LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

NFL Player News - Week of 6/1/20

Bengals | Tee Higgins the go-to guy?
    Cincinnati Bengals WR Tee Higgins could 'possibly emerge' as the No. 1 receiver for QB Joe Burrow as soon as 2021, according to Jay Morrison of The Athletic.
    Link to story

Dolphins | Mike Gesicki popular in red zone
    Miami Dolphins TE Mike Gesicki was one of four tight ends to see double-digit end zone targets during the 2019 season.
    Link to story
    Mike Gesicki player page

Giants | Saquon Barkley finished on high note
    New York Giants RB Saquon Barkley averaged 131 rushing yards on 6.24 yards per carry in the final three games of the 2019 season, and he scored five of his eight total touchdowns in that span.
    Link to story
    Saquon Barkley player page

Bills | Josh Allen in rare company
    Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen has 17 rushing touchdowns in 27 career starts. Only free-agent QB Cam Newton (Panthers) has had more rushing touchdowns in his first 27 starts.
    Link to story
    Josh Allen player page

Bengals | John Ross dangerous after the catch
    Cincinnati Bengals WR John Ross averaged 7.3 yards after the catch in 2019 - tied for the fourth-highest average in the league among players who amassed 50 targets last season.
    Link to story
    John Ross player page

Rams | Robert Woods a YAC monster
    Los Angeles Rams WR Robert Woods registered 613 yards after the catch in 2019 - the third-highest total in the league.
    Link to story
    Robert Woods player page

49ers | George Kittle a nightmare in the open field
    San Francisco 49ers TE George Kittle has compiled two of the three best seasons for a tight end in terms of producing yards after the catch since at least 2015 over the last two years. His 871 receiving yards after the catch in 2018 are the most by any player over the last five seasons (and 208 more yards than second-place Travis Kelce compiled in 2016), while his 623 receiving yards after the catch in 2019 led all tight ends and trailed only Chris Godwin (629) among all players last season.
    Link to story
    Travis Kelce player page
    Chris Godwin player page
    George Kittle player page

Jets | No shortage of receiving work for Le'Veon Bell
    New York Jets RB Le'Veon Bell has enjoyed a target share of between 17 and 18 percent in four of his last five seasons, with the only exception coming in 2015 (15 percent). His 17.3 percent share in 2019 was the second-highest mark of his career.
    Link to story
    Le'Veon Bell player page

Browns | Kareem Hunt heavily used in passing game
    Cleveland Browns RB Kareem Hunt ranked sixth among running backs with 44 targets from Week 10 until the end of the 2019 regular season. Additionally, Hunt's 49 slot snaps also ranked sixth among running backs in the league for the year despite playing only eight games.
    Footballguys view: Expect this type of usage to continue all season long. Hunt will work behind starter Nick Chubb, but he's going to get plenty of touches in this offense. That role gives him plenty of flex appeal for Fantasy GMs in 2020.
    Link to story
    Kareem Hunt player page

Dolphins | Preston Williams busy prior to injury
    Miami Dolphins WR Preston Williams (knee) attracted at least seven targets in six of his eight games last season, including nine in the Week 9 win over the New York Jets in which he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament. In the four games in which he logged at least 50 offensive snaps, Williams also compiled at least eight targets, four catches and 68 yards receiving three times.
    Footballguys view: Williams looked good before he went down with a knee injury. He's had plenty of time to fully recover but we're expecting the team to ease him into action when training camp rolls around. We'll see if he can look like his old self in the preseason.
    Link to story
    Preston Williams player page

Falcons | Calvin Ridley erupted after Mohamed Sanu trade
    Atlanta Falcons WR Calvin Ridley was on track for 66 catches for 853 yards and nine touchdowns on 101 targets prior to the Falcons trading Mohamed Sanu to the New England Patriots following a Week 7 loss. Over his final six games and before succumbing to an abdomen injury that ended his season prior to Week 15, Ridley's 16-game pace over the final six contests was 91 receptions for 1,315 yards and eight touchdowns on 131 targets.
    Footballguys view: Ridley's touchdown rate is among the highest in the NFL over the past two seasons. We'll see how TE Hayden Hurst works into the passing game this year as the Falcons picked him up to replace Austin Hooper. Ridley could be in for career-best numbers in 2020 and might surpass 1,000 yards receiving for the first time in his pro career.
    Link to story
    Calvin Ridley player page

Vikings | Irv Smith picked it up sans Adam Thielen
    Minnesota Vikings TE Irv Smith amassed a mere seven scoreless catches on eight targets over his first six NFL games in 2019. Beginning in Week 7 when WR Adam Thielen suffered a hamstring injury - an ailment that limited him to three receptions and three games the rest of the regular season - on his only catch of the game, Smith totaled 29 catches on 39 targets and scored two touchdowns.
    Footballguys view: Smith did a good job as a rookie, working in a TEBC with Kyle Rudolph. That duo will continue to make a difference this season. We'll see if guys like Smith help pick up the slack with WR Stefon Diggs traded away to the Bills.
    Link to story
    Irv Smith player page

Redskins | Dwayne Haskins took a huge step forward late
    Washington Redskins QB Dwayne Haskins took a combined three sacks and went 31-of-43 (72 percent) as a passer for 394 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions over his final two starts of 2019. In his first seven appearances as a pro (five starts), he was sacked an average of 3.7 times and went 88-for-160 (55 percent) as a passer for 971 yards, three touchdowns and seven interceptions.
    Footballguys view: There is no doubt that Haskins flashed ability as a rookie...he just didn't get much time to prove himself. He'll compete in training camp with Kyle Allen for the starting job. The last coaching regime brought in Haskins as a first-round pick in the 2019 NFL draft. He'll have to prove himself to new head coach Ron Rivera, and if he plays like he did late last year then that shouldn't be a problem.
    Link to story
    Dwayne Haskins player page

Broncos | Several TEs may compete for two spots
    Denver Broncos TEs Albert Okwuegbunam, Austin Fort and Jake Butt are expected to be competing for two roster spots during training camp. Okwuegbunam is considered a favorite for one of the spots.
    Footballguys view: Okwuegbunam was a favorite target of Drew Lock during their playing days together in college at Mizzou. He caught 17 touchdown passes from Lock in two seasons and could be a red-zone threat for the Broncos in 2020 and beyond. Fort looked good in training camp last year as an undrafted rookie out of Wyoming. A knee injury forced him to miss all of 2019. Speaking of knee injuries, Jake Butt just can't stay healthy due to a few knee issues that have plagued his game in college and the pros.
    Link to story
    Jake Butt player page

Ravens | Lamar Jackson may go deep more often
    Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson hopefully will try more downfield throws this upcoming season when the team faces one-on-one coverage, according to head coach John Harbaugh. 'Those corners are going to be one-on-one and those safeties are going to be one-on-one against receivers, especially on downfield throws, and we got to make them pay for it,' Harbaugh said. 'I really do believe that's the next step for this offense from an execution standpoint. I really do believe Lamar is going to take the next step and our receivers are going to take the next step.'
    Footballguys view: So long as his targets are healthy (Marquise Brown specifically), Jackson should be able to have quite a bit of success as a deep passer. His rushing ability means teams are going to be sucked up to the line in order to contain Jackson as a runner. That leaves deep shots in 1-on-1 situations that Jackson could take advantage of.
    Link to story
    Lamar Jackson player page

Browns | Cleveland may use top RBs together
    Cleveland Browns RBs Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt probably will be on the field at the same time on occasion this upcoming season, in the opinion of The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot.
    Footballguys view: The Browns have a talented duo and using both just makes the most sense. Chubb will be the primary back and should be a fantasy force as a RB1 must-start every week. Hunt has flex appeal in PPR leagues because of how the team can use him as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. Chubb has a current ADP of RB10 (2.02) while Hunt is going off the board at RB28 (5.11) in 12-team PPR leagues.
    Link to story
    Kareem Hunt player page
    Nick Chubb player page

Bills | Stefon Diggs only working with Josh Allen
    Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs has only worked with QB Josh Allen during drills at the recent workouts in Florida.
    Footballguys view: Allen and Diggs should be the top duo for the Bills and their passing attack this year. The Bills needed an upgrade at the position and they get that when they traded for Diggs. Allen needs to be more accurate and have better pass placement but having a receiver like Diggs (who can go up and get it no matter where the throw is placed) should greatly help. Allen's rushing ability makes him a potential top-10 fantasy quarterback. If Allen plays better, then Diggs could easily outperform his current ADP of WR21 (5.03) in 12-team PPR leagues.
    Link to story
    Stefon Diggs player page
    Josh Allen player page

Source: footballguys.com

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

usually i start getting excited for football when june 1st arrives....however, i got a bad feeling in my stomach that this season will be delayed/shortened. i hope i'm proven wrong.

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

John Ross should be a good fantasy pickup this year. I think he may be targeted a lot

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47440

Quote Originally Posted by cjwatsonfan32 View Post
    John Ross should be a good fantasy pickup this year. I think he may be targeted a lot
    The guy has been inured more than he has been on the field. I don't trust him he has proven to be fragile.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1424

Well they should b playing from behind a lot

even w joe they need a yer

LT Profits

Tuesday Update

Rams | Cooper Kupp's job getting easier each year
    Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp has seen his average depth of catch decline each year, going from 9.0 yards as a rookie in 2017 to 8.3 in 2018 and 7.0 in 2019.
    Link to story
    Cooper Kupp player page

49ers | Deebo Samuel made it happen after the catch
    San Francisco 49ers WR Deebo Samuel was one of only two receivers (Mecole Hardman) with at least 40 targets in 2019 whose yardage after catch average (8.5) was higher than his average depth of target (7.4).
    Link to story
    Deebo Samuel player page

Texans | Brandin Cooks primed to rebound?
    Houston Texans WR Brandin Cooks' catch rate of 59.2 percent in 2019 with the Los Angeles Rams was the second-lowest mark of his career, and Jared Goff recorded a passer rating of only 83.2 when throwing in his direction. However, Cooks' catch rate in three of his previous four seasons was at least 65.1 percent, and his quarterbacks over that stretch enjoyed a passer rating of 103.2 or better in each of the four years when targeting him.
    Link to story
    Brandin Cooks player page

Chiefs | Travis Kelce always a friendly target
    Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce has caught no fewer than 83.5 percent of his catchable targets over the last five seasons, and quarterbacks have recorded a passer rating no worse than 105.8 over that stretch. In 2019, he hauled in 84.3 percent of his 115 catchable targets and his quarterbacks recorded a 112.2 passer rating when targeting him.
    Link to story
    Travis Kelce player page

Patriots | Mohamed Sanu's hands betrayed him after trade
    New England Patriots WR Mohamed Sanu caught 89.2 percent of his 37 catchable targets as a member of the Atlanta Falcons in 2019, but that figure dropped to 72.2 percent on his 36 catchable targets following his midseason trade to the Patriots.
    Link to story
    Mohamed Sanu player page

Panthers | D.J. Moore flashed sure hands in 2019
    Carolina Panthers WR D.J. Moore caught 92.6 percent of his 94 catchable targets in 2019, according to Sports Info Solutions.
    Link to story
    D.J. Moore player page

NCAA | Justyn Ross to miss 2020 season
    Clemson WR Justyn Ross (spine) will miss the 2020 season after X-rays revealed a congenital fusion in his spine. Ross will undergo surgery in the near future.
    Footballguys view: His career may now be in jeopardy due to this injury. With Tee Higgins drafted to the NFL (Bengals), Ross was going to be the focal point of the Clemson passing attack. Ross finished last season with 66 catches for 865 yards and eight touchdowns.
    Link to story

Raiders | More on Henry Ruggs' injury
    Updating a previous report, Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III (thigh) suffered an injury to his thigh during his off-field accident, according to his father. Ruggs said he is feeling good.
    Footballguys view: Ruggs will take it easy while he recovers from this injury. When training camp starts, we'll have a better update on the rookie's condition. Ruggs has elite speed and is in line to be the no.1 receiver for the Raiders in 2020.
    Link to story

Colts | Coach excited about Mo Alie-Cox
    Indianapolis Colts TE Mo Alie-Cox is a player that head coach Frank Reich believes is in line for a productive season in 2020. Reich said Alie-Cox significantly improves his route running last season.
    Footballguys view: Alie-Cox never played college football, but the Colts picked him up as an undrafted free agent in 2017. He played college basketball at VCU, and that's the skill set he brings to the football field. Alie-Cox is big, athletic and knows how to use his frame to 'box out' smaller defenders. We'll see what kind of role Alie-Cox can carve out behind starting tight end Jack Doyle.
    Link to story

Colts | Nyheim Hines on track for big role
    Indianapolis Colts RB Nyheim Hines will have a prominent role in the offense this upcoming season as the third-down back, according to head coach Frank Reich.
    Footballguys view: Hines could work well with new QB Philip Rivers. When he was with the Chargers, Rivers made a fantasy star out of RB Austin Ekeler because of how much he targeted him as a receiver out of the backfield. The team has Marlon Mack and rookie Jonathan Taylor to split the workload as runners, but Hines is clearly their best receiving back. That gives him deep flex appeal at least in PPR leagues for the 2020 season.
    Link to story
    Nyheim Hines player page

NFL | Antonio Brown is working with Deion Sanders
    Updating previous reports, free-agent WR Antonio Brown (Patriots) is working out with NFL Hall of Fame CB Deion Sanders. 'My son came to town to WORK! On his Game,on his Life,On his Thoughts,on his Tomorrow & on ANTONIO BROWN!' Sanders wrote on Instagram. 'I Love him to life and I can't wait to witness this comeback Story called A,B & See. I know what I know and I pray u all get to see what I know to be true about ANTONIO BROWN. God bless all y'all and please have a productive peaceful day we are Growing & Going !'
    Footballguys view: Brown is trying to get back into the league, and we'll see if any team wants to take a chance on him. His physical talent is still great and he could be productive in the league to this day. However, off-field incidents and antics have become his calling card as of late and that is keeping teams away.
    Link to story
    Antonio Brown player page

Browns | Baker Mayfield buys into Kevin Stefanski's ways
    Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield has been buying into the ways of new head coach Kevin Stefanski. The third-year quarterback has been 'moving in silence,' which is a dramatic change for the normally outspoken Mayfield.
    Footballguys view: This is good news for the Browns and Fantasy GMs if it leads to better play. He was asked to tone down his rhetoric by Stefanski, and Mayfield has taken it to heart, which some around the team view as a sign of improving maturity. This new system, better protection in front of him and more weapons around him could lead Mayfield to outplay his current ADP of QB14 (10.10) in 12-team PPR leagues.
    Link to story
    Baker Mayfield player page

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18797

Can never go wrong with Travis Kelce as TE

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    usually i start getting excited for football when june 1st arrives....however, i got a bad feeling in my stomach that this season will be delayed/shortened. i hope i'm proven wrong.
    It's not the same

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

It's only gonna take 1 guy to test positive for the NFL to consider shutting things down.

cjwatsonfan32

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    It's only gonna take 1 guy to test positive for the NFL to consider shutting things down.

Oh they wouldn’t let that news get out

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4829

kneeling is going to ruin the 2020 Season.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Can never go wrong with Travis Kelce as TE
    That's for sure. I made a huge error by passing on him last year.

LT Profits

Wednesday Update

Patriots | Jarrett Stidham draws lofty comparison
    New England Patriots QB Jarrett Stidham drew praise from Chris Simms of Pro Football Talk when he was compared to a former Dallas Cowboys quarterback. 'First off, I loved (Stidham) coming out of college,' Simms said. 'I saw a lot of him in preseason last year, and loved the way he looked. Really, when you look at him, there's nothing to say or look at him physically and go, 'Oh, there's a weakness to his football game.' He reminds me a little of Tony Romo. He's a very pure thrower of the football. He's got great mechanics, he's natural that way. He's smart, and we know he's being well-schooled up there in New England.'He doesn't have as strong of an arm as Tom Brady, but it's not far off - it's right there in that range. It's a really good arm, and he's a good athlete. Not an athlete that's going to run for a ton of yards, but can move around the pocket and extend plays that way. That's what I'm excited about with Jarrett Stidham: He's got great feel. He's a natural at playing the quarterback position, let alone, he's got skills that can really shine and stand out as well.'
    Link to story
    Jarrett Stidham player page

Broncos | Denver's top four receivers set?
    Denver Broncos WRs Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler and Tim Patrick are considered locks to make the 2020 team, according to Ryan O'Halloran of The Denver Post. WRs Diontae Spencer, DaeSean Hamilton, Tyrie Cleveland and Juwann Winfree will compete for the returner and sixth receiver jobs.
    Link to story
    Courtland Sutton player page
    DaeSean Hamilton player page
    Juwann Winfree player page

Patriots | Sony Michel heavily used in 2019
    New England Patriots RB Sony Michel led all NFL running backs with a touch rate of 63 percent in 2019.
    Footballguys view: Michel had almost 40 more carries than he did as a rookie in 2018 but his YPC dropped from 4.5 to just 3.7. The Patriots use other backs in the passing game, which limits Michel's value from a fantasy perspective. Michel is an RB4 with upside for Fantasy GMs.
    Link to story
    Sony Michel player page

Broncos | Phillip Lindsay feels better in new offense
    Denver Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay said he feels the team's new offense will be better suited to him in 2020. He also said he added about eight pounds this offseason.
    Footballguys view: Lindsay is now going to be a backup to Melvin Gordon in 2020 after coming off back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. New offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur is usually a one-back coach, which is unlikely to be the case now in Denver. Simply put, Lindsay is too good to keep off the field. That means Gordon should be the lead back and catch plenty of passes out of the backfield. Lindsay could carve out around 10-12 touches per game as a runner and receiver. That makes him a RB4 with upside for Fantasy GMs in 2020.
    Link to story
    Phillip Lindsay player page

Steelers | James Conner not counting carries
    Pittsburgh Steelers RB James Conner said Tuesday, June 2, he won't be keeping track of how many carries he gets in 2020. 'It's our job to be at our best no matter how many carries,' Conner said, via Ed Bouchette of TheAthletic.com. 'We got to start fast, we have to hit first as a back. That's what I'm going to take pride in this year, just to start fast, whether I'm the guy, however this year works. I said the goal is to win. We need to be ready at all times. Can't warm up to it. That's our slogan, that's what we've been saying: 'Can't warm up to it.' I'm not really paying attention to how many carries I need, I don't really believe in that.'
    Footballguys view: Conner is going to get competition from guys like Jaylen Samuels, Benny Snell or rookie Anthony McFarland. He should be the starter, and Conner has low-end RB2 value for Fantasy GMs in 2020 due to his three-down skill set.
    Link to story
    James Conner player page

Eagles | Boston Scott headed for breakout season?
    Philadelphia Eagles RB Boston Scott could be in store for a breakthrough 2020 season, his third in the NFL, according to Dave Zangaro of NBC Sports Philadelphia. Zangaro says Scott should be the No. 2 option behind Miles Sanders, even if the Eagles add a veteran running back late in free agency.
    Footballguys view: The Eagles are looking for help in the backfield. They want a veteran to give them more depth behind Sanders. Someone like LeSean McCoy or Devonta Freeman could be added to do just that. Any veteran added could cut into the opportunity for Scott. However, Scott was productive at the end of last season and is worth considering late in your draft.
    Link to story
    Boston Scott player page
    Miles Sanders player page

Dolphins | Malcolm Perry inks rookie deal
    Miami Dolphins seventh-round RB/WR Malcolm Perry signed his four-year rookie contract Tuesday, June 2, according to a source. Financial terms were undisclosed.
    Footballguys view: In 2019, Navy QB Malcolm Perry became the first FBS quarterback to rush for over 2,000 yards in a single season. Perry is slippery in the open field and he does a good job of making moves without losing much speed. We'll see what kind of role he can carve out with the Dolphins, perhaps having to spend time on their practice squad before he gets his chance in the regular season. We'll monitor him in crazy deep dynasty formats.
    Link to story

Colts | Marlon Mack still the guy
    Indianapolis Colts RB Marlon Mack has inherent respect as the starter, according to head coach Frank Reich. 'I see it as a 1-1 (punch),' Reich said, referring to Mack and second-round pick RB Jonathan Taylor. 'The way the league has gone and the way roleplaying has been elevated in our league, it's made it prominent. We used to say in San Diego that when we had Danny Woodhead. He was not our starter, he was our 'role-playing' starter. He played such a significant role. He had 80 catches in a year. You look at a guy like Nyheim Hines. We talk about Marlon and Jonathan, but what about Nyheim? He's such a good third-down back that he'll play a prominent (role). In some ways, (Hines) is a starter. He's a role-playing starter.'
    Footballguys view: Mack may still be 'the guy' but that definition has changed. Drafting Jonathan Taylor is a clear indication of at least a RBBC...for the carries in this Colts offense. Hines is going to get the most use as a receiver out of the backfield. Fantasy GMs need to adjust accordingly.
    Link to story
    Marlon Mack player page

cjwatsonfan32

Broncos have their receivers set but will drew locke be able to get them the ball any?

johnnyvegas13

Broncos have their receivers set but will drew locke be able to get them the ball any?
    I think so

donks on my sleeper list

Otters27

Definitely a sleeper team. Too bad they will have to go through the Cheifs
    Points Awarded:

cincinnatikid513 gave Otters27 113 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Broncos improved a lot on offense...I'm hoping Drew Lock shits the bed they are investing a lot into him after only a few games...Broncos have always been my most hated team..

LT Profits

Thursday Update

Jets | Sam Darnold ready to make a leap?
    New York Jets QB Sam Darnold is 'one of the best young quarterbacks in this league,' according to former NFL quarterback Jordan Palmer, who has trained him since Darnold's predraft process in 2018.'I've said this a bunch, Sam is one of the best young quarterbacks in this league. He has everything. You talk to smart coaches around the league, Sam is one of those guys that they put in a different category. It's just going to be a matter of time for him. I feel like this offseason with the disarray and how crazy it's been, he's been so consistent every day doing the same things and just being methodical with his work, communicating with his teammates. He's heading into Year 2 with this system and with Sam, I don't think it's big, major changes. I think he has to continue to stay the course and he's done that,' Palmer recently said on ESPN's NFL Live.
    Link to story
    Sam Darnold player page

Eagles | Miles Sanders in rare company
    Philadelphia Eagles RB Miles Sanders last season became only the sixth player in NFL history to produce at least 800 yards rushing and 500 yards receiving in his rookie season, joining Abner Haynes (1960), Gale Sayers (1965), Billy Sims (1980), Marshall Faulk (1994), Edgerrin James (1999) and Saquon Barkley (2018).
    Link to story
    Miles Sanders player page

Chiefs | Tyreek Hill practicing yoga
    Kansas City Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill told reporters last month he is doing yoga twice a week in an effort to open up his hips and glutes more.
    Link to story
    Tyreek Hill player page

Broncos | Jerry Jeudy has a chance to be special
    Denver Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy may not 'prove to be the best wide receiver in this draft, but he has definitely got a chance,' in the opinion of the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla.'Courtland Sutton has Pro Bowl skills, yet I don't think he's quite at the level of a game-changer. Jeudy could be a game-changer,' Kiszla wrote in a recent mailbag post for the Denver Post.
    Link to story

Bills | Stefon Diggs tops in downfield yardage in 2019
    Buffalo Bills WR Stefon Diggs led the league with 635 yards on plays in which he caught the ball at least 20 yards downfield, according to Pro Football Focus.
    Link to story
    Stefon Diggs player page

Dolphins | Malcolm Perry expects to move around
    Miami Dolphins WR Malcolm Perry expects to be asked to play at running back and wide receiver this upcoming season. He has been working on his running and receiving skills this offseason.
    Link to story

Browns | OC happy with David Njoku
    Cleveland Browns TE David Njoku has been impressive during the offseason meetings and will have a clean slate with the new coaching staff, according to offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt.
    Link to story
    David Njoku player page

Steelers | Mason Rudolph working out with NFL players
    Pittsburgh Steelers QB Mason Rudolph recently worked out with Chicago Bears RB Tarik Cohen and WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Free-agent CB Captain Munnerlyn (Bills) also participated in the workout.
    Link to story
    Mason Rudolph player page

Titans | Derrick Henry's carries may vary
    Tennessee Titans RB Derrick Henry's carries will change depending on how each game is going this upcoming season, according to offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.
    Link to story
    Derrick Henry player page

Colts | Nyheim Hines wants to be returner
    Indianapolis Colts RB Nyheim Hines said he wants to be the team's main kick and punt returner this upcoming season.
    Footballguys view: Hines just wants to get on the field more and make plays. With his speed and agility in the open field, Hines can work well as a return man...just like he works well as a receiver out of the backfield. With new QB Philip Rivers, Hines should be a favorite target and could be his new Austin Ekeler. He won't catch 92 passes like Ekeler did for Rivers last year, but Hines could be in line for around 40 catches in 2020.
    Link to story
    Nyheim Hines player page

Titans | OC expects Corey Davis to improve
    Tennessee Titans WR Corey Davis made some big plays last season and should improve his play in 2020, according to offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.
    Footballguys view: Davis was outplayed by rookie A.J. Brown last year. We'll see how he continues to mesh with QB Ryan Tannehill this season and Davis has the talented to be worth taking a chance on late in your fantasy drafts. With improved play, he could climb back into high-end WR3/flex levels for Fantasy GMs in 2020.
    Link to story
    Corey Davis player page

Titans | Two QBs will compete for backup job
    Tennessee Titans QBs Logan Woodside and Cole McDonald will compete for the backup quarterback job during training camp, according to offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.
    Footballguys view: Woodside has bounced around the league a bit since the Bengals drafted him in the seventh round of the 2018 NFL draft. McDonald is the rookie from Hawaii who is a rhythm thrower who loves to take a lot of chances with the football. With only three quarterbacks on the roster, these two should get plenty of work in training camp and the preseason.
    Link to story

Browns | Odell Beckham has been involved in meetings
    Cleveland Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. has been fully involved in the virtual meetings this offseason and has been great to work with, according to offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt.
    Footballguys view: Beckham and the Browns offense want a mulligan after last year. He went over 1,000 yards in 2019, but Beckham hasn't had double-digit touchdowns in a single season since 2016. Expect over 1,000 yards receiving again but to truly be the dominant playmaker the Browns want we need to see him get into the end zone more often.
    Link to story
    Odell Beckham Jr player page

Eagles | Corey Clement will have to earn spot
    Philadelphia Eagles RB Corey Clement has a chance to make the final roster if he can stay healthy during training camp and can be productive in the offense.
    Footballguys view: The Eagles have a packed running back room but are still looking for a veteran to put in the mix behind starter Miles Sanders. Adding someone like LeSean McCoy would only make things more cramped for a guy like Clement (and others). Clement could be the No. 4 running back because of his ability to play special teams.
    Link to story
    Corey Clement player page

Eagles | Boston Scott has good chance to make team
    Philadelphia Eagles RB Boston Scott has a good chance to make the final roster because of his solid play at the end of the 2019 season, in the opinion of The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane. The Eagles are expected to add another running back, but Scott could be a leading candidate for the No. 3 running back job.
    Footballguys view: Scott not only has a good chance to make the team (duh), but he could carve himself a role as the primary back behind starter Miles Sanders. We saw Scott make plays as a runner and receiver out of the backfield near the end of the 2019 season, and that could carry over to this year. The Eagles may add a veteran to the mix (LeSean McCoy?) but that might knock Scott out of his no.2 position.
    Link to story
    Boston Scott player page

49ers | Trent Taylor working out with QB
    San Francisco 49ers WR Trent Taylor (foot) has been working out with QB Jimmy Garoppolo this offseason and said he is able to run routes and cut on his foot.
    Footballguys view: Taylor had a problematic foot injury last year that required five (!) surgeries to repair. He may not be 100 percent, but this is a positive sign in his recovery. We'll see if he can stay healthy and win the slot job for the 49ers this season.
    Link to story
    Trent Taylor player page

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16534

I think Beckham has something to prove this season.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Only a matter of time until a Covid incident.

What will the NFL do?

Otters27

Thanks Cincinnati. Tried to pm you but no dice

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18797

What will the NFL do?
    Nothing really happened to any of the players in other sports. Injury reports may have added differences from past, Doubtful-Quarantine

JAKEPEAVY21

What will the NFL do?
    These athletes are healthy and strong enough to handle it..keep playing.

LT Profits

Friday Update

Patriots | Jarrett Stidham working with Edelman
    New England Patriots QB Jarrett Stidham has regularly been working out with WR Julian Edelman as both are based out of Massachusetts.
    Link to story
    Julian Edelman player page
    Jarrett Stidham player page

Buccaneers | Devonta Freeman seeking out Bucs
    Free-agent RB Devonta Freeman (Falcons) suggested on Twitter that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers should contact him directly. 'I read in the media that Tampa Bay Buccaneers are interested,' Freeman tweeted. 'A number of teams are interested, but we can't negotiate through the media, the Buccaneers can reach out to me directly.'
    Link to story
    Devonta Freeman player page

Eagles | Devonta Freeman unlikely to PHI
    Free-agent RB Devonta Freeman (Falcons) is unlikely to land with the Philadelphia Eagles.
    Link to story

Chiefs | Patrick Mahomes off to record start
    Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes' 93.7 Pro Football Focus grade is the highest of any quarterback over their first three seasons in the NFL.
    Link to story
    Patrick Mahomes II player page

Vikings | Kirk Cousins highly valuable to Vikes
    Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins has been the team's most valuable player of the past decade, according to Pro Football Focus' WAR.
    Link to story
    Kirk Cousins player page

Buccaneers | Bucs to use two TEs in base offense
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers TEs Rob Gronkowski, O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate will all spend plenty of time on the field in 2020, according to head coach Bruce Arians. 'That's our base offense,' Arians said when asked about the Buccaneers using 12 personnel with one running back and two tight ends, according to Greg Auman of The Athletic.
    Link to story
    Rob Gronkowski player page
    Cameron Brate player page
    O.J. Howard player page

Redskins | Terry McLaurin good against any coverage
    Washington Redskins WR Terry McLaurin had a success rate of 76 percent against man coverage and 79.7 percent against press coverage in 2019. Those ratings ranked in the 89th and 93rd percentile, respectively.
    Link to story
    Terry McLaurin player page

Browns | Baker Mayfield working on footwork
    Cleveland Browns QB Baker Mayfield has been streamlining his footwork this offseason over virtual calls, according to offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt. Van Pelt said he wants his quarterbacks using West Coast footwork, and he has gotten Mayfield to remove a giant stagger step from his dropbacks.
    Footballguys view: Mayfield is getting a fresh start in 2020 after a disappointing 2019 season. The new staff, new protection, new weapons and improved footwork should help Mayfield play better this season.
    Link to story
    Baker Mayfield player page

Browns | Kareem Hunt's role to grow in 2020
    Cleveland Browns RB Kareem Hunt's role in the offense will grow in 2020, according to offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt Wednesday, June 3. 'We have to find a way to put the best players on the field and the matchups that will come with that each week. Kareem is an extremely talented runner as a running back, and he is exceptional out of the backfield (as a receiver). He is fearless, and the selflessness of him blocking and lead blocking, he is just a football player who loves to play. We have to find ways to get him the ball.'
    Footballguys view: Hunt is a reserve running back behind Nick Chubb but he could have plenty of fantasy value...especially in PPR leagues. He's a RB3/flex option for Fantasy GMs while Chubb is a RB1 in 2020.
    Link to story
    Kareem Hunt player page
    Nick Chubb player page

Colts | Jonathan Taylor can fix fumbling problem
    Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor fumbled 18 times during his three years at Wisconsin, but running backs Tom Rathman said Taylor can correct the problem with better fundamentals.
    Footballguys view: That's good news if Rathman can fix the problem. Taylor had a huge workload in college at Wisconsin but is going to be splitting time with Marlon Mack as the team's primary ball-carriers. Nyheim Hines should get plenty of work as a third-down option in 2020.
    Link to story

Buccaneers | Devonta Freeman too expensive for Bucs
    Free-agent RB Devonta Freeman (Falcons) would receive interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers if he lowered his asking price, according to head coach Bruce Arians.
    Footballguys view: The Buccaneers could use some running back help. Freeman has been getting a little bit of buzz but has yet to find a new home. We'll see if he lowers his price tag and then gets a chance. Freeman is not the player he used to be but could work as a rotational back with a team like the Buccaneers.
    Link to story

Vikings | Justin Jefferson catches mostly everything
    Minnesota Vikings first-round pick WR Justin Jefferson had an 85.2 percent catch rate last season, which was the highest of any eligible receiver in the draft. He led the country with 111 receptions and had the second-most touchdowns in SEC history with 18.
    Footballguys view: Jefferson has sure hands and that's one of the main reasons he was drafted in the first round. Out of his 111 receptions, 109 of them came from the slot position. We'll see how the Vikings utilize him this year as Adam Thielen does a lot of work from the slot. Jefferson struggled outside for LSU two years ago, but should play out there a lot more in the NFL than he did in 2019 for the Bayou Bengals.
    Link to story

Chargers | Justin Herbert will compete
    Los Angeles Chargers first-round pick QB Justin Herbert is expected to compete for the starting job with QB Tyrod Taylor, according to quarterbacks coach Pep Hamilton.
    Footballguys view: Herbert is the quarterback of the future but he may have to wait for his chance to start. Taylor is a seasoned veteran quarterback and the team can win a lot of games with him as the starter. We'll see if Herbert can unseat the veteran in training camp and the preseason.
    Link to story

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

What will the NFL do?
    Quarantine the infected players for two weeks and move on.

LT Profits

Saturday Update

Steelers | Uncertain future for Jaylen Samuels?
    Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jaylen Samuels isn't in 'the category of a lock' to make the 53-man roster, according to Bob Labriola of Steelers.com.
    Link to story
    Jaylen Samuels player page

Steelers | Eric Ebron fighting for snaps?
    Pittsburgh Steelers TE Eric Ebron and TE Vance McDonald will likely battle for the starting role during training camp, according to Brian Batko of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    Link to story
    Vance McDonald player page
    Eric Ebron player page

Steelers | Limited upside for Diontae Johnson?
    Pittsburgh Steelers WR Diontae Johnson might not see much of an increase in his numbers in his second season because of the additions of TE Eric Ebron and WR Chase Claypool, in the opinion of Brian Batko of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
    Link to story
    Diontae Johnson player page

Falcons | Todd Gurley impressing QB
    Atlanta Falcons RB Todd Gurley is going to be an 'awesome fit' for the offense, QB Matt Ryan said after working out with the running back.
    Link to story
    Todd Gurley player page

Lions | Marvin Jones working out with rookie
    Detroit Lions WR Marvin Jones has been working out with WR Quintez Cephus in California this offseason.
    Link to story
    Marvin Jones Jr player page

49ers | Raheem Mostert extension looming?
    San Francisco 49ers RB Raheem Mostert soon could receive a contract extension this offseason, in the opinion of one team beat reporter.
    Footballguys view: Mostert was the best 49ers running back last year and Tevin Coleman only has one year left on his contract, so a modest extension for Mostert makes sense. The 49ers will likely continue their RBBC plan in the regular season, but Mostert is the most valuable member and could outproduce his mid-round fantasy draft stock.
    Link to story
    Raheem Mostert player page

Steelers | Ben Roethlisberger an award favorite
    Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) is a co-favorite, along with Tampa Bay Buccaneers TE Rob Gronkowski to win the 2020 NFL Comeback Player of the Year award, according to odds posted by MGM.
    Footballguys view: The durability of both is in question, but the year off for Gronkowski could improve his ability to stay on the field, and Roethlisberger should be more effective passing than he was in Week 1 last year, when he was playing with his elbow injury.
    Link to story
    Ben Roethlisberger player page

49ers | Jimmy Garoppolo headed for greatness?
    San Francisco 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo continues to receive lavish praise from the team this offseason, the latest coming from head coach Kyle Shanahan on Thursday, June 4. 'When you have to talk to Jimmy about one of the best quarterbacks of all time (Tom Brady) being available, I know Jimmy has a goal to be that,' Shanahan said on a video call with reporters. 'I know Jimmy. I believe Jimmy has the ability to be that, and that's what both of us are going for. If we can get him there and he has the ability to do it, we're going to be pretty happy with who we have for a long time.'
    Footballguys view: The 49ers are doing the right thing by building up his confidence, although it still stands that Garoppolo was a small part of their offense in the playoffs and failed when he had a chance to regain the lead in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. If Kirk Cousins was going to be available next year, he might be the favorite to be the 2021 49ers quarterback. We'll be watching to see if Garoppolo has any additional self-doubt after how his season ended.
    Link to story
    Jimmy Garoppolo player page

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Quarantine the infected players for two weeks and move on.
    they say that now....but the mainstream media will blow it out of proportion and it will end up getting shut down.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

it'd be shocking if Samuels didn't make the roster

LT Profits

Sunday Update

Browns | Former CLE coach wanted team to sign Colin Kaepernick
    Former Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson said that he wanted the team to sign free-agent QB Colin Kaepernick (49ers) in 2017, during a radio interview with WKNR-AM's Tony Rizzo and Aaron Goldhammer. However, Jackson did not have the ability to make personnel decisions and the Browns selected DeShone Kizer in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft instead.
    Link to story
    Colin Kaepernick player page

Raiders | Henry Ruggs using crutches
    Updating previous reports, Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III (thigh) is currently using crutches after sustaining a cut to his thigh while attempting to move items into a trailer, according to his father, Henry Ruggs Jr.
    Link to story

Bills | Zack Moss the total package?
    Buffalo Bills RB Zack Moss has the qualities the team is looking for in a running back, according to offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. 'He's tough, hard-nosed, downhill guy that for being a bigger body guy still has the ability to make people miss in short spaces,' Daboll said. 'We really, really like that the toughness that he ran with.'
    Link to story

Redskins | Dwayne Haskins working out with teammate
    Washington Redskins QB Dwayne Haskins recently worked out with WR Steven Sims.
    Link to story
    Dwayne Haskins player page

Titans | Darrynton Evans' role uncertain
    Tennessee Titans RB Darrynton Evans' role will be determined on how much he will be able to handle, according to head coach Arthur Smith. Evans probably will be used when RB Derrick Henry needs a rest.
    Footballguys view: Evans is a hard-charging running back who understands angles and will hit the hole quickly. He's not a power back like Henry, but the rookie from Appalachian State handled a large workload in college and didn't cough up the rock. He had 467 touches over the last two years without a fumble. That reliability means the Titans could count on him when Henry needs a breather.
    Link to story

Texans | Darren Fells a trusted red-zone option
    Houston Texans TE Darren Fells led the team with nine red-zone receptions and seven touchdowns in 2019. His 11 red-zone targets shared the team lead with WR DeAndre Hopkins.
    Footballguys view: With Hopkins traded way, Fells might get a little more work in the red zone. However, his seven touchdowns are going to be tough to duplicate. Instead it might be better to project him for around 4-5 touchdowns in 2020.
    Link to story
    Darren Fells player page

Bears | Tarik Cohen inefficient in red zone
    Chicago Bears RB Tarik Cohen caught 73 of 98 targets in 2019, but he caught just five of nine red-zone targets.
    Footballguys view: Cohen will continue to be targeted early and often in the Bears offense. We'll see who wins the starting QB job between Mitchell Trubisky and Nick Foles. Either way, Cohen should be a continued top target in the offense.
    Link to story
    Tarik Cohen player page

Bears | David Montgomery controlled red-zone duties
    Chicago Bears RB David Montgomery received 26 red-zone carries and scored five touchdowns on those carries in 2019. RB Tarik Cohen had just six red-zone carries with one touchdown.
    Footballguys view: Montgomery got a ton of work near pay dirt, but he failed to have a high conversion rate on those carries. He's a low-end RB2 for Fantasy GMs because Cohen takes most all the targets int he passing game. Montgomery could outperform his current ADP (RB23, 4.05) if he becomes more efficient in the red zone.
    Link to story
    David Montgomery player page

49ers | Tevin Coleman hogged red-zone work
    San Francisco 49ers RB Tevin Coleman led his team with 26 red-zone carries in 2019. He also scored a team-high five touchdowns on those rushes.
    Footballguys view: Coleman is going to spell Raheem Mostert in 2020. That makes him a RB4 option for Fantasy GMs this season.
    Link to story
    Tevin Coleman player page

Patriots | James White reliable in premium area
    New England Patriots RB James White led all NFL running backs in 2019 with 20 red-zone targets. He had 17 receptions and four touchdowns on those throws.
    Footballguys view: White is as reliable as they come across the field but can be especially dangerous in the red zone. It will be interesting to see how he meshes with Jarrett Stidham in 2020 as we should see Stidham as the Patriots starting quarterback this season.
    Link to story
    James White player page

Bills | Cole Beasley excelled in red zone
    Buffalo Bills WR Cole Beasley caught all eight of his red-zone targets in 2019 and scored five touchdowns within the opposition's 20-yard line.
    Footballguys view: Beasley is dangerous on underneath routes and has great hands. He'll continue to serve in the same role for the Bills passing game this year. Beasley was a low-end WR3 for Fantasy GMs last year and has deep flex appeal once again in 2020.
    Link to story
    Cole Beasley player page

Browns | OC praises Odell Beckham Jr.
    Cleveland Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr. is receiving strong praise from offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt. 'He's a worker,' Van Pelt said about Beckham's participation in the offseason program. 'He loves football. He's smart as hell. He's just been a model guy this offseason.'
    Footballguys view: Beckham's first year in Cleveland was a disappointment, and Fantasy GMs are looking for a bounce-back year. However, he still went over 1,000 yards and registered 74 catches. We're projecting him for a slight uptick in those numbers this season.
    Link to story
    Odell Beckham Jr player page

Raiders | Darren Waller 2nd in target share
    Las Vegas Raiders TE Darren Waller ranked second among tight ends (minimum 100 targets) in 2019 with a 23.8-percent team target share.
    Footballguys view: Waller was the second-leading tight end last year in terms of yardage only behind Travis Kelce. The Raiders added Jason Witten this offseason in free agency, and we'll see how he cuts into Waller's target share.
    Link to story
    Darren Waller player page

Bears | Allen Robinson a top target
    Chicago Bears WR Allen Robinson finished with a 2019 team target share of 27.1 percent -- second among all pass-catchers with at least 100 targets.
    Footballguys view: We'll see Robinson continue to get a huge share of the workload in 2020...regardless of who wins the starting QB job. Mitchell Trubisky will compete with Nick Foles for the top spot on the Bears depth chart.
    Link to story
    Allen Robinson player page

Broncos | Jerry Jeudy working with Drew Lock
    Denver Broncos WR Jerry Jeudy has been among the players catching passes daily from QB Drew Lock at a Denver-area field.
    Footballguys view: Jeudy and Lock could be a great combination in 2020. The first-round pick was arguably the best receiver in this class...a group of wideouts considered to be among the best to ever come into the league. Jeudy is a no.1 receiver...giving the Broncos two such receivers with Courtland Sutton already in place. We'll see if this work in the offseason helps the two get off to a hot start in 2020.
    Link to story

Eagles | Drops hampered Carson Wentz
    Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz lost out on 391 air yards due to dropped passes in 2019 -- second most in the league -- according to Pro Football Focus data.
    Footballguys view: Wentz didn't have a great group of wide receivers last year. Guys were either old, injury, inexperienced or a combination of those three. This year, the Eagles made an emphasis to add better talent to the position. That's why they spent a first-round pick in the 2020 NFL draft on Jalen Reagor (TCU). We should see better numbers from Wentz due to this emphasis.
    Link to story
    Carson Wentz player page

Cowboys | Dak Prescott hurt by drops
    Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott topped all quarterbacks with 392 air yards lost on dropped passes in 2019, according to Pro Football Focus data.
    Footballguys view: Prescott should see better numbers this year with CeeDee Lamb (2020 first-round pick) added to the mix. He's yet to come to an agreement on a long-term deal with the Cowboys but the two sides have until mid-July to get something done.
    Link to story
    Dak Prescott player page

johnnyvegas13

Jerry jeudyyy has gonna b a beast Mark my wordss

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I hope he is an epic bust!

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    wasn't the knock on him that medical tests showed he has knees of a 50 yr old?

johnnyvegas13

wasn't the knock on him that medical tests showed he has knees of a 50 yr old?
    Lol

ya ok

cjwatsonfan32

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I hope he is an epic bust!

Julio Jones will be the best bama receiver in recent history to be in the league but Jerry Jeudy might be #2 because cooper seems to have underperformed so far

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Jones

12 Last