BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Yankees going to keep mashing their way through the season, what a lineup on paper once everyone gets healthy. Scary.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Yankees going to keep mashing their way through the season, what a lineup on paper once everyone gets healthy. Scary.
    then fail in the playoffs due to striking out too often against good pitching

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I consider Didi and Gardner as clutch hitters though.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Cubs free-agent acquisition Craig Kimbrel is scheduled to join the Triple-A Iowa Cubs, tweets Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Since signing with his new club, Kimbrel had been working at the Cubs’ complex in Arizona, but will now travel to Sacramento for his first game action, which is slated for Tuesday, adds Jordan Bastian of MLB.com.
    The 31-year-old Kimbrel, fresh off signing a 3-year, $43MM contract, has yet to appear in a professional game this season, but that will change this week, with the electric closer set to get some minor-league seasoning before he appears out of a Major League bullpen. While it doesn’t appear that Kimbrel will be in Chicago by the June 20 mark that was tentatively suggested by ESPN’s Jeff Passan, one would imagine that Kimbrel should be ready for big league competition before too long.
    And the reinforcements couldn’t come too early for the Cubs, a team that has fielded a bullpen that as a whole has graded out as roughly average thus far. While the Cubs’ most pressing need might be left-handed relievers, Kimbrel will no doubt strengthen a unit that features just two players sporting a FIP below 4.00. As a team, the Cubs have blown 12 saves in 2019, and while saves are of course a flawed metric, the number is nonetheless indicative of the current unit’s lack of reliability.
    On the flip side, for his career, Kimbrel’s FIP sits at an outlandish 1.96, placing him in the company of some of the game’s all-time great relief pitchers. And while last season gave way to some red flags—especially in the postseason—any bullpen would benefit from adding an arm like Kimbrel’s. Currently sitting in first place in the NL Central, the 39-31 Cubs will welcome the stability, debth, and experience that Kimbrel should provide.
    As of now, reports that Kimbrel’s stuff has looked as good as ever in workouts are the only basis upon which to evaluate Kimbrel’s readiness, but the coming days will give scouts and fans alike their first look at Kimbrel’s dynamic stuff since last October. Needless to say, the intensity of game action—even in the minor leagues—is a far cry from the private showcases that Kimbrel conducted during his free agency, and a nearly eight-month hiatus from affiliated games will surely require some time to readjust to the grind of a Major-League season. With that in mind, though, the Cubs can look forward to the impending addition of an elite bullpen arm as the race for playoff position intensifies.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

your not kidding....geezo

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Colorados bullpen is a bloody disgrace .

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Cubs free-agent acquisition Craig Kimbrel is scheduled to join the Triple-A Iowa Cubs, tweets Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Since signing with his new club, Kimbrel had been working at the Cubs’ complex in Arizona, but will now travel to Sacramento for his first game action, which is slated for Tuesday, adds Jordan Bastian of MLB.com.
    The 31-year-old Kimbrel, fresh off signing a 3-year, $43MM contract, has yet to appear in a professional game this season, but that will change this week, with the electric closer set to get some minor-league seasoning before he appears out of a Major League bullpen. While it doesn’t appear that Kimbrel will be in Chicago by the June 20 mark that was tentatively suggested by ESPN’s Jeff Passan, one would imagine that Kimbrel should be ready for big league competition before too long.
    And the reinforcements couldn’t come too early for the Cubs, a team that has fielded a bullpen that as a whole has graded out as roughly average thus far. While the Cubs’ most pressing need might be left-handed relievers, Kimbrel will no doubt strengthen a unit that features just two players sporting a FIP below 4.00. As a team, the Cubs have blown 12 saves in 2019, and while saves are of course a flawed metric, the number is nonetheless indicative of the current unit’s lack of reliability.
    On the flip side, for his career, Kimbrel’s FIP sits at an outlandish 1.96, placing him in the company of some of the game’s all-time great relief pitchers. And while last season gave way to some red flags—especially in the postseason—any bullpen would benefit from adding an arm like Kimbrel’s. Currently sitting in first place in the NL Central, the 39-31 Cubs will welcome the stability, debth, and experience that Kimbrel should provide.
    As of now, reports that Kimbrel’s stuff has looked as good as ever in workouts are the only basis upon which to evaluate Kimbrel’s readiness, but the coming days will give scouts and fans alike their first look at Kimbrel’s dynamic stuff since last October. Needless to say, the intensity of game action—even in the minor leagues—is a far cry from the private showcases that Kimbrel conducted during his free agency, and a nearly eight-month hiatus from affiliated games will surely require some time to readjust to the grind of a Major-League season. With that in mind, though, the Cubs can look forward to the impending addition of an elite bullpen arm as the race for playoff position intensifies.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Colorados bullpen is a bloody disgrace .
    Tell me about it I thought my Colorado bet was good today but nope they had to blow a 3 run lead in the later innings. If you score 13 runs you should win just about every single time.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Tell me about it I thought my Colorado bet was good today but nope they had to blow a 3 run lead in the later innings. If you score 13 runs you should win just about every single time.
    That would hurt

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

been good for overs. over cashed in the 3rd inning

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

except at Coors field...

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

yup Ive been saying it for weeks, they were doing all this without hicks, judge, didi, stanton, severino...crazy

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Blackmon had 15 hits in that last series!

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Padres, Rockies break 4-game series runs record

DENVER -- In a historically high-scoring series, the outcome was decided by a pinch-hitting pitcher.
    On a bases-loaded walk, no less, off a starter who was making his first major league relief appearance.
    That seems appropriate for such a wacky series.
    The Padres and Rockies set a modern-era record by combining for 92 runs in a four-game series, with San Diego pitcher Matt Strahm drawing a pinch-hit, bases-loaded walk in the ninth inning to rally past Colorado 14-13 Sunday.
    "A four-game series here, it feels like a month,'' Padres first baseman Eric Hosmer said. "This was a grind.''

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Thinking of going big on an MLB game

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Thinking of going big on an MLB game
    Brewers

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Maybe, but at least they'll make the playoffs.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by koz-man View Post

DENVER -- In a historically high-scoring series, the outcome was decided by a pinch-hitting pitcher.
    On a bases-loaded walk, no less, off a starter who was making his first major league relief appearance.
    The Padres and Rockies set a modern-era record by combining for 92 runs in a four-game series, with San Diego pitcher Matt Strahm drawing a pinch-hit, bases-loaded walk in the ninth inning to rally past Colorado 14-13 Sunday.
    "A four-game series here, it feels like a month,'' Padres first baseman Eric Hosmer said. "This was a grind.''
    wonder how long each game took....

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Blackmon had 15 hits in that last series!
    I love Charlie Blackmon. Probably overpaid to get him in my auction but to me he’s worth the $33 I paid to get him on that team.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

The Braves plan for left-hander Dallas Keuchel to make his season debut Friday against the division-rival Nationals, according to manager Brian Snitker (via David O’Brien of The Athletic and Mark Bowman of MLB.com).
    Keuchel has pitched two minor league tuneup games since he ended his protracted trip to free agency with a one-year, $13MM agreement on June 7. The first, in which Keuchel threw seven shutout, one-hit innings at the Single-A level, went swimmingly. Keuchel added another seven frames in a Double-A start Saturday, though he allowed 11 hits and three earned runs. However, the Braves are “encouraged” by the fact that Keuchel threw 101 pitches in that outing, Bowman writes.
    Although the reigning NL East champion Braves lead their division by 2 1/2 games this year, they’ve gotten to this point with middling starting pitching. In need of a complement to superb rookie Mike Soroka, the club made a notable in-season commitment to the 31-year-old Keuchel, who often excelled in Houston over the previous half-decade and has a 2015 AL Cy Young Award on his resume.
    Keuchel is now about to join a Braves rotation which, aside from Soroka, isn’t the most trustworthy group. Julio Teheran has enjoyed a major bounce-back year in terms of bottom-line results, but as always, his peripherals aren’t as encouraging as his ERA. Meantime, Max Fried has cooled off since a great start, Mike Foltynewicz has been surprisingly poor after what looked like a breakout 2018, and Kevin Gausman (now injured), Sean Newcomb, Kyle Wright, Touki Toussaint and Bryse Wilson haven’t offered solutions over a combined 22 starts.
    Fortunately for Atlanta, Keuchel’s not the only reinforcement on the way. Injured center fielder Ender Inciarte – out since May 15 with a lumbar strain – has been cleared for baseball activities and could embark on a rehab assignment next week, per Bowman. However, as Bowman notes, Inciarte will not reclaim the starting job in center field when he returns to the majors.
    The Braves can’t sit rookie standout left fielder Austin Riley, who will continue to line up alongside Inciarte’s center field replacement, Ronald Acuna Jr., and right fielder Nick Markakis. The defensively adept Inciarte had center on lockdown in Atlanta from 2016 until landing on the IL this year, but his injury and subpar start over the first month and a half of this season opened the door for the hot-hitting Riley.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

It's just incredible

JaimeMiro

Padres - Brewers might be another low scoring series... like the under tomorrow

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Who we like today fellas? Im kind of leaning toward the Rays at +140. Bullpen day for thm which can be hit or miss, but I dont think JA Happ is all that great. I think they are being underpriced after getting shut out by Tanaka last night.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Both teams bullpens must be spent.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    Who we like today fellas? Im kind of leaning toward the Rays at +140. Bullpen day for thm which can be hit or miss, but I dont think JA Happ is all that great. I think they are being underpriced after getting shut out by Tanaka last night.
    Thanks dude I'm going to tail there. Dodger burned me again last night

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Thanks dude I'm going to tail there. Dodger burned me again last night
    Dodgers today with Kershaw on the mound.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Astros 2B Altuve to be activated Wednesday

Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve will be activated Wednesday and is "ready to go" in his return from a strained left hamstring, manager A.J. Hinch said Tuesday.
    "I feel pretty good," Altuve told reporters in the Astros' locker room. "My confidence is up. I'm just ready to come here and play again and help the team."
    Altuve has not played for the Astros since May 10 because of his hamstring injury. He has played five games at Triple-A Round Rock in a rehab assignment.
    "It's been forever," Altuve said. "But at the same time it's helped me a lot that the guys have been playing so good and winning a lot of games. Makes me feel better about not playing."

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

good luck today everyone!

mr. leisure

Taking a flyer on the rockies +148

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yankees unlimited money to spend, they go and get Encarnacion when they already have a DH in Frazier plus Stanton is back and Judge will be returning

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

according to MLB rumours out of the top 50 available players to trade Giants haveSmith as the No. 1 available piece before the deadline, with Bumgarner ranking right behind him. Left-hander Tony Watson (No. 6), right-hander Sam Dyson (No. 11) and third baseman Pablo Sandoval (No. 15) also cracked the top 15.

Interesting to see what happens.....

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Cubs tomorrow over White Sox, no way they lose back to back here.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Cubs tomorrow over White Sox, no way they lose back to back here.
    Not a bad call there....

JaimeMiro

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Padres - Brewers might be another low scoring series... like the under tomorrow
    Bot 8th, score 4 - 1, under on track...

mr. leisure

QUOTE=yisman Yankees unlimited money to spend

Yep , just like the last 35 years .

First ... 52535455565758 ... Last