SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Ex-'Bachelor' contestant - $1 million DFS win was kit on the up and up

Jade Roper-Tolbert, a past contestant on the reality TV series "The Bachelor," won a $1 million fantasy football contest over the weekend, but controversy ensued shortly after and an investigation has been launched.
    Tolbert, who is in her first season regularly playing fantasy sports, entered the maximum 150 lineups into the DraftKings' "Millionaire Maker" contest on the weekend's four NFL wild-card games.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Heard they took the money away.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Heard they took the money away.
    They did and it was pretty obvious that they used multiple accounts to get in more lineups based on what I've heard.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    They did and it was pretty obvious that they used multiple accounts to get in more lineups based on what I've heard.
    I'm almost certain there are even more people involved then just him and his wife. When these Millionaire maker contests first started players were all pooling their money together to not just have a couple hundred lineups but rather a couple thousand lineups entered into the contests. They were able to cover all of their bases and really hit on a bigger "core" while also reducing variance variance and capitalizing on the top heavy payouts as a group or a syndicate.

I know this because I was once a top 10 ranked DFS player on the Rotogrinder leaderboards about 5-6 years ago and knew many other guys doing that.

If his account had won, or another "reg", then this story would have never broke. They got greedy using her account as well.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I'm almost certain there are even more people involved then just him and his wife. When these Millionaire maker contests first started players were all pooling their money together to not just have a couple hundred lineups but rather a couple thousand lineups entered into the contests. They were able to cover all of their bases and really hit on a bigger "core" while also reducing variance variance and capitalizing on the top heavy payouts as a group or a syndicate.

I know this because I was once a top 10 ranked DFS player on the Rotogrinder leaderboards about 5-6 years ago and knew many other guys doing that.

If his account had won, or another "reg", then this story would have never broke. They got greedy using her account as well.
    Greed is almost always the downfall.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Some people get away with greed but most it catches up with them

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66404

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

He had over 100,000 entries. Glad they caught him!!!

Getch13
    Getch13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66404

Quote Originally Posted by koz-man View Post
    He had over 100,000 entries. Glad they caught him!!!

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162