this afternoon’s start against the Diamondbacks early after a visit from the team trainer, Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News was among those to pass along (Twitter link). deGrom worked five innings before leaving during his warm-up pitches to start the sixth.
    Any premature departure for the two-time NL Cy Young award winner would cause concern, but it’s especially alarming to see deGrom pulled after he was scratched from his previous start with right lat inflammation. deGrom did come out strong today, holding his typical high-90’s velocity over five frames of one-hit, one-run ball.
    The 32-year-old has been nothing short of incredible this season. He’s now up to 40 innings with a 0.68 ERA and a fantastic 46.1% strikeout rate against a 5.0% walk rate. So long as he’s healthy, deGrom looks on his way to another Cy Young-caliber campaign, and he’s of upmost importance if the 15-13 Mets are to remain atop the National League East over the course of the season.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    They woke up big time today against Cueto but I almost expected it with Cueto likely rusty and the Giants taking the first two games. Can't keep a good team like the Padres down for too long before they start playing like they're capable of.
    Still not impressed. I need to see a prolonged stretch of quality play.

Otters27

Wow Red Sox with the best record and Tigers with the worst

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    I married into a Red Sox family.
    Told my wife in March the lineup can hit, especially on top and if they get any sort of pitching and tread water until Sale comes back in July, then you might have something.

I'm OK with Boston, the fans can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but they are both wicked smart and loyal.
    I love the city and the park too, so I'm OK with the Boston Red Sox.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    4:18 pm: New York is sending deGrom for an MRI “just to see what’s going on,” manager Luis Rojas told reporters (including Anthony DiComo of MLB.com). Rojas says deGrom’s current discomfort is in the right side of his lower back, not his lat.
    2:15 pm: The Mets announced deGrom was removed for precautionary reasons with right side tightness (via David Lennon of Newsday).
    1:56 pm: Mets ace Jacob deGrom left this afternoon’s start against the Diamondbacks early after a visit from the team trainer, Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News was among those to pass along (Twitter link). deGrom worked five innings before leaving during his warm-up pitches to start the sixth.
    Any premature departure for the two-time NL Cy Young award winner would cause concern, but it’s especially alarming to see deGrom pulled after he was scratched from his previous start with right lat inflammation. deGrom did come out strong today, holding his typical high-90’s velocity over five frames of one-hit, one-run ball.
    The 32-year-old has been nothing short of incredible this season. He’s now up to 40 innings with a 0.68 ERA and a fantastic 46.1% strikeout rate against a 5.0% walk rate. So long as he’s healthy, deGrom looks on his way to another Cy Young-caliber campaign, and he’s of upmost importance if the 15-13 Mets are to remain atop the National League East over the course of the season.

disappointed to see such an amazing start to a season curtailed

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

One is surprising and the other is not.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

I would expect the Dodgers and the Padres to have best record but wow

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Back to a nice docket of games tomorrow.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Back to a nice docket of games tomorrow.
    Yeah today's slate wasn't that exciting even though my Giants keep winning. Much prefer the bigger slate of games because there's more betting opportunities to choose from.

EmpireMaker

he Dodgers have gone almost the entire season without superstar slugger Cody Bellinger, but it appears he’s making progress in his recovery from a hairline fracture in his left leg. The former MVP has begun running, as he posted on Instagram on Monday (h/t: David Vassagh of AM 570 LA Sports). As Vassagh notes, that seems to indicate he’s closing in on a return. The Dodgers haven’t gotten any contributions from Bellinger since April 5, and while they fared swimmingly without him for a few weeks, they’ve been mired in a downward spiral of late. Since beginning the season a white-hot 13-2, the reigning World Series champions have dropped 15 of 20 to fall to 18-17 and 2 1/2 games back of the National League-leading Giants. While Los Angeles has received great production from Mookie Betts and Chris Taylor, who have filled in for Bellinger in center field, they’ll certainly be thrilled to add the latter back into their lineup when he’s ready.
    Bellinger opened this season just 4-for-19 over 21 plate appearances, but there’s no reason to believe he won’t rebound if he’s healthy. The 25-year-old has put up tremendous numbers since debuting in 2017, and after starting off slowly in 2020, he went on a second-half tear to help LA to a title.

stevenash

Pirates just cut Todd Frazier.
    He was done a couple of years ago.
    Agings batters never find the fountain of youth.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    disappointed to see such an amazing start to a season curtailed
    Ya that stinks to see great players get injured.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Pirates just cut Todd Frazier.
    He was done a couple of years ago.
    Agings batters never find the fountain of youth.
    that guy went downhill so fast

no one wanted him after spring training and was released. but ended up back on the Pirates farm system. only got back to MLB due to so many injuries.

I honestly thought he had to be close to retiring after a 1 for 31 start

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10101

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    he Dodgers have gone almost the entire season without superstar slugger Cody Bellinger, but it appears he’s making progress in his recovery from a hairline fracture in his left leg. The former MVP has begun running, as he posted on Instagram on Monday (h/t: David Vassagh of AM 570 LA Sports). As Vassagh notes, that seems to indicate he’s closing in on a return. The Dodgers haven’t gotten any contributions from Bellinger since April 5, and while they fared swimmingly without him for a few weeks, they’ve been mired in a downward spiral of late. Since beginning the season a white-hot 13-2, the reigning World Series champions have dropped 15 of 20 to fall to 18-17 and 2 1/2 games back of the National League-leading Giants. While Los Angeles has received great production from Mookie Betts and Chris Taylor, who have filled in for Bellinger in center field, they’ll certainly be thrilled to add the latter back into their lineup when he’s ready.
    Bellinger opened this season just 4-for-19 over 21 plate appearances, but there’s no reason to believe he won’t rebound if he’s healthy. The 25-year-old has put up tremendous numbers since debuting in 2017, and after starting off slowly in 2020, he went on a second-half tear to help LA to a title.
    Giants with 21 wins already....albeit not against the best teams for the most part but a win is still a win.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Giants with 21 wins already....albeit not against the best teams for the most part but a win is still a win.
    I watched and paid attention to all three of their past weekend games.
    They got the right stuff. That division is brutal though.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

I thought the Giants only won the world series in even numbered years??

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    I thought the Giants only won the world series in even numbered years??
    Giants will win it all this year

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Man I really thought the spot for the Royals against the Tigers was a get right spot so of course I bet them and for the first 7 innings they shit the bed. Then Jorge Soler teased me by driving in 6 runs and helping the Royals erase the 7 run deficit only to lose the game in the bottom of the 9th. I went 2-1 in MLB today but that one loss is always the bet you remember and the one that sticks with you.

EmpireMaker

4:34pm: Tatis tested positive for COVID-19 and is asymptomatic, Dennis Lin of The Athletic tweets. Profar and Mateo are in contact tracing. To fill their open roster spots, the Padres selected the contract of outfielder John Andreoli and recalled a pair of players – infielder/outfielder Tucupita Marcano and righty Nabil Crismatt – per a club announcement.
    3:34pm: The Padres announced that they have placed shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr. and utilitymen Jurickson Profar and Jorge Mateo on the injured list because of Major League Baseball’s health and safety protocols. They’ll decide on corresponding moves before their game against the Rockies on Tuesday.
    As is typically the case in COVID-related situations, there isn’t any word on how much time any of these players will miss. Regardless, it’s a blow to the Padres’ offensive depth. Tatis has gotten off to an effective start, albeit with much less on-base ability than he flashed in his first two seasons, having batted .240/.315/.552 with nine home runs and seven stolen bases in 108 plate appearances. Profar owns a far less imposing .234/.333/.308 line with a home run and five steals over 128 PA, though he has shown off defensive versatility by lining up at first base, second base and both corner outfield spots. And Mateo has hit a useful .250/.325/.417 through his first 40 trips to the plate this year.
    This is the second time this year the Padres will have to go some time without Tatis, who was on the 10-day IL for part of April on account of a shoulder injury. They used Jake Cronenworth and Ha-Seong Kim at short in Tatis’ absence then. Profar, meanwhile, has been the Padres’ primary starter in left field, but Tommy Pham hasn’t been far behind. He figures to get the lion’s share of action there with Profar out.

stevenash

Enough already.

I get that kC’s hot start was an anomaly and a 65 percent win rate is impossible to sustain and all, but this current losing streak can’t be sustained as well.

KC is now losing to batting practice pitchers on the Detroit Tigers.

Proving once again a MLB team is not as good as it’s winning streak and conversely not as bad as it’s losing streak.

I have one simple request, I’m a nice guy, I help little old ladies across the street, I say my prayers, I take my vitamins and all.

Can we please get a win today?
    Is this too much to ask?

Otters27

Early day games today!!!!!

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Enough already.

I get that kC’s hot start was an anomaly and a 65 percent win rate is impossible to sustain and all, but this current losing streak can’t be sustained as well.

KC is now losing to batting practice pitchers on the Detroit Tigers.

Proving once again a MLB team is not as good as it’s winning streak and conversely not as bad as it’s losing streak.

I have one simple request, I’m a nice guy, I help little old ladies across the street, I say my prayers, I take my vitamins and all.

Can we please get a win today?
    Is this too much to ask?
    Almost had a great comeback last night.

First ... 35363738394041 ... Last